Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk


    Guests and Treatment

    Share

    Poll

    Have you disrespected a guest?

    [ 9 ]
    26% [26%] 
    [ 9 ]
    26% [26%] 
    [ 17 ]
    48% [48%] 

    Total Votes: 35
    avatar
    Fireboy5115

    Posts : 63
    Join date : 2011-05-10

    Guests and Treatment

    Post by Fireboy5115 on 2011-08-24, 11:54

    I notice that disrespect is a HUGE issue. Most new guests are ignored and treated badly. I don't know why...maybe you guys can shed some light on the subject. The other day I was even disrespected because I asked someone to kick Ciphon who was, and I quote, writing "=((" about 10 times every 30 seconds. Then someone said, and again I quote, "someone ban that fireboy kid". Now, Ciphon, I don't mean to be mean or anything but I found this hurtfully unfair. After this I got pretty mad and asked why people disrespected so much. Then, I was starting to get ignored again. I thought that people knew who I was and was just thinking that they weren't mean or ignoring individuals. Please, consider your choices when on the server. I really don't want trouble or mean to insult anyone but...I think that people really should think about how you would feel if this happened to you.
    avatar
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

    Posts : 2226
    Join date : 2010-12-27
    Location : California

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by Jarvisd on 2011-08-24, 11:58

    Yah this has been a problem for along time, since the guests are the future... People take their rage out on said guests alot.


    _________________
    avatar
    freddy705

    Posts : 321
    Join date : 2011-05-08
    Age : 25
    Location : Norway, Fredrikstad

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by freddy705 on 2011-08-24, 11:59

    in my defence, i Welcome and help players if they ask.

    and i think its rather good that you post this so people actually know how a.. Escuse me, Noob meets the server for the first time.


    YES, we should welcome newcommers more warmly
    avatar
    luminousmouse

    Posts : 164
    Join date : 2011-08-03
    Age : 23
    Location : Arkansas, United States

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by luminousmouse on 2011-08-24, 12:00

    I've honestly never heard anything like this. Usually town owners are crawling on guests to buy plots in their towns...maybe you did something they didn't like? Plus, it's not against the server rules to disrespect other players as long as it's not racist or anything.
    EDIT: Also shouldn't this be in the complaints section? Cool


    Last edited by luminousmouse on 2011-08-24, 12:03; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

    Posts : 5936
    Join date : 2010-10-31
    Age : 23
    Location : England

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by Orcworm on 2011-08-24, 12:01

    It's just the state of affairs I suppose, however rotten that may seem. People get a different coloured tag and think they're better than someone else who doesn't. Obviously it's not something I want happening on my server but I'm not one to hawk the chat all day long. All I can say is if this does occur then send me a PM with the details.


    _________________

    avatar
    DoughnutSpanker
    Donator
    Donator

    Posts : 527
    Join date : 2011-01-31
    Age : 22
    Location : The United States of America

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by DoughnutSpanker on 2011-08-24, 12:06

    I try to help out as many guests as I can, cause I remember when I was a nub on the old map, and nobody helped me out. I felt so confused and nobody would answer my questions. That's why you'll see me trying to help the guests as much as I can. I think there is way too much hate on the guests, and it turns them away from the server. Who wants to spend time on a server that hates them and doesn't want them there?
    avatar
    Monstaboi

    Posts : 1432
    Join date : 2011-02-02

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by Monstaboi on 2011-08-24, 12:10

    i help the guests out now and again, but if somebody was writing =(( every 3 seconds, i think somebody would notice or care, let alone people don't really like it when a random person asks to kick another person without giving a reason.
    avatar
    Pete

    Posts : 3194
    Join date : 2010-12-22
    Age : 24
    Location : Santiago, Chile

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by Pete on 2011-08-24, 12:10

    What about taking away shiny tags and colors? It's something I've been thinking about for some time now...
    avatar
    DoughnutSpanker
    Donator
    Donator

    Posts : 527
    Join date : 2011-01-31
    Age : 22
    Location : The United States of America

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by DoughnutSpanker on 2011-08-24, 12:12

    Pete wrote:What about taking away shiny tags and colors? It's something I've been thinking about for some time now...

    With all due respect, I fail to see how this would help the situation.
    avatar
    onlinerocker

    Posts : 501
    Join date : 2011-07-22
    Location : Hoenn Region

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by onlinerocker on 2011-08-24, 12:14

    Yes this would help everyone feel more equal. However, we do need a way to separate guests from staff member
    avatar
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

    Posts : 2226
    Join date : 2010-12-27
    Location : California

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by Jarvisd on 2011-08-24, 12:20

    Some bs going on to a guest from walla and ripley... People think since they are 'donators' they get to be douche bags.


    _________________
    avatar
    onlinerocker

    Posts : 501
    Join date : 2011-07-22
    Location : Hoenn Region

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by onlinerocker on 2011-08-24, 12:24

    Exactly jar, this problem needs to be solved. IMO this should be bannable, this can classified as cyber bullying and needs to stop
    avatar
    Pete

    Posts : 3194
    Join date : 2010-12-22
    Age : 24
    Location : Santiago, Chile

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by Pete on 2011-08-24, 12:24

    There would be no more member or donator ranks, only staff and non-staff, and the staff will know who they are; none of us need a shiny internet viagra next to our name just to show off; the only rank we REALLY need is staff, and they can simply use the commands when needed... It'd be somewhat like Vanilla MC; ops and not-ops, but we would of course keep the plugins... It's a communist dream, I know, but... Since it's a game; I don't see why this can't be done.
    avatar
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

    Posts : 5936
    Join date : 2010-10-31
    Age : 23
    Location : England

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by Orcworm on 2011-08-24, 12:27

    Because no-one wants to donate unless they atleast get a shiny name.


    _________________

    avatar
    DoughnutSpanker
    Donator
    Donator

    Posts : 527
    Join date : 2011-01-31
    Age : 22
    Location : The United States of America

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by DoughnutSpanker on 2011-08-24, 12:27

    Pete wrote:communist dream

    Kinda agree with you.
    Without the Donator tag, there's no reason for people to donate 5 Pounds. (IK, you shouldn't donate for the privleges, but people do.)

    And honestly, I think it should be Tempbannable, but not permabannable. I mean, really, why take away privleges from the people who aren't being total jackasses?
    avatar
    onlinerocker

    Posts : 501
    Join date : 2011-07-22
    Location : Hoenn Region

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by onlinerocker on 2011-08-24, 12:31

    I kind of agree here, shiney names are awesome ^^
    avatar
    lolyounoob1

    Posts : 232
    Join date : 2011-02-27

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by lolyounoob1 on 2011-08-24, 12:34

    I like having my nice and shiny green tag (that doesn't say member) Razz

    I usually try to help guests, as long as they don't insult me.
    avatar
    Rardical
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

    Posts : 561
    Join date : 2011-07-24
    Age : 23
    Location : Canada

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by Rardical on 2011-08-24, 12:38

    luminousmouse wrote:maybe you did something they didn't like?

    I agree with Lum here. In the real world people just don't like someone for some reason. Mostly their personality. Maybe because they are douche bags or it could be as simple as said person just doesn't like the other.

    I, for example, am not fond of blockybalboa, Grintendo, and Yarwood (sorry, but I'm not). I have my reasons for this, which I will not share, but that doesn't mean I can disrespect them. All I need to do is walk away (in a sense). Which is what I think everyone should do if they have a problem with a guest.

    So, guests should not be disrespected no matter what they do or because they are just a guest.


    _________________
    Spoiler:






    Join date: 2011-07-23
    In-Game Staff
    Earned:
    Sat Oct 22, 2011
    avatar
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

    Posts : 2508
    Join date : 2011-01-13
    Age : 22
    Location : Washington DC, United States

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by patrickfreed on 2011-08-24, 12:51

    How about you take away the [Donator] tag and just leave the color? Just like in Alpha =D


    _________________
    Donator Pride!
    Council member of Ecco City
    Forum Staff-General Information Topic-Read this before Posting
    Steam:freedpatrick Skype:patrickfreed1
    Spoiler:
    2011-06-15 03:13 GoDjMike: I'm so lonely
    2011-06-15 03:13 GoDjMike: Patrick why have you betrayed me
    2011-06-15 03:13 GoDjMike: If you read this chat log, YOU'RE A LIAR
    2011-06-15 03:16 GoDjMike: Orcworm is down and Patrick still hates me...
    2011-06-15 03:17 GoDjMike: Well then
    2011-06-15 03:17 GoDjMike: I have myself
    2011-06-15 03:24 GoDjMike: Well, to all that aren't online, Patrick is a giant vagaina, yes, vagaina

    strpr0wng

    Posts : 471
    Join date : 2010-12-12
    Age : 21
    Location : Nottingham

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by strpr0wng on 2011-08-24, 13:32

    Yeah, when I saw my blue name, I was so proud sunny
    avatar
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

    Posts : 2508
    Join date : 2011-01-13
    Age : 22
    Location : Washington DC, United States

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by patrickfreed on 2011-08-24, 13:33

    strpr0wng wrote:Yeah, when I saw my blue name, I was so proud sunny
    I remember Razz
    You taught me how to use [bridge], lol


    _________________
    Donator Pride!
    Council member of Ecco City
    Forum Staff-General Information Topic-Read this before Posting
    Steam:freedpatrick Skype:patrickfreed1
    Spoiler:
    2011-06-15 03:13 GoDjMike: I'm so lonely
    2011-06-15 03:13 GoDjMike: Patrick why have you betrayed me
    2011-06-15 03:13 GoDjMike: If you read this chat log, YOU'RE A LIAR
    2011-06-15 03:16 GoDjMike: Orcworm is down and Patrick still hates me...
    2011-06-15 03:17 GoDjMike: Well then
    2011-06-15 03:17 GoDjMike: I have myself
    2011-06-15 03:24 GoDjMike: Well, to all that aren't online, Patrick is a giant vagaina, yes, vagaina
    avatar
    Krellyn

    Posts : 813
    Join date : 2011-04-07
    Age : 25

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by Krellyn on 2011-08-24, 14:02

    Fireboy5115 wrote:I notice that disrespect is a HUGE issue. Most new guests are ignored and treated badly. I don't know why...maybe you guys can shed some light on the subject. The other day I was even disrespected because I asked someone to kick Ciphon who was, and I quote, writing "=((" about 10 times every 30 seconds. Then someone said, and again I quote, "someone ban that fireboy kid". Now, Ciphon, I don't mean to be mean or anything but I found this hurtfully unfair. After this I got pretty mad and asked why people disrespected so much. Then, I was starting to get ignored again. I thought that people knew who I was and was just thinking that they weren't mean or ignoring individuals. Please, consider your choices when on the server. I really don't want trouble or mean to insult anyone but...I think that people really should think about how you would feel if this happened to you.

    You're a guest. Welcome to the server. Have fun and check your 6. Also, fuck off.

    That being the case, I voted every option in the poll since what I just said accounts for each. <3
    avatar
    Ciphon

    Posts : 1637
    Join date : 2011-03-06
    Age : 21
    Location : 156,68,1261

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by Ciphon on 2011-08-24, 14:04

    I can relate to this, when I first got my ciphon account, before orcworm transferred my donator rank, those who didn't know I was demon_cat had absolutely no respect for me, but then as soon as they learned who I was...

    So from that day on I realized, why would any other guest on the server be different from me (other than the fact that they dont know everything about the sever ofcourse)


    Last edited by Ciphon on 2011-08-25, 08:41; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    uberblake

    Posts : 378
    Join date : 2011-04-22
    Age : 24
    Location : Panau Island

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by uberblake on 2011-08-24, 17:04

    If I know the guest...I usually mess with them. I think that people who make fun of guests should either be muted for 24 hrs, or given guest perms for 24 hrs.
    Thanks for making this thread, it's making me rethink guests.
    avatar
    nuttnbuttrouble

    Posts : 144
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Age : 22
    Location : Utah,united state of america

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by nuttnbuttrouble on 2011-08-24, 17:14

    if the guest is disrespecting you then IMO, you should be able to bag on them. But if they are being nice then yeah help them out people, but i will take no crap from a guest so the respect should go both ways. And i like my tag please don't take it
    avatar
    aapl2

    Posts : 700
    Join date : 2011-01-10
    Age : 23
    Location : united states

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by aapl2 on 2011-08-24, 17:24

    Its time to use that [asshat] rank for people who pick on guests just because there new, now some players just ask for it either by acting like there 5 and spam the chat because there too lazy to read the signs around spawn deserve some of that so called disrespect. I don't think people think they are more respected if they donate I see it form people who think they've been on the server a month so they are a long time player and think it there turn to pick on the guest because it happened to them when they were a guest.
    avatar
    PureCraft

    Posts : 3781
    Join date : 2010-12-12
    Age : 23
    Location : Germany

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by PureCraft on 2011-08-24, 19:28

    >log on SpA for the first time
    >make a tunnel
    >get kicked without knowing what I've done wrong
    >mfw
    Thank god I've never seen that mod afterwards...
    avatar
    aapl2

    Posts : 700
    Join date : 2011-01-10
    Age : 23
    Location : united states

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by aapl2 on 2011-08-24, 21:40

    PureCraft wrote:>log on SpA for the first time
    >make a tunnel
    >get kicked without knowing what I've done wrong
    >mfw
    Thank god I've never seen that mod afterwards...

    insert derailed train picture here
    avatar
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

    Posts : 4066
    Join date : 2011-01-30
    Age : 29
    Location : Netherlands

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by FillerB on 2011-08-25, 01:21

    As for everyone who voted no: you all reek of FILTHY HUMAN LIES. Everyone has "disrespected" some guest at one time or another. This whole respect thing is bloody silly anyway. Respect is not something you automatically get, it is something you earn by behaving yourself. If YOU are nice and civil to me and others then I will do so in return.

    Then again we have a lot of asshats running around who think that because they got a special color and donated some money, they can do whatever the fuck they want. And you know what happens to them? They either leave the server because they can't make any friends (three guesses why) or they are unceremoniously kicked out because they go too far for too long.

    As you said yourself this thing is mostly rank-based. The obvious solution would be to throw out the ranks right? If everyone is equal then there is no way to discriminate... What a delightfully childish thought. Humans have been discriminating each other based on age, gender, sexual preferences, ethnicity, job, income-level, matter of speech, type of cloths, favourite condiments and more for as long as there has been humans walking this planet. Do you honestly think that taking just one silly thing away makes everyone get along? I think not.

    That is not to saying that the current setup of ranks is ideal. Far from it. Ideally you would have only two ingame-ranks. Staff and Player. Unfortunately this is from a pure administrative standpoint virtually impossible in a game like Minecraft. Where in games like TF2 you only have to kick/ban someone who thinks he's on Jerry Springer, in Minecraft you have to actively keep an eye on people. Think about how many players play on the server. Can you name every trustworthy person? Of course you can't. No single person could do that. Thus we have Guest/Member/Donator. Guests are people who are new to the server and of who we are not sure whether or not they could be trusted, Members are those who played enough to become a reduced risk and Donators are those who actually donated money and thus have to be complete idiots to throw that "investment away". Again a reduced risk group.

    Again this is by no means an ideal setup. The "Custom Title"-thing is downright confusing for newcomers and potentially exploitable by savvy donators. Not to mention just plain vain. The game is about building stuff, not about having the most pimp title. This issue, if you want to call it that, has already been raised by multiple Staff-members, but alas Orc keeps clinging on to the "otherwise nobody would donate"-reason" which is a complete non-issue, which a quick look at the current donation-counter can tell.

    If at all possible we could make the ranks invisible for every non-staff member. They are the only ones who actually have a use for the things. Would this reduce the blatant discrimination we get now? Yes. It wouldn't make it totally disappear, but it should cut down on the more rampant ones.
    avatar
    Baldymoint7

    Posts : 1162
    Join date : 2011-01-24
    Age : 20
    Location : CANADA!!!! RAWR!!!

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by Baldymoint7 on 2011-08-25, 01:48

    Did that^^^ come out of the Staff forums? Also I don't think I'm special because of my rank and what I can do, I'm just proud that Orcworm gifted it to me and I haven't been getting into it with guest very lately What I'm trying to say, "If you don't have anything nice or helpful to say STFU"

    Edit: About the Custom titles I would agree with Filler on that I've had multiple guests go; whats with the ranks? "Viet Cong" whats that? But, I would like to have City titles for people kept, as this helps them advertise.
    avatar
    skoglol

    Posts : 349
    Join date : 2011-02-23
    Age : 28

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by skoglol on 2011-08-25, 02:02

    Keep the "donator" tag, but remove the custom ones. From time to time it can be nice for a non staff member to know if a person is a donator and has the extra perks like /tp.
    avatar
    Krellyn

    Posts : 813
    Join date : 2011-04-07
    Age : 25

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by Krellyn on 2011-08-25, 08:32

    FillerB wrote:As for everyone who voted no: you all reek of FILTHY HUMAN LIES. Everyone has "disrespected" some guest at one time or another. This whole respect thing is bloody silly anyway. Respect is not something you automatically get, it is something you earn by behaving yourself. If YOU are nice and civil to me and others then I will do so in return.

    Then again we have a lot of asshats running around who think that because they got a special color and donated some money, they can do whatever the fuck they want. And you know what happens to them? They either leave the server because they can't make any friends (three guesses why) or they are unceremoniously kicked out because they go too far for too long.

    As you said yourself this thing is mostly rank-based. The obvious solution would be to throw out the ranks right? If everyone is equal then there is no way to discriminate... What a delightfully childish thought. Humans have been discriminating each other based on age, gender, sexual preferences, ethnicity, job, income-level, matter of speech, type of cloths, favourite condiments and more for as long as there has been humans walking this planet. Do you honestly think that taking just one silly thing away makes everyone get along? I think not.

    That is not to saying that the current setup of ranks is ideal. Far from it. Ideally you would have only two ingame-ranks. Staff and Player. Unfortunately this is from a pure administrative standpoint virtually impossible in a game like Minecraft. Where in games like TF2 you only have to kick/ban someone who thinks he's on Jerry Springer, in Minecraft you have to actively keep an eye on people. Think about how many players play on the server. Can you name every trustworthy person? Of course you can't. No single person could do that. Thus we have Guest/Member/Donator. Guests are people who are new to the server and of who we are not sure whether or not they could be trusted, Members are those who played enough to become a reduced risk and Donators are those who actually donated money and thus have to be complete idiots to throw that "investment away". Again a reduced risk group.

    Again this is by no means an ideal setup. The "Custom Title"-thing is downright confusing for newcomers and potentially exploitable by savvy donators. Not to mention just plain vain. The game is about building stuff, not about having the most pimp title. This issue, if you want to call it that, has already been raised by multiple Staff-members, but alas Orc keeps clinging on to the "otherwise nobody would donate"-reason" which is a complete non-issue, which a quick look at the current donation-counter can tell.

    If at all possible we could make the ranks invisible for every non-staff member. They are the only ones who actually have a use for the things. Would this reduce the blatant discrimination we get now? Yes. It wouldn't make it totally disappear, but it should cut down on the more rampant ones.

    You are my idol.
    avatar
    sieve

    Posts : 1371
    Join date : 2010-12-29
    Age : 23
    Location : Atlantis

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by sieve on 2011-08-25, 08:48

    I like to troll guests, but im never downright rude to them..

    Also I like how filler's argument can be applied against socialism as well as most governments
    avatar
    paradox74

    Posts : 592
    Join date : 2011-01-07
    Location : h3ll

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by paradox74 on 2011-08-25, 08:58

    this make make me sound like a dick, but i tend to just ignore the chat alot, so if a guest comes on i usually don't notice. the only times i do notice is when i notice that someone has asked the same question several times question appearing,then i will actually answer. i don't right away because usually someone else does first and i get ninja'ed. i personaly have never seen any one disrespecting a guest, however i do not have a problem with removing all the shiny tags and just going with [Guest], [Member], [Donator],
    [STAFF], and [Owner], like it was before.
    avatar
    sieve

    Posts : 1371
    Join date : 2010-12-29
    Age : 23
    Location : Atlantis

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by sieve on 2011-08-25, 09:00

    But how will people know I'm an abortion survivor? not that i ever play minecraft
    avatar
    Pete

    Posts : 3194
    Join date : 2010-12-22
    Age : 24
    Location : Santiago, Chile

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by Pete on 2011-08-25, 09:06

    Ok, first of all, the member rank is completely useless... So yeah. The donator tag is just an e-penis enlargement, if it was my all, it'd go poof, but then again, it's not my call... so, if we do NOT take away the whole tag, making it [donator] only, and NOT anything else would be better... Then again, what Filler said is a great idea, if only someone could code it... Very Happy
    avatar
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

    Posts : 2001
    Join date : 2011-01-29
    Age : 34
    Location : Fort Worth, Texas, USA

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by Rulyon on 2011-08-25, 10:22

    Baldymoint7 wrote:"Viet Cong" whats that?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viet_Cong

    Wiki Article wrote:The Vietcong (Vietnamese: Việt cộng), or National Liberation Front (NLF), was a political organization and army in South Vietnam and Cambodia that fought the United States and South Vietnamese governments during the Vietnam War (1959–1975). It had both guerrilla and regular army units, as well as a network of cadres who organized peasants in the territory it controlled. Many soldiers were recruited in South Vietnam, but others were attached to the People's Army of Vietnam (PAVN), the regular North Vietnamese army. During the war, communists and anti-war spokesmen insisted the Vietcong was an insurgency indigenous to the South, while the U.S. and South Vietnamese governments portrayed the group as a tool of Hanoi.

    ...

    Many Vietcong units operated at night, and employed terror as a standard tactic. Rice procured at gunpoint sustained the Vietcong. Squads were assigned monthly assassination quotas. Government employees, especially village and district heads, were the most common targets. But there were a wide variety of targets, including clinics and medical personnel. Notable Vietcong atrocities include 48 killed in the bombing of My Canh floating restaurant in Saigon in June 1965 and a massacre of 252 Montagnards in the village of Đắk Sơn in December 1967 using flamethrowers.

    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

    Posts : 2379
    Join date : 2010-12-30

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by Yarwood on 2011-08-25, 10:27

    The biggest reason Guests are "mistreated" is because a good percentage of them just grief and leave.

    You'll find that once they've become a Member, they are treated better.

    Obviously the whole stereotype of "Guests must be griefers" is wrong, but we can't stop the "Members/Donators" being immature or idiots (considering most of them are under 16 too), the best thing to do is ignore them and carry on playing and following the rules.

    We can however deal with staff who might be "mistreating" guests, if so, make a complaint on the forums in the "Complaints" category, or PM Orcworm.


    /thread ended
    avatar
    Rardical
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

    Posts : 561
    Join date : 2011-07-24
    Age : 23
    Location : Canada

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by Rardical on 2011-08-25, 10:29

    Yarwood wrote:The biggest reason Guests are "mistreated" is because a good percentage of them just grief and leave.

    You'll find that once they've become a Member, they are treated better.

    Obviously the whole stereotype of "Guests must be griefers" is wrong, but we can't stop the "Members/Donators" being immature or idiots (considering most of them are under 16 too), the best thing to do is ignore them and carry on playing and following the rules.

    We can however deal with staff who might be "mistreating" guests, if so, make a complaint on the forums in the "Complaints" category, or PM Orcworm.


    /thread ended

    I'm 16. Just thought I would point that out.


    _________________
    Spoiler:






    Join date: 2011-07-23
    In-Game Staff
    Earned:
    Sat Oct 22, 2011

    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

    Posts : 2379
    Join date : 2010-12-30

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by Yarwood on 2011-08-25, 10:32

    Rardical wrote:
    Yarwood wrote:The biggest reason Guests are "mistreated" is because a good percentage of them just grief and leave.

    You'll find that once they've become a Member, they are treated better.

    Obviously the whole stereotype of "Guests must be griefers" is wrong, but we can't stop the "Members/Donators" being immature or idiots (considering most of them are under 16 too), the best thing to do is ignore them and carry on playing and following the rules.

    We can however deal with staff who might be "mistreating" guests, if so, make a complaint on the forums in the "Complaints" category, or PM Orcworm.


    /thread ended

    I'm 16. Just thought I would point that out.

    For this post alone, you are one of the "idiots".
    avatar
    Rardical
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

    Posts : 561
    Join date : 2011-07-24
    Age : 23
    Location : Canada

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by Rardical on 2011-08-25, 10:48

    Yarwood wrote:
    Rardical wrote:
    Yarwood wrote:The biggest reason Guests are "mistreated" is because a good percentage of them just grief and leave.

    You'll find that once they've become a Member, they are treated better.

    Obviously the whole stereotype of "Guests must be griefers" is wrong, but we can't stop the "Members/Donators" being immature or idiots (considering most of them are under 16 too), the best thing to do is ignore them and carry on playing and following the rules.

    We can however deal with staff who might be "mistreating" guests, if so, make a complaint on the forums in the "Complaints" category, or PM Orcworm.


    /thread ended

    I'm 16. Just thought I would point that out.

    For this post alone, you are one of the "idiots".

    Why do you say that?


    _________________
    Spoiler:






    Join date: 2011-07-23
    In-Game Staff
    Earned:
    Sat Oct 22, 2011
    avatar
    Monstaboi

    Posts : 1432
    Join date : 2011-02-02

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by Monstaboi on 2011-08-25, 10:56

    also did ya ever think, i dunno, mabye your doing something to warrant a rude-ish response? keep that in consideration.
    avatar
    Deathsplat

    Posts : 82
    Join date : 2011-07-18

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by Deathsplat on 2011-08-25, 12:14

    I really pissed Pete off one time. :3
    avatar
    Pete

    Posts : 3194
    Join date : 2010-12-22
    Age : 24
    Location : Santiago, Chile

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by Pete on 2011-08-25, 12:18

    You did?
    avatar
    The_Music_Man

    Posts : 739
    Join date : 2011-08-06
    Location : Everywhere.

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by The_Music_Man on 2011-08-25, 12:41

    I myself do treat Guests with WAY less respect than anyone else, because of the sheer number of them that either
    A. Do something to piss me off.
    B. Are a douche/just plain dumb.
    C. Bend the system. (i.e. breking the rules, but not enough to validate a kick/ban)
    D. Have a porn skin/ curse a lot/ other idioctic acts.
    And maybe the solution to the Tag problem is to say in the spawntower
    Spoiler:

    The ranks are:
    [Guest]
    [Member]
    [Donator]
    [Staff]
    [Owner]
    All other ranks are a Donator with a custom tag.
    Or something to that effect; cause' I ain't losin maw tag.
    avatar
    onlinerocker

    Posts : 501
    Join date : 2011-07-22
    Location : Hoenn Region

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by onlinerocker on 2011-08-25, 12:44

    The thing I hate is when guests log onto the server just to say, and I quote, "This server sucks"
    avatar
    The_Music_Man

    Posts : 739
    Join date : 2011-08-06
    Location : Everywhere.

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by The_Music_Man on 2011-08-25, 12:59

    The problem is that people need to grow up.
    Guests AND other people; basically, treat us like a douchbag, we do the same to you, I hate the ones that come and whine here.
    avatar
    Rardical
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

    Posts : 561
    Join date : 2011-07-24
    Age : 23
    Location : Canada

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by Rardical on 2011-08-25, 13:06

    The_Music_Man wrote:The problem is that people need to grow up.
    Guests AND other people; basically, treat us like a douchbag, we do the same to you, I hate the ones that come and whine here.

    Another way to say it, treat others how you want to be treated.


    _________________
    Spoiler:






    Join date: 2011-07-23
    In-Game Staff
    Earned:
    Sat Oct 22, 2011
    avatar
    The_Music_Man

    Posts : 739
    Join date : 2011-08-06
    Location : Everywhere.

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by The_Music_Man on 2011-08-25, 13:12

    Yes.
    Follow the 'Golden Rule', if you will.
    avatar
    onlinerocker

    Posts : 501
    Join date : 2011-07-22
    Location : Hoenn Region

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by onlinerocker on 2011-08-25, 13:14

    Well said

    Sponsored content

    Re: Guests and Treatment

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is 2018-07-18, 17:15