Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk


    1.5-1.8 map memories

    Share
    avatar
    Ciphon

    Posts : 1637
    Join date : 2011-03-06
    Age : 21
    Location : 156,68,1261

    1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by Ciphon on 2011-11-01, 05:54

    As most of you know, the orcworm map is changing soon so I think now would be an ideal time to compile all the good memories from the current map. I am currently not at home, but once I am, I will edit this post with screenshots.
    avatar
    mike71414

    Posts : 121
    Join date : 2011-01-30
    Age : 21
    Location : U.S.A

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by mike71414 on 2011-11-01, 06:45

    I still miss the map before this one... I had such a lovely town there.
    avatar
    onlinerocker

    Posts : 501
    Join date : 2011-07-22
    Location : Hoenn Region

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by onlinerocker on 2011-11-01, 07:01

    <-Misses the freebuild server, RIP Sky City Sad
    avatar
    PureCraft

    Posts : 3781
    Join date : 2010-12-12
    Age : 24
    Location : Germany

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by PureCraft on 2011-11-01, 07:03

    Haha, we had to rollback the whole old skycity and surroundings because we corrupted the chunk with that flymod...
    avatar
    onlinerocker

    Posts : 501
    Join date : 2011-07-22
    Location : Hoenn Region

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by onlinerocker on 2011-11-01, 07:06

    PureCraft wrote:Haha, we had to rollback the whole old skycity and surroundings because we corrupted the chunk with that flymod...
    Lol still remember that day, After that I went off and made Sky City 2.0 xD.
    avatar
    Baldymoint7

    Posts : 1162
    Join date : 2011-01-24
    Age : 20
    Location : CANADA!!!! RAWR!!!

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by Baldymoint7 on 2011-11-01, 07:10

    I don't really have any moments form 1.5+ but I still miss 1.3 Sad. Love this server foreva.
    avatar
    onlinerocker

    Posts : 501
    Join date : 2011-07-22
    Location : Hoenn Region

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by onlinerocker on 2011-11-01, 07:11

    Wonder how many people actually survived up through alpha.
    avatar
    Monstaboi

    Posts : 1432
    Join date : 2011-02-02

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by Monstaboi on 2011-11-01, 07:57

    i lost most of my screenshots sadly, my laptops hard drive died.
    avatar
    onlinerocker

    Posts : 501
    Join date : 2011-07-22
    Location : Hoenn Region

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by onlinerocker on 2011-11-01, 08:02

    As did I Monsta, if anyone has screens of Sky City I'll happily take them. Just PM me.
    avatar
    DoughnutSpanker
    Donator
    Donator

    Posts : 527
    Join date : 2011-01-31
    Age : 22
    Location : The United States of America

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by DoughnutSpanker on 2011-11-01, 08:05

    WELL

    My fondest memories on this map would have to be the 8 Bit Legion. Mmm, toasty, warm memories
    avatar
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

    Posts : 2226
    Join date : 2010-12-27
    Location : California

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by Jarvisd on 2011-11-01, 10:07

    Only have screen shots from feb on, I joined right before the beta update since asac told me about the server and I wanted to get legit minecraft before it would cost 20 dollars. I just enjoy seeing people in my pictures as guests/members and now as staff.


    _________________
    avatar
    Krellyn

    Posts : 813
    Join date : 2011-04-07
    Age : 25

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by Krellyn on 2011-11-01, 11:24

    8/16-bit </3
    avatar
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

    Posts : 2226
    Join date : 2010-12-27
    Location : California

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by Jarvisd on 2011-11-01, 11:36

    When d1sel said fuck the police to me since I had a police skin, that was good.


    _________________
    avatar
    onlinerocker

    Posts : 501
    Join date : 2011-07-22
    Location : Hoenn Region

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by onlinerocker on 2011-11-01, 11:37

    Jarvisd wrote:When d1sel said fuck the police to me since I had a police skin, that was good.
    Lol, saw that in one of Arbr's videos.
    avatar
    lolyounoob1

    Posts : 232
    Join date : 2011-02-27

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by lolyounoob1 on 2011-11-01, 12:08

    mike71414 wrote:I still miss the map before this one... I had such a lovely town there.

    Yea this map didn't mean as much to me..I mean look at my home base its a shitty house with a mine stuffed with goods, and surrounded by walls to keep newbs out. The old map I had a real home. I Have plans for the next map...plans.
    avatar
    Giygas

    Posts : 709
    Join date : 2011-02-18
    Age : 27
    Location : Acheron

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by Giygas on 2011-11-01, 12:13



    These are my memories of the map 1.5-1.8. I'm going to miss it.
    avatar
    mike71414

    Posts : 121
    Join date : 2011-01-30
    Age : 21
    Location : U.S.A

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by mike71414 on 2011-11-01, 12:16

    I haven't even finished my house on this map... On the old map I had an awesome mossycobble pyramid covered in lava in a town of my friends. And I was in the top five richest players. Good times.
    avatar
    lolyounoob1

    Posts : 232
    Join date : 2011-02-27

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by lolyounoob1 on 2011-11-01, 12:20

    I'm richer on this server :p Damn GaMerG77's having more money than me. The old map I built my own area with artificial tree bridge to block views, a jail, canal...Memories on this map...building my statue and zoned area to spite some noobz.
    avatar
    Monstaboi

    Posts : 1432
    Join date : 2011-02-02

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by Monstaboi on 2011-11-01, 13:01

    lolyounoob1 wrote:
    mike71414 wrote:I still miss the map before this one... I had such a lovely town there.

    Yea this map didn't mean as much to me..I mean look at my home base its a shitty house with a mine stuffed with goods, and surrounded by walls to keep newbs out. The old map I had a real home. I Have plans for the next map...plans.
    EDIT
    also,
    avatar
    sieve

    Posts : 1371
    Join date : 2010-12-29
    Age : 23
    Location : Atlantis

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by sieve on 2011-11-01, 13:27

    I miss my obsidian mansion on worldy, luckily I imported it into my singleplayer
    avatar
    Ciphon

    Posts : 1637
    Join date : 2011-03-06
    Age : 21
    Location : 156,68,1261

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by Ciphon on 2011-11-02, 14:09

    mike71414 wrote:I haven't even finished my house on this map... On the old map I had an awesome mossycobble pyramid covered in lava in a town of my friends. And I was in the top five richest players. Good times.

    Hey pal, it dun been a long time

    Y U NO MAKE APPEARANCE?

    But yea I just remember that on Worldy, back when we got 1 Gil a minute I got 30k within my first week of playing as a guest, and everyone was freaking out Razz. Then I found a giant patch of nice flat cuboid land which Gamem said no logs were on so I claimed the thing, and it was like 80x120 big. Worldy was so nice.
    avatar
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

    Posts : 457
    Join date : 2011-03-13
    Age : 22
    Location : Ontario Canada

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by Ryoman on 2011-11-02, 14:25

    Monstaboi wrote:i lost most of my screenshots sadly, my laptops hard drive died.
    Ahh yes I remember my old noob house in Monstacity. A little shop that sold food. It was before the automatic sign shops so I had to be there to sell. and the nooby party room I build on the second floor, then a sugarcane farm on top Razz I also remeber Jarvisd coming into my house saying he needed to check the top floor for drugs then he found it and I yelled " Fuck the Police!" and ran! The memories Razz. I remember you could buy a full set of diamond armor for around 200 gil in gamemasters city back when you recieved 1 gil per minute. that was my first day on the server. Good times.....
    avatar
    luminousmouse

    Posts : 164
    Join date : 2011-08-03
    Age : 23
    Location : Arkansas, United States

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by luminousmouse on 2011-11-02, 14:42

    lolyounoob1 wrote:I Have plans for the next map...plans.
    As do I, lolyounoob, as...do....I.
    avatar
    Metalsmith

    Posts : 108
    Join date : 2011-03-20

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by Metalsmith on 2011-11-02, 15:12

    I miss having mobs drop items.

    It would be fun for the main server to have mcc on it though. If only for the repairs and mining multiple ores at once thing.
    avatar
    NeoCopyman

    Posts : 114
    Join date : 2010-12-30
    Age : 23
    Location : Texas

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by NeoCopyman on 2011-11-03, 01:45

    I remember I found out about Minecraft two weeks before the Beta was released, bought it that Thursday and Friday for SquallHero. The things I remember the best was when Purecraft nerfed my first build of a pyramid tower with lava coming down. Good times.

    maroon_potatoe

    Posts : 227
    Join date : 2011-02-04
    Age : 23

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by maroon_potatoe on 2011-11-03, 01:49

    i remember when half the people who posted on this thread either were not here or were members or in Jarvisd case had became a mod, i had joined a about a week or two before then so it was late december or early january i believe. i cant believe how much this server has grown since then
    avatar
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

    Posts : 5936
    Join date : 2010-10-31
    Age : 23
    Location : England

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by Orcworm on 2011-11-03, 03:27

    Metalsmith wrote:I miss having mobs drop items.

    It would be fun for the main server to have mcc on it though. If only for the repairs and mining multiple ores at once thing.

    What is MCC?

    And I might just re-introduce those drops, the limitation with the plugin at the time of the second map was that it only allowed a min. drop rate of 1%... obviously not low enough when people have mob farms and whatever.


    _________________

    avatar
    Metalsmith

    Posts : 108
    Join date : 2011-03-20

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by Metalsmith on 2011-11-03, 06:23

    The MMO minecraft mod on the chaos server. Dont really like the pvp stuff, but the fall damage reduction and getting multiple items from tasks is nice.
    avatar
    mike71414

    Posts : 121
    Join date : 2011-01-30
    Age : 21
    Location : U.S.A

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by mike71414 on 2011-11-03, 06:45

    Ryoman wrote:
    Monstaboi wrote:i lost most of my screenshots sadly, my laptops hard drive died.
    Ahh yes I remember my old noob house in Monstacity. A little shop that sold food. It was before the automatic sign shops so I had to be there to sell. and the nooby party room I build on the second floor, then a sugarcane farm on top Razz I also remeber Jarvisd coming into my house saying he needed to check the top floor for drugs then he found it and I yelled " Fuck the Police!" and ran! The memories Razz. I remember you could buy a full set of diamond armor for around 200 gil in gamemasters city back when you recieved 1 gil per minute. that was my first day on the server. Good times.....
    I remember coming with Jarvisd then! We all had police skins too.
    avatar
    Monstaboi

    Posts : 1432
    Join date : 2011-02-02

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by Monstaboi on 2011-11-03, 07:13

    mike71414 wrote:
    Ryoman wrote:
    Monstaboi wrote:i lost most of my screenshots sadly, my laptops hard drive died.
    Ahh yes I remember my old noob house in Monstacity. A little shop that sold food. It was before the automatic sign shops so I had to be there to sell. and the nooby party room I build on the second floor, then a sugarcane farm on top Razz I also remeber Jarvisd coming into my house saying he needed to check the top floor for drugs then he found it and I yelled " Fuck the Police!" and ran! The memories Razz. I remember you could buy a full set of diamond armor for around 200 gil in gamemasters city back when you recieved 1 gil per minute. that was my first day on the server. Good times.....
    I remember coming with Jarvisd then! We all had police skins too.
    i remember that city, poured my blood sweat and tears into mining out every goddamn block of that city, and coughing up the 20k+ (?) to get it zoned, all as a member. good times, good times.
    avatar
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

    Posts : 5936
    Join date : 2010-10-31
    Age : 23
    Location : England

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by Orcworm on 2011-11-03, 07:21

    Metalsmith wrote:The MMO minecraft mod on the chaos server. Dont really like the pvp stuff, but the fall damage reduction and getting multiple items from tasks is nice.

    MCMMO then... Razz


    _________________

    avatar
    Fireboy5115

    Posts : 63
    Join date : 2011-05-10

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by Fireboy5115 on 2011-11-11, 15:37

    I have a lot of photos that I have recently taken:


    Ciphon's Demon Castle

    The top of the Spawn Area

    A photo of one side of the Spawn. I will miss these shops!

    The inside of Ciphon's Demon Castle

    My room/house...in the basement of Ciphon's House...and he doesn't even live there anymore (sad...)

    An epic night shot of the Orcworm Spawn
    avatar
    Chazdude42

    Posts : 288
    Join date : 2011-06-06
    Age : 25
    Location : Over there ->

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by Chazdude42 on 2011-11-12, 00:13

    I'll take some screenies of my fav parts tonight.

    Also, will be downloading a copy of the map that Orc has so nicely provided us with Very Happy

    also:

    I can see my shop from here:

    The one with the wooden/leaf roof Very Happy
    avatar
    onlinerocker

    Posts : 501
    Join date : 2011-07-22
    Location : Hoenn Region

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by onlinerocker on 2011-11-12, 02:34

    Chazdude42 wrote:I'll take some screenies of my fav parts tonight.

    Also, will be downloading a copy of the map that Orc has so nicely provided us with Very Happy

    also:

    I can see my shop from here:

    The one with the wooden/leaf roof Very Happy
    Oooh I can see mine too.

    canuck268

    Posts : 60
    Join date : 2011-01-11

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by canuck268 on 2011-11-17, 13:53

    remember the 8-bit mob... good old times hahahaha
    avatar
    GoDjMike

    Posts : 1005
    Join date : 2011-01-11
    Age : 24
    Location : Kansas City, Missouri, US

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by GoDjMike on 2011-11-17, 14:18

    Canuck, I felt sorry for you when the dispute happened, that night, because I felt you had to be pulled to Vespasian's side since you know each other, but now I find it quite the opposite. How funny Razz


    _________________
    Steam: DC_Darkstorm or GoDjMike
    Skype: GoDjMike

    [ORC] ProjectG: Philanthropic sounds like Philanthropy and a black hole is either a racist joke or a space hole

    Spoiler:


    Sponsored content

    Re: 1.5-1.8 map memories

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is 2018-10-20, 00:15