Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+7
mc_userhelp
sieve
Giygas
SergentPineapple
thebadhatter
GoDjMike
Max_Russell
11 posters

Work Share . Steam

Max_Russell
    Max_Russell

Work Share . Steam Empty Work Share . Steam

Post by Max_Russell 2011-11-02, 05:08

Please share and mark peoples work (like Essays) here. Mark with an A B or C or an F
    Max : )
    GoDjMike
    GoDjMike

Work Share . Steam Empty Re: Work Share . Steam

Post by GoDjMike 2011-11-02, 05:08

Examples? :3
    Max_Russell
    Max_Russell

Post by Max_Russell 2011-11-02, 05:09

MY ESSAY

The Tripods
    The White Mountains

John Christopher was born on April 16, 1922 and he was born in Knowsley, Lancashire, England. He has written many books for children and adults including The Death of Grass and The Sword Trilogy. He served in World War 2 in the Royal Signal Core between 1941 and 1946. His first major success as a writer was with his science fiction novel The Death of Grass. In 1966 he started writing books for children which included the Tripods Trilogy.

The story begins in the small village that Will Parker a young boy lives in. In the story the Tripods huge three legged machines have taken over earth and every one in it .At the age of 14 a tripod comes to the person and ‘caps’ them by placing a strange metal plate on their head. The caps prevent you from thinking bad thoughts about the tripods or trying to fight against them. Will Parker is having doubts about being capped. He meets a vagrant (someone whose cap has addled their mind) and he tells the boy to meet him in a den near the ruins of an old building. When Will gets their the vagrant reveals that in fact he is not a vagrant but a man of free will. The vagrant tells him to travel to the White Mountains where he can live without fear of the tripods. Will takes the map to the White Mountains and starts to prepare in secret for the journey. One night he heads of and gets as far as the edge of the village when another uncapped boy Henry asks to go with him what follows is the story of the boys trying to get the White Mountains but facing all sorts of unprecedented dangers but in the end they get destination. The most exciting part in the story is when they leave the Castle of Red Tower and get followed by a tripod. They hide and run but still the tripod finds them so they all sit together to decide what to do. Beanpole spots something silver in Will’s side he realizes that Will has some kind of tracker implanted in him. In the end Beanpole has to cut it out with a knife. The turning point in the story is when Will throws a grenade inside the tripod and kills it. It is the turning part in the story because they realize they can kill the tripods.

Will Parker is the main character in the book. He has two friends Henry and beanpole. He meets them at separate parts of the story he meets Henry when he is leaving the village to go to the White Mountains and meets beanpole when they were in what used to be France. Will is a scrawny young boy but is very strong willed in his desire to get to the White Mountains. He changes in the book from a boy into a man. As he travels you can see him getting physically and mentally stronger. During the book he fights with Henry a lot. Beanpole usually taking Henrys side though Beanpole doesn’t really see it that way. The most memorable thing he does is wonder whether to stay at the castle or go with Beanpole and Henry. it is memorable because it causes a lot of dilemma because will does not want to betray his friends but he also wanted to stay at the castle so he could live a cushy life in the Castle of Red Tower though eventually he decides to go after them because Eloise his friend at the castle is taken to serve the tripods in their city. Henry is another main character in the story. He is quite stroppy and has fights with Will though they are good friends really. He is tall and strong and even carried Henry when he sprained his ankle. Henry becomes friendlier with Beanpole through out the story much to Wills distaste because he feels Beanpole and Henry are ganging up on him. Beanpole is the rock of the story even though he comes into the story later he holds the trio together and gets them out of many difficult situations.

The story is mostly set in the country though at one point the do pass through a large ‘city of the ancients’ as they call it. The story is set in 2100 even though it is in the future it seems that technology has almost gone backwards in time. Why So instead of having cars they have horses and carts. Though some places do have ruined buildings with signs to show such things like in Will’s village there is a sign saying ‘DANGER 6000 VOLTS’ The setting adds to the story because I think the reason the people don’t fight the tripods is because they can connect or join up in large groups because they have no way of communicating between large distances as they are all spread out over a large distance it gives the effect of all the uncapped boys being alone in their fight against the tripods.

The theme of this freedom as the book revolves around Will trying to get to the White Mountains. The scene where this idea begins is when he is talking to vagrant Ozymandis and he reveals that capping takes your free will and Will starts to run from the tripods. Also another theme is rebellion where they have to fight against their oppressors the tripods.
    thebadhatter
    thebadhatter

Post by thebadhatter 2011-11-02, 05:18

MY ESSAY

The Fatalist Kangaroo

Howard was born on April 2nd 1900. He lived for forty years in the state of Ohio, collecting and selling flowers to local cowboys before getting married to a milkmaid. He had three children and a mid-life crisis. He committed suicide in the outhouse of an abandoned ranch in 1965, leaving a suicide note that read "I wore the customary clothes of my time - like Jesus did."

The End
    SergentPineapple
    SergentPineapple

Post by SergentPineapple 2011-11-02, 06:24

thebadhatter wrote:MY ESSAY

The Fatalist Kangaroo

Howard was born on April 2nd 1900. He lived for forty years in the state of Ohio, collecting and selling flowers to local cowboys before getting married to a milkmaid. He had three children and a mid-life crisis. He committed suicide in the outhouse of an abandoned ranch in 1965, leaving a suicide note that read "I wore the customary clothes of my time - like Jesus did."

The End
    born 1900 lived 40 years died 1965 ...problem i see
    thebadhatter
    thebadhatter

Post by thebadhatter 2011-11-02, 06:33

He lived for 40 years before getting married

SO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO MARRY YOUR OWN FUCKING MILKMAID FOR FUCK'S SAKE

FFRRRURUUUUUUUUUGGGGAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL!!!!!
    Giygas
    Giygas

Post by Giygas 2011-11-02, 06:41

Max_Russell wrote:MY ESSAY

*snip*

Work Share . Steam 4975ab10
    sieve
    sieve

Post by sieve 2011-11-02, 06:47

there was once a guy named gordon freeman. he hit people with a crowbar the end
    Giygas
    Giygas

Post by Giygas 2011-11-02, 06:47

sieve wrote:there was once a guy named gordon freeman. he hit people with a crowbar the end

A+
    Max_Russell
    Max_Russell

Post by Max_Russell 2011-11-04, 06:43

yes well done sieve good use of punctuation TMI
    mc_userhelp
    mc_userhelp
    Donator
    Donator

Post by mc_userhelp 2011-11-23, 04:16

Pour le petit déjeuner, je prends des céréals et comme boisson, je prends du lait.
    Ma mère prend un yaourt avec des fruits, mon père prend des tartines, mon frère prend du nutella et du pain et ma sœur prend un croissant avec de la confiture.
    J’adore manger du chocolat et de yaourt mais je déteste manger des petit pois et j’aime boir du jus de pomme. Je n’aime pas boire du jus d’orange. Je mange sainemant parce que je mange beaucoup de poissons et beaucoup de fruits.

Last edited by mc_userhelp on 2011-11-23, 05:14; edited 1 time in total
    The_Music_Man
    The_Music_Man

Post by The_Music_Man 2011-11-23, 04:21

For sale:
    Baby shoes.
    Never worn.
    strpr0wng

Post by strpr0wng 2011-11-23, 04:46

mc_userhelp wrote:Pour le petit déjeuner, je prends des céréals et comme boisson, je prends du lait.
    Ma mère prend un yaourt avec des fruits, mon père prend des tartines, mon frère prend du nutella et du pain et ma sœur prend un croissant avec de la confiture.
    J’adore manger du chocolat et de yaourt mais je déteste manger des petit pois et j’aime boir du jus de pomme. Je n’aime pas boire du jus d’orange. Je mange sainemant parce que je mange beaucoup de poisons et beaucoup de fruits.

For breakfast, i had cereal and a drink of some kind. my mother had yoghurt and fruit, my father had tartines(idk what that is in english) my brother had nutella on bread and my sister had croissants with confiture(idk what that is) i love eating chocolate and yoghurt, i hate eating small something and i like drinking some kind of drink, i dont like orange juice. I eat sainemant(idk what that is) because i eat posion and fruit.

My try at translating =D
    uberblake
    uberblake

Post by uberblake 2011-11-23, 04:51

This isn't original, but a truly amazing story.

SergentPineapple
    SergentPineapple

Post by SergentPineapple 2011-11-23, 05:12

strpr0wng wrote:
    mc_userhelp wrote:Pour le petit déjeuner, je prends des céréals et comme boisson, je prends du lait.
    J’adore manger du chocolat et de yaourt mais je déteste manger des petit pois et j’aime boir du jus de pomme. Je n’aime pas boire du jus d’orange. Je mange sainemant parce que je mange beaucoup de poisons et beaucoup de fruits.

For breakfast, i had cereal and a drink of some kind(lait is milk) . my mother had yoghurt and fruit, my father had tartines(I cant remember) my brother had nutella on bread and my sister had croissants with confiture(Its like jam) i love eating chocolate and yoghurt, i hate eating small something (peas not small something) and i like drinking some kind of drink (apple juice), i dont like orange juice. I eat sainemant(idk what that is either) because i eat posion(FISH!!!!(except he spelt it wrong)) and fruit.

My try at translating =D
    ...lets try again.....(I EDITED IT FOR YOU SINCE YOU DUN DO FRENCH WELL)
    mc_userhelp
    mc_userhelp
    Donator
    Donator

Post by mc_userhelp 2011-11-23, 05:18

this is why you shouldnt use google translate:
    For breakfast, I take cereals and as a drink, I take milk.
    My mother is a yogurt with fruit, toast my father took my brother takes nutella and bread and my sister is a croissant with jam.
    I love eating chocolate and yogurt but I hate eating peas and I drink apple juice. I do not drink orange juice. Sainemant I eat because I eat lots of fish and lots of fruit.
    Monstaboi
    Monstaboi

Post by Monstaboi 2011-11-23, 05:28

Es gibt ein Affe. Der affe hat zwei elephanten. Der elephanten ist glucklich. Wo ist vier hundert daushund?
    Epic story, right?
    strpr0wng

Post by strpr0wng 2011-11-23, 05:29

yeah when i was trying to translate i didnt realise he meant fish... i know poisson is fish but he spelt it wrong =[[[
    SergentPineapple
    SergentPineapple

Post by SergentPineapple 2011-11-23, 05:36

Chapter I
    There once was a fished named Bill. Bill was captured by fisherman, and sold at a fish market. Bill was eaten by a small boy named Bob. Bob ate Bill for dinner and was later caught by a cannibal named Ben. Ben couldn't stand to see Bob cry. So he ate Bob to stop him crying. Ben later fell into the sea and was eaten by Bill's dad.

Chapter II
    Bill's dad: Ned was captured by fisherman, and sold at a fish market. Ned was eaten by a small boy named Nemo. Nemo ate Ned for dinner and was later caught by a cannibal named Ninja. Ninja couldn't stand to see Nemo cry. So he ate Nemo to stop him crying. Ninja later fell into the sea and was eaten by Ned's dad.

Chapter III
    Ned's dad: Alex was captured by fisherman, and sold at a fish market. Alex was eaten by a small boy named Andrew. Andrew ate Alex for dinner and was later caught by a cannibal named Ali. Ali couldn't stand to see Andrew cry. So he ate Andrew to stop him crying. Ali later fell into the sea and was eaten by Alex's dad.

You get the point.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-03-29, 09:34