Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+4
Yarwood
darkxephos
sieve
DoughnutSpanker
8 posters

Is this a good deal?

DoughnutSpanker
    DoughnutSpanker
    Donator
    Donator

Is this a good deal? Empty Is this a good deal?

Post by DoughnutSpanker 2011-11-02, 10:03

Someone near me has a car for sale, and its a 1985 Pontiac Fiero. Without pics, I can say its a 5 speed, green, 2.5L 4Cyl with new plugs, wires, and they're only asking $3,250 USD..

Good deal?

Oh, and it only has 42K miles. >_>
    sieve
    sieve

Is this a good deal? Empty Re: Is this a good deal?

Post by sieve 2011-11-02, 10:21

That's pretty damn old, I think you may be able to haggle them down a bit. What kind of transmission does it have and do you know if the radio / AC works?
    darkxephos
    darkxephos

Location : A secret location off the south side of the Erskine bridge

Post by darkxephos 2011-11-02, 10:42

BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT ... That is one of the coolest looking cars I have ever had the pleasure to rest my eyes upon ... I'd say it's a decent deal but a hagle couldn't hurt ... Also, depending on how cheap you can get it it, it doesn't matter if everything works, if one or two small things like the radio doesn't wor you can just get a new one ... Did I mention you should buy it ...

P.S

Repaint it black/silver and it will be the most beasting car ever ... Exept for a Delorean ...
    sieve
    sieve

Post by sieve 2011-11-02, 10:45

The above response is why you should never ask us for any sort of advice
    darkxephos
    darkxephos

Post by darkxephos 2011-11-02, 10:49

No, I'm being serious, I love older cars, something I want to do before I die is to rebuild a Delorean ... In my eyes they are the best looking cars ever built ... And the car you're looking at is pretty decent. I suggest that you buy it and take care of it, because in a good few years that thing will be worth a load to people like me. Trust me, people will go for cars like that later on in life, and if you can keep her safe and well looked after you could make quite a bit. Or you could do what I would do, buy it, do it up all nice like, get it in great condition, and admire it in all it's beauty ... But it is just personal view/opinion here.
    sieve
    sieve

Post by sieve 2011-11-02, 10:53

First rule of buying a car or furniture is never accept the first price
    darkxephos
    darkxephos

Post by darkxephos 2011-11-02, 10:55

sieve wrote:First rule of buying a car or furniture is never accept the first price

darkxephos wrote:I'd say it's a decent deal but a hagle couldn't hurt ...

sieve wrote:haggle them down a bit
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-11-02, 11:03

Sieve, you make the classic mistake of thinking Darkxephos DOESN'T know everything.
    darkxephos
    darkxephos

Post by darkxephos 2011-11-02, 11:05

I don't know everything, but there is this magical thing out there Yar ... It's called the internet, and in the internet there is something that knows everything ... It's called google.
    sieve
    sieve

Post by sieve 2011-11-02, 11:05

of course, my mistake
    DoughnutSpanker
    DoughnutSpanker
    Donator
    Donator

Post by DoughnutSpanker 2011-11-02, 11:07

Manual. 5 speed. Radio had a new faceplate so I assume it works, but we all know what assuming does. I bet I wouldn't take the first price.
    sieve
    sieve

Post by sieve 2011-11-02, 11:10

If it's manual, you can definitely haggle it down, I suppose it's all personal preference, but I hate driving stick, although I know plenty of people who like it. If you can get used to it, you'll save gas (and therefore money), but if you're like me, it will not be fun times
    Mudkip0930
    Mudkip0930

Post by Mudkip0930 2011-11-02, 12:07

darkxephos wrote:... Exept for a Delorean ...

Agreed
    DoughnutSpanker
    DoughnutSpanker
    Donator
    Donator

Post by DoughnutSpanker 2011-11-02, 12:48

I personally love the car. It's really in my parents hands now, considering they are giving me 2000 towards a car and the rest I gotta borrow from my granny. It does need some body work, there's a small debt. The glovebox is gone, I can tell the parking brake needs to be tightened, but that shouldn't cost much. Considering its an 85,I can almost guarantee something will fail eventually, but I still really really want this car. :/
    Krellyn
    Krellyn

Post by Krellyn 2011-11-02, 13:01

darkxephos wrote:BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT ... That is one of the coolest looking cars I have ever had the pleasure to rest my eyes upon ... I'd say it's a decent deal but a hagle couldn't hurt ... Also, depending on how cheap you can get it it, it doesn't matter if everything works, if one or two small things like the radio doesn't wor you can just get a new one ... Did I mention you should buy it ...

P.S

Repaint it black/silver and it will be the most beasting car ever ... Exept for a Delorean ...

You give shitty, biased advice.

DS, is this your first car? Are you going to have it insured? Do you plan on upgrading in the next 5 years?

If the answer to the above three questions are true, then buy the car. If they are not, another one will come along.

It is a old car, but it is a perfect car for your first car; Something you can trash and not have to worry about.
    luminousmouse
    luminousmouse

Post by luminousmouse 2011-11-02, 13:13

Krellyn wrote:DS, is this your first car? Are you going to have it insured? Do you plan on upgrading in the next 5 years?

If the answer to the above three questions are true, then buy the car. If they are not, another one will come along.

It is a old car, but it is a perfect car for your first car; Something you can trash and not have to worry about.

Good lord! At least someone here likes old classic cars (darkxephos). Who would ever "trash" such a treasure?
    DoughnutSpanker
    DoughnutSpanker
    Donator
    Donator

Post by DoughnutSpanker 2011-11-02, 13:32

Krellyn wrote:
    darkxephos wrote:BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT ... That is one of the coolest looking cars I have ever had the pleasure to rest my eyes upon ... I'd say it's a decent deal but a hagle couldn't hurt ... Also, depending on how cheap you can get it it, it doesn't matter if everything works, if one or two small things like the radio doesn't wor you can just get a new one ... Did I mention you should buy it ...

P.S

You give shitty, biased advice.

DS, is this your first car? Are you going to have it insured? Do you plan on upgrading in the next 5 years?

Yep Yep Yep. That's exactly what I was thinking. I'd do some custom mods to make it to my liking (I found a sick tutorial on how to put a shift light behind the cluster so the cluster glows when you hit redline) and then sell it when I got enough cash to upgrade it.
    bubba_rocks
    bubba_rocks

Post by bubba_rocks 2011-11-02, 16:09

F*** that... Just jack it and go :3
    darkxephos
    darkxephos

Post by darkxephos 2011-11-03, 00:11

Krellyn wrote:It is a old car, but it is a perfect car for your first car; Something you can trash and not have to worry about.

Trashing a car like that would be a horrible thing to do. An old car like that needs love and care. So what if it has a few dents and what not, but it's a diamond standard from a golden age of the auto-mobile. If you are going to get the car, please take good care of it. Don't just drive it around asthough it's expendable. Because it's not, it's an amazing piece of machinery that needs taken care of. So please don't listen to Krellyn and take a leaf from the pheonix's book. Make it rise up from it's early grave to be the beautiful piece of heaven it was then.
    Krellyn
    Krellyn

Post by Krellyn 2011-11-03, 01:25

darkxephos wrote:
    Krellyn wrote:It is a old car, but it is a perfect car for your first car; Something you can trash and not have to worry about.

Trashing a car like that would be a horrible thing to do. An old car like that needs love and care. So what if it has a few dents and what not, but it's a diamond standard from a golden age of the auto-mobile. If you are going to get the car, please take good care of it. Don't just drive it around asthough it's expendable. Because it's not, it's an amazing piece of machinery that needs taken care of. So please don't listen to Krellyn and take a leaf from the pheonix's book. Make it rise up from it's early grave to be the beautiful piece of heaven it was then.

WOW, you obviously don't know shit about cars. That car's mileage is at 45,000-ish, as Doughnut said. That mileage is great, but not fantastic.It would be pointless for him to buy it to simply use and take excellent care of. It's the perfect car, cheap, old, and nice.

What I think you misunderstand is that when I say trash, I don't mean WRECK. I mean learn how to drive with. Probationary license for 2 years, learning on your own how to drive, this car is perfect.

The more you post, darkxephos, the more I realize you have no experience with the outside world, so, please, stop quoting me and talking about subject matter you have no experience with. Thank you.
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-11-03, 01:46

Freed/Orcworm edited my post, I can't even remember what I posted
    DoughnutSpanker
    DoughnutSpanker
    Donator
    Donator

Post by DoughnutSpanker 2011-11-03, 07:35

I figured it'd be too good to be true. Parents say no. Thanks for the advice anyway guys. :/

EDIT: They're talking about it again, they seem to be willing to negotiate it. >_>

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-19, 16:27