- Nether Warts grow on Soul Sand only!
- Their chance to grow to their next stage is 0.00407% every 1/20th of a second (Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Sometimes resulting them in growing fast or slow.
- Be patient!
- Nether Warts got 3 growing stages. Only harvest them on the third stage. This image shows all 3 stages: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
- Nether Warts DO NOT need Lava or Fire to grow, but they gain a higher growing rate if there are light sources such as fire, lava, torches or glowstones are near them. (Updated November 26th 2011)
- Due to the last fact, a good Nether Wart farm is a big flat area made out of soul sand and enough lighting!
- Nether Warts DO NOT react to Bone Meal!
- Nether Warts grow at any light level but might be growing faster at a high light level.
- Nether Warts only grow in the nether!
- Nether Warts will only grow if the chunk they are within is loaded. Meaning a player needs to be nearby them just like for any other type of farm.
- All brewing should be done near your Nether Wart farm. Brewing is a process which can take quite a while if you are making a lot of potions. So while you brew, your Nether Warts can still grow.
- It is advisable to have your Nether Wart farm near a Blaze Spawner so you can go hunt for blaze rods while the Nether Warts grow.
I might post a screenshot of my farm once I get back home.
Last edited by Giygas on 2011-11-27, 02:39; edited 4 times in total