Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+5
paradox74
strpr0wng
The_Music_Man
alexasaro
Giygas
9 posters

Nether Wart farming facts and tricks.

Giygas
    Giygas

Nether Wart farming  facts and tricks. Empty Nether Wart farming facts and tricks.

Post by Giygas 2011-11-24, 18:52

I have done a little research on the growing behavior of Nether Warts and found out a few facts, tips and tricks you should follow to make a profitable Nether Wart farm.

- Nether Warts grow on Soul Sand only!
    - Their chance to grow to their next stage is 0.00407% every 1/20th of a second (Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Sometimes resulting them in growing fast or slow.
    - Be patient!
    - Nether Warts got 3 growing stages. Only harvest them on the third stage. This image shows all 3 stages: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    - Nether Warts DO NOT need Lava or Fire to grow, but they gain a higher growing rate if there are light sources such as fire, lava, torches or glowstones are near them. (Updated November 26th 2011)
    - Due to the last fact, a good Nether Wart farm is a big flat area made out of soul sand and enough lighting!
    - Nether Warts DO NOT react to Bone Meal!
    - Nether Warts grow at any light level but might be growing faster at a high light level.
    - Nether Warts only grow in the nether!
    - Nether Warts will only grow if the chunk they are within is loaded. Meaning a player needs to be nearby them just like for any other type of farm.
    - All brewing should be done near your Nether Wart farm. Brewing is a process which can take quite a while if you are making a lot of potions. So while you brew, your Nether Warts can still grow.
    - It is advisable to have your Nether Wart farm near a Blaze Spawner so you can go hunt for blaze rods while the Nether Warts grow.

Have fun.

I might post a screenshot of my farm once I get back home.

Last edited by Giygas on 2011-11-27, 13:39; edited 4 times in total
    alexasaro
    alexasaro

Nether Wart farming  facts and tricks. Empty Re: Nether Wart farming facts and tricks.

Post by alexasaro 2011-11-25, 02:25

Project and I have already made a successful farm. If anyone wants to buy a few, conact either me or him.
    (Yes, I know this isn't in the right subject, but still)

A cluple of other tips from us:
    -From our observations, they seem to grow better in rows
    -It is better to build the farm in a dome to prevent griefing
    -As a second defence against griefing, cover your dome in lava and have it floating over a lava lake; to make it hard to get
    The_Music_Man
    The_Music_Man

Nether Wart farming  facts and tricks. Empty Re: Nether Wart farming facts and tricks.

Post by The_Music_Man 2011-11-25, 02:26

If you need, I can show a good, fast, mass-producing farm, which can be easily replicated.
    strpr0wng

Post by strpr0wng 2011-11-25, 03:23

why did you tell the peons >.>
    paradox74
    paradox74

Post by paradox74 2011-11-25, 03:24

The_Music_Man wrote:If you need, I can show a good, fast, mass-producing farm, which can be easily replicated.
    True dat. That farm is awesome. Razz
    G
    G

Post by G 2011-11-25, 03:59

Huh. I always leave my nether warts alone... and they still grow...

==============EDIT============

Creature Box are Gone ATM so no blaze spawners Sad
    Giygas
    Giygas

Post by Giygas 2011-11-25, 19:45

alexasaro wrote:
    -From our observations, they seem to grow better in rows

This is false since their growing rate still remains the same (see my post for the percentage).

G wrote:Huh. I always leave my nether warts alone... and they still grow...

==============EDIT============

Creature Box are Gone ATM so no blaze spawners Sad

1. Yeah you might be right, but you might be near their location which means the chunk you are within is loaded, if a chunk is loaded, they grow.

2. Creature Box is down, yes, but I was never talking about placing a Blaze Spawner. By "having your farm near a blaze spawner" I meant finding a natural blaze spawner and build the farm close to it.
    The_Music_Man
    The_Music_Man

Post by The_Music_Man 2011-11-26, 08:33

This is my wart farm.
    (I'll show it to you para, it's better than the old one Razz)
    basic layout:
    In the rows:
    I'm expanding it soon.
    EDIT:The thing about fire>lava is true.
    And it's best to build these near balze spawners, and put your alchemy station there.
    It's also best to go AFK in wart farms.
    CooPD4wG

Post by CooPD4wG 2011-11-26, 18:53

Nice. One of the best guides Ive seen!
    Giygas
    Giygas

Post by Giygas 2011-11-27, 13:24

The_Music_Man wrote:

It is not, read the god damn wiki! And my tests also didn't show any effect on the warts when there is fire/lava.

Here is that screenshot of mine I wanted to post a while ago, as you can see there are Stage 3 Nether Warts and no fire/lava around it!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    The_Music_Man
    The_Music_Man

Post by The_Music_Man 2011-11-27, 13:28

I've tested it, and it seems to me as thuogh they DO grow faster with fire, and fire is also less dangerous should your finger slip.
    Giygas
    Giygas

Post by Giygas 2011-11-27, 13:29

The_Music_Man wrote:I've tested it, and it seems to me as thuogh they DO grow faster with fire, and fire is also less dangerous should your finger slip.

It might be just you. The growing rate is always the same.

Edit:

Aw shit, a new line has been added to the wiki page containing this: "Nether Wart grows faster when placed near fire and/or a type of lightsource."

Okay you are right!

Last edited by Giygas on 2011-11-27, 13:33; edited 1 time in total
    walla56
    walla56

Post by walla56 2011-11-27, 13:32

Giygas wrote:
    The_Music_Man wrote:

It is not, read the god damn wiki! And my tests also didn't show any effect on the warts when there is fire/lava.

Here is that screenshot of mine I wanted to post a while ago, as you can see there are Stage 3 Nether Warts and no fire/lava around it!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You're both right, in different ways. It grows just as fast whether you have fire/lava next to it or you put torches everywhere.

Wiki wrote:Nether Wart grows faster when placed near fire and/or a type of light source.
    Chazdude42
    Chazdude42

Post by Chazdude42 2011-11-29, 00:50

Its funny because i have a test going with a wart farm in darkness and one near fire and they both grow at almost the exact same rate. If it does make it faster, its probably just by 0.00003% chance per 1/20th of a second or something silly.

Bearing in mind this is comparing 156 near light vs 156 in darkness, i'd say its a suitable sample xD
    paradox74
    paradox74

Post by paradox74 2011-11-29, 01:12

I don't think it has so much to do with how much light but just if it's next to fire or lava. As seen in the pics posted by music_man there is barely any light in there as all the fire is covered up. Using glass Instead of the cobblestone makes no difference in the growing time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-20, 02:48