Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+5
maroon_potatoe
Orcworm
patrickfreed
Pete
jmansplatxox
9 posters

Um hi, i was bannned for apparently "flint and steeling a large area"

jmansplatxox
    jmansplatxox

Um hi, i was bannned for apparently "flint and steeling a large area" Empty Um hi, i was bannned for apparently "flint and steeling a large area"

Post by jmansplatxox 2011-03-17, 08:00

Yes hi there, my name is jmansplatxox, i have only been playing on the server for about 4 days now. I would like to talk to you about a ban i received on march 15th. This ban was about me apparently "flint and steeling a large area and grieving. First i would like to talk about the grieving. I never ever remember EVER killing anyone or stealing any of there stuff unless, 1: they killed me by accident and it was the quickest way, 2: they killed me and i needed my stuff back, or 3: we wanted to PvP each other. None of those by my understandings go under the category of "grieving" Now i would like to talk about this flint and steeling buinsness. on my first day in the server i did not know any rules, so i found a house that no one was in, and because i knew it was a PvP server i thought i could set it on fire. The way i got to this house was via teleport to my friends: The_Music_Man's house. While i was settting only about a 4x4 area on fire i accidentally killed myself. At the time, since it was my first day in the server, i did not care about going back to fix the fire, which was a small fire because the server has fire spread disabled. After my 3rd day on the server i had heard all the rules and knew that i should fix that one small area. So i tried to teleport to my friend music's house and it said i was not invited. I then remembered that he had been getting grieved himself in his own house, so he set the teleport on private. He was not on the server at the time and could not invite me to his home. The only problem with just going to his house by walking was i had absolutely no idea where his house was and i would end up getting lost before i could end up finding it. So yes i admit to setting a small area on fire, and in my defense i could not reach the area to stop the fire. The part i do not understand is that apparently i set a large area on fire. This to me makes absolutely no sense at all, because the fire could not spread because of the servers controls. The grieving part of the ban was completely untrue, like i said befor. I have learned from my mistakes with the fire, and i promise you i will never, ever do it again. So all i am asking is that you unban, Kript 911 will agree with me as will The_Music_Man. Please, unbann me for this.

Last edited by jmansplatxox on 2011-03-17, 08:15; edited 1 time in total
    Pete
    Pete

Um hi, i was bannned for apparently "flint and steeling a large area" Empty Re: Um hi, i was bannned for apparently "flint and steeling a large area"

Post by Pete 2011-03-17, 08:07

Considering you just broke 3 of our 6 forum rules and considering that "not knowing the rules" is equal to "not reading the rules", I say that you stay banned. Good-bye, little ladybug, fly and find your new server to grief.
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Um hi, i was bannned for apparently "flint and steeling a large area" Empty Re: Um hi, i was bannned for apparently "flint and steeling a large area"

Post by patrickfreed 2011-03-17, 08:13

I don't feel like reading his long ass essay, what rules did he break besides the smilies?
    jmansplatxox
    jmansplatxox

Post by jmansplatxox 2011-03-17, 08:15

IT WAS MY FIRST DAY PETE how was i suppose to know how to do anything, my friend the music man just pmed me on steam and said join the server orcworm.co.uk he said nothing, when i joined all he said was ****(my real name) omg ur on type /home music. so i did that and was just messing around, the next day i came back and played for like 2 minutes, left and on the third day i learned all the rules, and even helped rykleos with his hotel, while i was helping he explained to me, kript 911, and lillian how to play and the rules. the next day after that i even was turned into the maintenance crew of frostbite hotel.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-03-17, 08:18

Downloading log at a blazing speed of 36,000 bytes / sec... 5 hours ETA. Any takers on searching through it for me?
    jmansplatxox
    jmansplatxox

Post by jmansplatxox 2011-03-17, 08:22

Ya sorry Orc that u might have to take that long of a time to do this, can u just talk to music or kript they were both here when this happened, and music was even there when i was banned, i'm OK with u looking at the logs, but it probably would be quicker otherwise. Really its up to you.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-03-17, 08:25

I plan to look at the log to find out who banned you, I can't trust anyone or anything other than the block logs.
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-03-17, 08:26

Orcworm wrote:Downloading log at a blazing speed of 36,000 bytes / sec... 5 hours ETA. Any takers on searching through it for me?
    What's in it for me? Razz Nah, im kidding. (unless there is something for me)
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-03-17, 08:28

1.- The first thing you see when you join the server is a sign saying "READ THE SIGNS". Next to it, there are several other signs stating the rules. It is not unknown that you must also do /rules whenever you join a new server, and /help if you're new to a game.

2.- You obviously don't even care about reading the rules, considering you didn't read the posting guidelines before posting here.

3.- Again, as far as I can tell, you should stay banned. You should also thank your friend for "forcing" you not to read the rules.

4.- Can I suggest you join a friend-server called Freed's Universe?
    jmansplatxox
    jmansplatxox

Post by jmansplatxox 2011-03-17, 08:31

Pete is that supposed to be a joke, because its not funny.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-03-17, 08:38

Do you see any damn sign of it being a joke? Well, it isn't a joke, so read it again and go find a new server. You could also visit specialattack.net .
    jmansplatxox
    jmansplatxox

Post by jmansplatxox 2011-03-17, 08:41

Is it your choice, no its not.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-03-17, 08:42

Porty, I think you're being a little harsh to say we don't have all the facts just yet. I like the recommendations though ;p.
    jmansplatxox
    jmansplatxox

Post by jmansplatxox 2011-03-17, 08:43

Orc are they real recommendations or is he teasing me, i'm not in the mood to find out.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-03-17, 08:44

It actually is my choice to ban you from my, MY, *MY* forums, so if I was you, I'd shut up. Also, Orc... That's why none of my facts are based on him breaking the rules, just on not fucking reading them. Again, he's broken 4/6 of my rules already, not even Pure managed to do that.
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-03-17, 08:44

PetePorty wrote:4.- Can I suggest you join a friend-server called Freed's Universe?
    Interesting...xD
    maroon_potatoe

Post by maroon_potatoe 2011-03-17, 08:45

UMAD? it had to be done Laughing
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-03-17, 08:46

Meh, this is starting to look like some sort of SpA appeal thread.
    FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

Post by FillerB 2011-03-17, 09:02

Check your bans-subforum Orcy

gamemaster1494 wrote:Also jmanslatxox. If possible, global ban. set fire to all of the wood he could get his hands on at ddr's place. Even went on the roof as well... Rollback didn't work on his flint but i fixed it (with ddr's help =D).

Spoiler:

And to talk about this topic itself

PetePorty wrote:It actually is my choice to ban you from my, MY, *MY* forums, so if I was you, I'd shut up. Also, Orc... That's why none of my facts are based on him breaking the rules, just on not fucking reading them. Again, he's broken 4/6 of my rules already, not even Pure managed to do that.

Woh there tiger, no need to go all Dictator-style here. The guy seems like a bit of a lazy dick I grant you that, but why so serious?
    jmansplatxox
    jmansplatxox

Post by jmansplatxox 2011-03-17, 09:13

Thank you filler, thank you...
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-03-17, 09:18

Well, it fucking annoys me when people claim that they shouldn't be banned because they didn't know the rules; our server is specially built so that every new player reads the rules as soon as they join. Therefore, each time someone claims that they didn't know the rules, a little part of my soul dies. Also, considering he also lied saying he burnt "2" blocks, I reaffirm my position on the topic.
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-03-17, 09:20

jmansplatxox wrote:Thank you filler, thank you...
    Why the fuck are you thanking me? I just posted your death warrant.
    kript911

Post by kript911 2011-03-17, 09:20

Do you people notice how in all the screenshots, Jman has NO flint and steel in his invintory...
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-03-17, 09:23

*facepalm* That isn't his inventory smartypants. That's gamemasters inventory because he is the one who did the BB on the flinted logs and made the screenshots.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-03-17, 09:33

I really, really, reeeeeally feel like checking both's IP addresses... >.<
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-03-17, 09:38

PetePorty wrote:I really, really, reeeeeally feel like checking both's IP addresses... >.<
    Do it. It takes like 3 seconds
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-03-17, 09:41

I'm busy trying to make my title image smaller. I should probably move the "Admin" to the left a bit and delete some space between it and the gear...
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-03-17, 09:41

FillerB wrote:Check your bans-subforum Orcy

Damn, must be going blind, cheers.

Oh, and I assume you're making those shiny banners for other ranks Porty?

...Anyway, back on-topic. That looks like a little more than four blocks worth to me.
    jmansplatxox
    jmansplatxox

Post by jmansplatxox 2011-03-17, 09:44

Again i said 4x4 space not 4 blocks
    jmansplatxox
    jmansplatxox

Post by jmansplatxox 2011-03-17, 09:45

And to clear everything else up about the rules im sorry i didnt read tyhem all, i read some then realized every floor had the same massage on it
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-03-17, 09:53

jmansplatxox wrote:And to clear everything else up about the rules im sorry i didnt read tyhem all, i read some then realized every floor had the same massage on it
    You say this as you're breaking the double post rule ROTFL
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-03-17, 09:54

No, they don't. You just broke the fifth rule of our forum, not even the greatest forum troller and griefer we've had has achieved that.
    @Orc Yes, in the future... Razz I haz the base for some, but I'm lacking an image, I made mine a gear because... Gears own, but I'll think about it for this year, probably being able to implement it by the end of 2012.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-03-17, 09:55

Well, I think GM's comment on the ban sums this up, unless he chooses to change his mind.

"Also jmanslatxox. If possible, global ban. set fire to all of the wood he could get his hands on at ddr's place. Even went on the roof as well... Rollback didn't work on his flint but i fixed it (with ddr's help =D). "
    jmansplatxox
    jmansplatxox

Post by jmansplatxox 2011-03-17, 09:57

So im perma-banned, dont even get a second chance, nothing?
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-03-17, 09:58

That's already decided, we're no discussing whether we'll ban you from all the servers out there or not.
    gamemaster1494
    gamemaster1494
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by gamemaster1494 2011-03-22, 11:14

Wow i didnt' see this. this already done with? =P
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-03-22, 11:16

Yes, it was a long and drawn out process
    gamemaster1494
    gamemaster1494
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by gamemaster1494 2011-03-22, 11:17

i see. lol. darn i missed all the fun >=D
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-03-22, 11:48

Hey, jerkface; didn't you read the rules? Mad
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-03-22, 15:20

Old and done with anyway. Locked and Archived.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 06:40