Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

5 posters

Ban Appeal

krackerjack

Ban Appeal Empty Ban Appeal

Post by krackerjack 2011-03-17, 11:22

Ban Reason:

Griefing GreyPhox's Farm

Appeal:

I was not actively griefing anyone's farm. I was tunneling and probably came out at the wrong place. I couldn't really see where I was going so unfortunately I came out in GreyPhox's Farm. I didn't destroy anything when I emerged, either (other than the blocks I tunneled through which I replaced -- granted, they were probably a different type of block bc cobble was all I had). Usually, I know when I have entered someone's territory when it has been zoned (GreyPhox's was not), and I leave to go mine elsewhere. Also, I may have attempted to open chests in the area, but I have seen mods and admins say that if you find an open chest, you can keep what is inside. If anyone had indicated in the chat area that I was on their property, I would have correctly fixed the spots where I tunneled in, and I would have left promptly.

In conclusion, I never destroy blocks that belong to someone else on purpose. I am only interested in building up my house. I have put quite a few hours into the server, and (as I said) I will not grief because things like this can happen, and it just isn't polite to destroy someone else's hard work. I'm not one of them (griefers), and they make me as mad as they make everyone else. From now on, I'll make sure that I'm very far from anyone's property before I decided to go digging tunnels and pop up in someone's building.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Ban Appeal Empty Re: Ban Appeal

Post by Orcworm 2011-03-17, 11:26

Please take a look at this thread:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And the evidence:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Invision
    Invision
    Forum Developer
    Forum Developer

Post by Invision 2011-03-17, 11:29

I do believe our God once said he believed in a second chance? And I suggest to use this second chance now? Or what do you say, God? (Orcworm, don't come with stupid comments to the "god" part, you others ^^ ).

Sounds like you put a lot of effort in this Appeal aswell as your story seems really convincing. I would give you a second chance if you could get the type of block that you destroyed, and refilled the spot where you put cobblestone with that type of block.

Sincerly, Inv.

EDIT: I wrote this while you were posting the pictures, didn't know. [Ignore my message]

Last edited by Invision on 2011-03-17, 11:30; edited 1 time in total
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-03-17, 11:30

I'm not too sure, greyphox's /home was a total wreck, all from this guy.
    krackerjack

Post by krackerjack 2011-03-17, 11:36

I understand your hesitation Orcworm. However, my opinion is that the typical griefer would not immediately come here to appeal if he did not care about the server. In addition, I don't think the typical griefer would actually read the thread you posted. I just finished, and I can only say that I am sorry for taking the crops. I wish I would have been a member of the forum earlier so I could have resolved this with GreyPhox personally. I can also offer some sort of payment to GreyPhox as a gesture of good faith.

EDIT: I was hoping to become an active member. See, I even read the forum rules. Also, "all from this guy" appears to be incorrect. In the thread by greyphox, another person is mentioned that seems far more sinister.
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-03-17, 14:37

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Orly?
    Two griefs, diff times :/ Serial griefing. Of course this was just breaking in to steal stuff, no where near as bad as ruining crops Surprised
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-03-17, 15:03

Just to isolate one fact here, those different times are barely six seconds apart pretty much supports his story that he punched through and then plugged it up with what he had.

Not excusing the theft of crops, just pointing out it hardly seems like a "serial grief" just from those screens.
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-03-17, 15:06

Those are too diffrent areas and two diffrent times. One is 24 something and this one is 8:36. I am saying he clearly didn't read the rules well enough and posting additional evidence.
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-03-17, 15:21

Ah, missed that the times were different on the separate screens. I withdraw my comment.
    krackerjack

Post by krackerjack 2011-03-18, 00:43

Yes, those are two different areas at two different times, but it still shows that I replaced the blocks I broke with what I had (which was only cobble). I've seen people get reinstated for deliberate griefing. What I did was not deliberate, and if you give me a second chance, I'll prove it. Here you have someone willing to abide by the rules on the forum (and in the game from now on), and all you want to do is say "no" to a second chance? That seems a bit arcane. I mean, even a few US states have "three strikes" laws for drug possession and stuff, which people still view as extreme, and yours is a "one strike" offense? I've apologized and completely recognize that I was in the wrong. Providing more evidence is pointless since I've already said I was in the wrong. It isn't like I'm denying anything. So, again, I'd like to make it up to those affected. If I remain banned, they will get no compensation. I was thinking something like 500 gil per person affected.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 06:40