Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

4 posters

Bring back the old server map! Give me your vote!

Poll

Return the old server map?

[ 4 ]
    Bring back the old server map! Give me your vote! Bar_left33%Bring back the old server map! Give me your vote! Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Bring back the old server map! Give me your vote! Bar_left67%Bring back the old server map! Give me your vote! Bar_right [67%] 

Total Votes: 12
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Bring back the old server map! Give me your vote! Empty Bring back the old server map! Give me your vote!

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-03-28, 09:59

I noticed the main page got a new map for the server.
    Sure the system is very nice!
    You can see whos online and where, see the daytime, see everyone moving around and even blocks beeing edited just right now! And if that was not enough it has 3 options to display the map to your likings!
    That all sounds very sweet if it wasnt for one fatal issue...
    The map is over 70% incomplete. Only the area around spawn city is sort of ok but the rest of the world map has a lot of missing data and wont display properly in ANY setting!
    I think the main purpose one uses the map for is to find out where they are and what lies around them. But if theres too much missing data, whats the point of even having a map?
    The old one wasnt that great but it was pretty much complete and functional!
    I think we need the old map back and im making a pole about this to see if people agree or disagree with me.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Bring back the old server map! Give me your vote! Empty Re: Bring back the old server map! Give me your vote!

Post by Orcworm 2011-03-28, 10:01

The full map can be generated by issuing /dynmap fullrender. The problem is it will result in around two hours of pure lag and timeouts, possibly more. I have yet to find a time when there's a lack of players ;p.

I also preferred the old map style, the problem with it was how glitchy it became with the new region save format.
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Bring back the old server map! Give me your vote! Empty Re: Bring back the old server map! Give me your vote!

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-03-28, 10:06

Orcworm wrote:The full map can be generated by issuing /dynmap fullrender. The problem is it will result in around two hours of pure lag and timeouts, possibly more. I have yet to find a time when there's a lack of players ;p.

I also preferred the old map style, the problem with it was how glitchy it became with the new region save format.

Well if you CAN find a time where there are very few players online or even force times where players cant access the server for update, fixing and mapping tasks then this map would be awesome. But if things end up with there beeing no way this can be given, id say you should rather stick to the old map. Maybe its glitchy, but its pretty much complete.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-03-28, 10:22

Just place blocks on the blackened areas and they'll show up on the map.
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-03-28, 19:24

Good luck with that...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-16, 16:54