Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+6
FillerB
Monstaboi
GaMerG77
Vespasian
Lizardman
E Karney
10 posters

A suitable event to end the old map?

A suitable event to end the old map? Empty Lets have some fun before the end of the owrld :D

Post by Guest 2011-03-31, 12:08

I say a day or 2 before the wipe we give ALL pur gil and ALL of our things to a random newb who connects to the server that day, I know stupid, but I think it would be fun, just to make them King/Queen-For-A-Day.
    E Karney
    E Karney

A suitable event to end the old map? Empty Re: A suitable event to end the old map?

Post by E Karney 2011-03-31, 12:12

Better idea, how about Orc unbans tnt for the last day and we blow the crap out of everything.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

A suitable event to end the old map? Empty Re: A suitable event to end the old map?

Post by Lizardman 2011-03-31, 12:40

I'd be in favor of that. XD

Likely not gonna happen though (but man, it would be so much fun...)

Post by Guest 2011-03-31, 13:16

YEAH!!! LETS BLOW EVERYTHING UP!!! Very Happy
    Vespasian
    Vespasian

Post by Vespasian 2011-03-31, 14:03

I'm for blowing everything up. It's all going to be wiped anyway!
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-03-31, 14:24

Problem is: we don't know when 1.4 will be released (only some time this week).
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-03-31, 14:26

We're not gonna update though, right. Bukkit will be so fk'd up.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-03-31, 14:40

We'll likely run a temp map until Bukkit updates. In other words, we'll have utter anarchy for a bit of time (obviously unpredictable) and I'm sure people will have fun doing everything they can until Bukkit's update.
    Monstaboi
    Monstaboi

Post by Monstaboi 2011-03-31, 15:40

WELLLLL, updates are OPTIONAL with the new launcher, so it shouldnt be so much of a problem.
    Vespasian
    Vespasian

A suitable event to end the old map? Empty A suitable event to end the old map?

Post by Vespasian 2011-03-31, 15:51

Most of you probably know that the current map is soon to be reset. But rather than have it go without any event, I was wondering if something interesting was possible.

Some people have suggested that putting TNT everywhere and blowing it up would be a good idea, and I agree. It would also be pretty good if we could get a volcano-like event to start flooding the server with lava from the top of some mountain (or preferably, mountains Very Happy).

Doing the lava AND tnt simultaneously would be even better, send the old map off with a bang and hopefully make some good Youtube videos to boot.

Does anyone else think this is a good idea? Is it even possible to do this kind of thing? (im assuming that mod powers or plugins or something could help, hopefully they can)
    FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

Post by FillerB 2011-03-31, 16:10

It would most likely lag the shit out of the server, but seeing Spawn City like it was the House of Parliment in V for Vendatta does sound like a mighty fine sight.
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-03-31, 16:12

OrcwormSMP does need subscribers =)
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-03-31, 16:18

Do eeeet!

Man, a celebration of destruction... totally the polar opposite of my values but it's all in good fun. XD
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-03-31, 17:25

TNT feat the last day would be fun! A happy-go-lucky, free-for-all, boomstravaganza! I for one would have a lot of fun blowing my own house up just to watch it happen. Would me a damn sight more interesting then it just vanishing. It would bring a sort of...perverse closure.

AND! The PvP possibilities are fun!

>cough< Booby traps /land mines anyone?
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-03-31, 17:36

I never knew rulyon was so destructive.
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-03-31, 17:39

I'm Texan. Dur. I'm ornery. As long as it's legal.

Also, merging with other topic.
    Vespasian
    Vespasian

Post by Vespasian 2011-03-31, 17:57

The mountain that my bunker is on near base is a great one for potential volcano things.

Is it possible with plugins or some other power to seed the whole map with TNT? And preferably lava on the high parts to flow around and such. Would be something to see.

Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-03-31, 18:00

You don't want too many TNT explosions going off at once. The calculations involved WILL crash the server. I've seen it happen.
    darkxephos
    darkxephos

Location : A secret location off the south side of the Erskine bridge

Post by darkxephos 2011-03-31, 18:50

if you any one has ever seen the minecraft nuke test on youtube you will know that the server would go to shit ... lag like hell then crash ... i think the tnt is a bad idea
    Zz_For_Dannnnn
    Zz_For_Dannnnn

Post by Zz_For_Dannnnn 2011-03-31, 20:41

how about, Orc, turns fire spread on and we all go crazygsdufgsdhfcgvdskcgfsdhgf! What a Face

Or, we just blow up the statue and spawn city? Very Happy

Last edited by Zz_For_Dannnnn on 2011-03-31, 20:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : llleeerroooyyy Jjjjeenkkkiiinnnssssss)
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-04-01, 02:07

LOLO I asked Orc yesturday if I can blow up the statue after the 1.4 update, we totally need to record that shit
    darkxephos
    darkxephos

Location : A secret location off the south side of the Erskine bridge

Post by darkxephos 2011-04-01, 02:08

or we could set everything on fire
    Zz_For_Dannnnn
    Zz_For_Dannnnn

Post by Zz_For_Dannnnn 2011-04-01, 02:14

Zz_For_Dannnnn wrote:how about, Orc, turns fire spread on and we all go crazygsdufgsdhfcgvdskcgfsdhgf! What a Face

Or, we just blow up the statue and spawn city? Very Happy

Um guys, what I just said What a Face lets do both!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-06, 22:53