Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+2
Rulyon
Gtoxed
6 posters

Banned by accident?

Gtoxed

Banned by accident? Empty Banned by accident?

Post by Gtoxed 2011-04-04, 22:04

Heya,

i was playing some minecraft at work, decided to join ure server now that the new patch is out. ventured off by the honeypot.. long story short, my boss came in, i minimized the window will running towards the honeypot and i must have broken it while doing so since i clicked the mouse to change my screens, and now it said i broke the honeypot. running on a mac so its not like the usual pc, plus im running spaces activated.
    anyways, it was by no means intentional, and i'm definitely not a griefer.
    Will u please unban me? =/
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Banned by accident? Empty Re: Banned by accident?

Post by Rulyon 2011-04-04, 22:20

Gtoxed wrote:Heya,

i was playing some minecraft at work, decided to join ure server now that the new patch is out. ventured off by the honeypot.. long story short, my boss came in, i minimized the window will running towards the honeypot and i must have broken it while doing so since i clicked the mouse to change my screens, and now it said i broke the honeypot. running on a mac so its not like the usual pc, plus im running spaces activated.
    anyways, it was by no means intentional, and i'm definitely not a griefer.
    Will u please unban me? =/

You can't break a Honeypot while a different screen is over Minecraft... It enters a pause menu. The server may still run, but the client won't take keyboard and mouse commands in that state. Plus it's not a one-click-break...you have to hold the mouse button down to break anything. Orc has given second chances to Honeypot bans before, but I don't think someone who would obviously lie about doing so deserves it...
    Gtoxed

Post by Gtoxed 2011-04-04, 22:41

sir i have no reason to lie to you about it. Im being totally honest, i was switching over the screens, now maybe i might have destroyed this honeypot block in the process of watching my boss come in, but either way it was an honest misstake. and no, i didnt lie. could be that you missinterpreted me (no pun intended)?
    will u please lift my ban? =/
    I, just like u, enjoy this game to the fullest, hate griefers, and have gotten many of my friends tuned to this game. I have no reason to grief or make players uncomfortable, as i wish to be treated with the same respect as i treat others online.
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-04-04, 22:43

Well, Honeypot bans are up to Orcworm to decide. I'm just the friendly neighborhood Forum Moderator. Whatever the answer is, you'll have to wait until he can get to your appeal to find out.
    Gtoxed

Post by Gtoxed 2011-04-04, 22:52

hehe okay.. it just feels stupid that i got banned for somethin as simple as this.. altough it filters out the "griefers" on the server, it would have been nice with a nice big warning sign popping up first or something.. i get the concept though. i'd say im a pretty experienced player, got my own server hosted with a friend when we want to do some minecrafting with the close friends, but every now and then its nice to venture out into the "big world" Razz. considering orcworm was the first server i ever tried SMP, it would be nice to stick to that server. its homey! Smile

orcworm, if ure out there, please lift my ban! (L)
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-04-04, 23:43

Hey, at least he has an original story (albeit obvious lie).
    Ciphon
    Ciphon

Post by Ciphon 2011-04-04, 23:50

On Mac computers there is a known glitch with spaces that goes something like that I believe, though I've never encountered it...

So if he used spaces to go in-between the two things he could be telling the truth, emphasis on could

Finally! Another Mac user on te server!
    Gtoxed

Post by Gtoxed 2011-04-05, 00:20

hehe hold your horses Demon_cat.. thanks for backing me up on that one, and yes, thats exactly what happened to me! Its very usual that i end up walking forwards or sideways when moving inbetween with spaces. Im a Mac technician, so i use a mac every now and then to play my favorite game Very Happy, but im originally a hardcore PC user/builder. Used to work for Dell before, but figured i might as well give Mac a go and applied for a job in the field. something i dont regret. gotta ask u though, do u feel like there are performance gains using a mac over pc? i think so, a 8600m gt laptop compared to a x1600 macbook pro, both dual core 2.2ghz, the macbook gets alot smoother FPS than my laptop.

anyways, on topic, Lizardman, that kinda hurts. you're giving me the feeling of "guilty until proven innocent". maybe u should try using a macbook ureself? dont Judge someone until u have more facts gathered please.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-04-05, 00:28

Eh, sorry if it IS true. I've never had such an experience myself.
    Ciphon
    Ciphon

Post by Ciphon 2011-04-05, 00:48

I definitely agree that macs have very smooth performances, the annoying part is just that it doesn't allow some applications to work with it, such as rsps's (runescape private servers) and stuff, but on tupendside again, no virus's!
    Gtoxed

Post by Gtoxed 2011-04-05, 00:48

well, its true, i have no reason to lie.. its a game, and i treat it as such. Im actually going beyond my ways to stay on this server, because i actually like it.. i could just as well look for another server to play on, but i like this one, theres always things going on, people are nice, theres awesome buildings set up, and some of the players here really seem set on team working, which is what appeals to me. now, since i come here asking to have my ban lifted, and, i guess by now u should have some what idea of who i am as a person, that im not some typical 12 year old griefer out to conquer and pillage everyone else's stuff, but a mature man simply asking for a chance.. now, maybe i shouldnt be playing minecraft during work, but darnit, that game's so addictive!
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-04-05, 00:51

His persistance is very persuasive to me...
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-04-05, 01:11

Second chance given.

(A windows based PC running Hackintosh is best, but I'd go with Ubuntu over Leopard or 7)
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-04-05, 11:04

Although a month ago you were like "Ubuntu!? GTFO, Windows is SO much better!"...
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-04-05, 18:01

Yeah...well... look over there!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 18:23