Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+4
Grintendo
digger191
Orcworm
Vespasian
8 posters

Bank Proposal

Vespasian
    Vespasian

Bank  Proposal Empty Bank Proposal

Post by Vespasian 2011-04-05, 06:27

Yesterday Orcworm said that we could set up banks. I think this is a great idea and would really help the new official city/ economy thing.

However, there are still a few obstacles before any banks can be set up.

Firstly, a location. To my knowledge there are no cities built yet, so no location for bank.

Secondly, a way to collect on people who would take the money and run, or forget to pay it back, etc.

The location is easy to solve, as soon as there are cities built, there will be locations. But I don't know about how to collect on people who would take the money and run.

Initially my bank would focus on micro-loans to new players, to help them get established. Then once they get a decent house going and have some resources or income, they can pay back the loan. Right now the admin store charges 250 gil for basic tools, which can be easily lost by running into a creeper or two at night. That's half of the gil somebody has to start, so surviving to get a house built is tougher than before.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Bank  Proposal Empty Re: Bank Proposal

Post by Orcworm 2011-04-05, 06:34

This is all I can find on banks, unless anyone knows of one that isn't named 'Bank':
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Vespasian
    Vespasian

Post by Vespasian 2011-04-05, 06:43

Interesting, that plugin might be a solution to the collection problem. Ie, I can deposit money into a shared account with someone, and if they don't pay it back, later I can just withdraw the loan amount from the account.

Only tricky thing would be if they never made the money back in the account, but that would be unlikely.

That page says that loan functionality is coming in the future, so that would probably solve the problem altogether.
    digger191

Post by digger191 2011-04-05, 06:58

it might be easier to ask mods+ for lones and make payment plan with them, because they well at least (orc can for sure)just force pull the money if it comes down to it
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-04-05, 06:59

Shared bank acounts... I see problems arising from that, probaly being the persons own fault but still...
    darkxephos
    darkxephos

Location : A secret location off the south side of the Erskine bridge

Post by darkxephos 2011-04-05, 07:19

I like the idea of the banks .But i also see problems with the shared accounts.
    Vespasian
    Vespasian

Post by Vespasian 2011-04-05, 08:54

digger191 wrote:it might be easier to ask mods+ for lones and make payment plan with them, because they well at least (orc can for sure)just force pull the money if it comes down to it

I was thinking about that as an option, but it would require a lot of micromanagement by them. Basically if they want to do it, thats great, but if they dont, thats perfectly understandable.

In the meantime, I might begin loaning only to people that I really trust. And the amount of money loaned being directly dependent on how much I trust said player. (PM me if you need a loan in the short term)

If this mod ever gets full loan functionality up, that would be awesome.
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-04-05, 09:32

Make em passworded.
    Vespasian
    Vespasian

Post by Vespasian 2011-04-05, 09:51

I think the problem with the shared accounts is that how would the bank one control it? I don't know how it works exactly, but what if the person who is getting the loan from the shared account just transfers it to their own account, how would the bank get it back?

Until the mod gets installed at any rate loans will only be given to people I personally trust (since I have all the risk of them running away, and no way to recoup losses other than to personally chase and kill them and take their stuff, which is obviously unreliable Very Happy)

Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-04-05, 16:58

Hmmm... This bank plugin could also be what we're looking for fir City Treasuries...
    Adrix300
    Adrix300

Post by Adrix300 2011-04-06, 00:11

This is similar to iConomy which we have already
    except for the password part and shared accounts which there woukld be problems with that :/
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-04-10, 01:25

Rulyon wrote:Hmmm... This bank plugin could also be what we're looking for fir City Treasuries...

Coincidently i was just looking for this topic to say the same thing!

This would be great to store city's wealth therefore no confusion could occur and saves the player carrying the treasure of the city's Gil to constantly update other councilors/forums.

Anyone agree/disagree?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 16:41