Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+2
Orcworm
Vespasian
6 posters

sieve TP kills, also attempts magic carpet kill

Vespasian
    Vespasian

sieve TP kills, also attempts magic carpet kill Empty sieve TP kills, also attempts magic carpet kill

Post by Vespasian 2011-04-09, 06:57

I was standing on a tree in the process of killing sieve and mike (belligerents who had tped to my home several times without permission, and one of whom has griefed into our base and managed to avoid getting banned for that.)

Firstly, sieve trys to use a magic carpet to float up at me on my tree, and starts swinging his sword at me. I kill him with arrows, and tell him that using magic carpet in PVP is against the rules.

10 seconds later, sieve TPs to me and kills me instantly from behind.

First time I've ever died on the new map, and it's from a TP kill, how ironic. I'm not surprised though, the server has tons of donators who seem to think that the rules don't apply to them.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

sieve TP kills, also attempts magic carpet kill Empty Re: sieve TP kills, also attempts magic carpet kill

Post by Orcworm 2011-04-09, 07:17

Code:
    [04/09/2011 05:51:06 CEST] vespasian117 killed sieve wielding bow & arrow
    [04/09/2011 05:51:32 CEST] vespasian117 killed sieve wielding diamond sword
    [04/09/2011 05:52:36 CEST] sieve killed vespasian117 wielding iron sword
    [04/09/2011 05:55:06 CEST] sieve fell to their death

Code:

Sat Apr 09 05:51:15 CEST 2011 INFO [bLog] : sieve: /tp ves
    Sat Apr 09 05:51:45 CEST 2011 INFO [bLog] : sieve: /tp ves

He teleported to you, gave you ~51 seconds to do something before you both managed to kill each other, I assume due to lag. That doesn't sound like "10 seconds later, sieve TPs to me and kills me instantly from behind." to me.

From what I can deduce from the logs he did attempt to use /mc to gain an advantage, so for that he can consider himself warned and can expect a demotion if this is to happen again.
    Vespasian
    Vespasian

sieve TP kills, also attempts magic carpet kill Empty Re: sieve TP kills, also attempts magic carpet kill

Post by Vespasian 2011-04-09, 07:26

The thing is that this happened literally 3000 blocks from spawn, and sieve's /home isn't anywhere near. So after I killed him, he used TPing to me to GET to me to kill me.

He probably TPed, fell off the tree, and took the 40 seconds or so climbing back up the tree.

Considering that as you said he used magic carpet not 30 seconds earlier, isn't it obvious that he disregards the rules for not using TP and magic carpet? If he hadn't TPed me to after I killed him, he wouldn't have been able to get near me only 30 seconds later. That's clearly using TP for combat advantage.

Combat begins at 5:51: 06. Ends 4 minutes later.

During the 4 minutes of combat, Sieve TPs to me twice. How is that not TP killing?
    sieve
    sieve

Post by sieve 2011-04-09, 07:30

Vespasian, you continued to kill Mike in his house for no reason. You then sent redjello and your minions to do so also. I tped over to see what was the matter and you killed me. I tped over again, waited a minute so it wouldn't be considered a /tp kill, in your field of vision, I might add and while you were spamming about how you killing Mike for no reason somehow equated him griefing you, I snuck up behind you and killed you.

Also my bad for the /mc thing. I didn't know it was against the rules, it won't happen again.
    Vespasian
    Vespasian

Post by Vespasian 2011-04-09, 07:32

Sieve, I killed you twice.

BOTH times that I killed you, you teleported directly to me less than 10 seconds after death and tried to kill me on each occasion.

I kill you at 5:51:06. Ten seconds later, at 5:51:15, you teleport directly to me.

I kill you again, at 5:51:32 (after you tped to me first time). You then teleport to me again, at 5:51:45, 13 seconds after I killed you for the second time.

You were trying to kill me the ENTIRE time during these two teleports. Why didn't you just teleport to Mike nearby, when it might have been somewhat legitimate that you could keep fighting, rather than teleporting right to ME both times?

You would have never killed me if you had to walk all the way from spawn, as that would take like 15 minutes. So why are you allowed to TP to me, kill me, and take all my stuff? It took you two blatant TP kill attempts to actually kill me, it doesn't get more obvious than that.
    redjello
    Banned
    Banned

Post by redjello 2011-04-09, 07:34

thats pretty clear abuse
    You'd have to be pretty dumb to not realize thats not abusing powers
    You teleported to him trying to kill him and used magic carpet, this couldnt be more blatant abuse.
    Also I'm posting cause I was there.

Last edited by redjello on 2011-04-09, 07:36; edited 1 time in total
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-04-09, 07:35

redjello wrote:thats pretty clear abuse

Is your name 'Vespasian' or 'sieve'? No? Why are you posting here then?
    Vespasian
    Vespasian

Post by Vespasian 2011-04-09, 07:38

This was a multi user-conflict.

I kill Mike, Mike brings in Sieve for backup.

I kill Sieve, and bring in some backup.

The thing is though, Sieve teleported to me twice, both times 10 seconds after I killed him. How is that not abusing TP for combat advantage? If he wasn't a donator, Sieve wouldn't even have been physically capable of GETTING to me to kill me, let alone getting to me 10 seconds after I killed him both times.

If sieve was a member, he'd have to walk all the way from spawn, assuming he took the coordinates and even knows where I was.
    sieve
    sieve

Post by sieve 2011-04-09, 07:39

I don't know how fast you think i am, but I can't load my /home, gather armor, a sword and food and /tp to you AND load where you were in 10 seconds.

*EDIT* whatever, i'm gonna play LoL, Ves, feel free to bitch and lie all you want
    Vespasian
    Vespasian

Post by Vespasian 2011-04-09, 08:01

sieve wrote:I don't know how fast you think i am, but I can't load my /home, gather armor, a sword and food and /tp to you AND load where you were in 10 seconds.

*EDIT* whatever, i'm gonna play LoL, Ves, feel free to bitch and lie all you want

The logs don't lie, Sieve.

I killed you. Nine seconds later, you TP directly TO me.

I kill you again. Thirteen seconds later, you TP directly TO me and kill me.

If that's not using donator TP power to gain a ridiculous and insurmountable advantage in PVP, I don't know what is. Without your donator rank, you wouldn't have been able to get back to my position for 10 minutes, assuming you even knew where it was. You killed me only because you were able to instantly teleport to my location, which you did twice within a minute.
    sieve
    sieve

Post by sieve 2011-04-09, 08:27

like orc said, i waited, and also let me point out that red and ur goons /sethome right above Mike's base and constantly tped back to kill him. How's that a fair advantage, at least i waited
    pope2142
    pope2142

Post by pope2142 2011-04-09, 08:28

at what point did i do that, mind you i walked and red did too
    sieve
    sieve

Post by sieve 2011-04-09, 08:52

i never said you did, but I saw red and Mikej as shown by this screeny

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and before you say "OMG he was /mc killing," I was building a roof on Mikes house so you people would stop killing him for no reason.

Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-04-09, 08:53

Orcworm wrote:
    Code:
    [04/09/2011 05:51:06 CEST] vespasian117 killed sieve wielding bow & arrow
    [04/09/2011 05:51:32 CEST] vespasian117 killed sieve wielding diamond sword
    [04/09/2011 05:52:36 CEST] sieve killed vespasian117 wielding iron sword
    [04/09/2011 05:55:06 CEST] sieve fell to their death

Code:

Sat Apr 09 05:51:15 CEST 2011 INFO [bLog] : sieve: /tp ves
    Sat Apr 09 05:51:45 CEST 2011 INFO [bLog] : sieve: /tp ves

He teleported to you, gave you ~51 seconds to do something before you both managed to kill each other, I assume due to lag. That doesn't sound like "10 seconds later, sieve TPs to me and kills me instantly from behind." to me.

From what I can deduce from the logs he did attempt to use /mc to gain an advantage, so for that he can consider himself warned and can expect a demotion if this is to happen again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-17, 07:01