Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+6
FillerB
Rendarg
SlaveofRH
Lizardman
Rulyon
Hamosh86
10 posters

What do you think is the best/your most favorite anime?

Hamosh86
    Hamosh86

What do you think is the best/your most favorite anime? Empty What do you think is the best/your most favorite anime?

Post by Hamosh86 2011-04-12, 01:49

Well I didn't find any topics like this. (Sorry if there are)
    So I'll get the ball rolling
    Card Captor Sakura- Japanese version English version is sooooo bad!
    Tsubasa- English and Japanese good
    Full Metal Alchemist- By far the best Very Happy it would be great in any language go and look it up NOW!
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

What do you think is the best/your most favorite anime? Empty Re: What do you think is the best/your most favorite anime?

Post by Rulyon 2011-04-12, 02:48

I agree with Full-Metal Alchemist being on there.
    Avatar: The Last Airbender was a favorite of mine, too.
    Princess Mononke, in terms of anime films is my favorite.
    Chobits is my favorite miniseries, until it got funky weird towards the end.
    Look up the original G-Force cartoon, too. Can't remember it's actual Japanese name, though.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

What do you think is the best/your most favorite anime? Empty Re: What do you think is the best/your most favorite anime?

Post by Lizardman 2011-04-12, 02:54

Hokuto no Ken/Fist of the North Star. It's the only anime/manga I'll admit to liking.
    Hamosh86
    Hamosh86

Post by Hamosh86 2011-04-12, 03:09

Rulyon wrote:I agree with Full-Metal Alchemist being on there.
    Avatar: The Last Airbender was a favorite of mine, too.
    Princess Mononke, in terms of anime films is my favorite.
    Chobits is my favorite miniseries, until it got funky weird towards the end.
    Look up the original G-Force cartoon, too. Can't remember it's actual Japanese name, though.

Omg Princess Mononke? that thing is so violent... and so awesome Smile
    SlaveofRH
    SlaveofRH
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by SlaveofRH 2011-04-12, 03:26

I like FMA as well.. but I have to admit, the ending and movie tangent pissed me off.

My favorites are also Spice and Wolf, Elfen Lied, Gunslinger Girl, Fruits Basket, Full Moon Wo Sagashite, Ouran High School Host Club, Wolfs Rain, R.O.D., Death Note, and of course the movies..
    Hamosh86
    Hamosh86

Post by Hamosh86 2011-04-12, 03:50

SlaveofRH wrote:I like FMA as well.. but I have to admit, the ending and movie tangent pissed me off.

I can see why you didn't like the ending and movie, but I'll say no more for people who want to watch the series. cheers
    Rendarg
    Rendarg
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Rendarg 2011-04-12, 04:02

Cowboy Bebop (damn, first time i cried over a fictional character)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Visions of Escaflowne

Dragonball (normal and Z, but not GT which was crap, and if anyone just loses a single word about Dragonball: Evolution.. i promise ill send him to a world of pain and agony^^)

Sailor Moon (yes, Sailor Moon, im serious, took me 10 years to watch it, but it is without doubt extremly funny and has lovable characters, its rightly one of the most popular anime series in the world)

Trigun

Neon Genesis Evangelion (Now this was a hard one, it gets rather complex, in fact it gets to a point of complexity where its still hard to follow all those philosophic questions, even after having seen the series and movies several times. Leaves you a bit empty inside..)

Samurai Champloo (from the producers of cowboy bebop, the journey of a young girl and two samurai in the japan of edo period, a must-see)

Lupin III (come on, everyone loves him, hes a classic)

Kimi Ni Todoke (yes, its 'Shojo', i damn well know that)

Gurren Lagann (at first i was like "ok what is this crap", but after the first few episodes... i was completely blasted. This series has the most positive message i ever experienced, and without question the greatest final ever, no exceptions)

Naruto / Naruto Shippuuden (my all time favorit, watching / reading it for over 2 years now, i love how the series and characters changed from that little brats back then, to full-grown fighters, ready to take responsibility, and how the overall atmosphere of the series has become more serious, asking questions of what forms a society, and what holds it all together, of course in a more simplified way, but still very impressive)

Hamosh86
    Hamosh86

Post by Hamosh86 2011-04-12, 04:30

When
    Spoiler:
    died in Full metal alchemist I almost cried Sad
    Also is Dragon ball: Evolutions the movie? because if so I really like that. (although it had nothing to do with the series whatsoever)
    FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

Post by FillerB 2011-04-12, 04:46

Who didn't cry at that Hamos? Especially the burial. ;_;
    And yes, Evolutions is the recent life-action movie that somehow managed to rape the franchise even harder than GT did.

As for favourite anime/manga:
    The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer (manga)
    Bakuman (manga)
    Mahou Sensei Negima (manga, the various anime adaptions suck utter balls)
    One Piece (manga, I only bother with the anime for some of the fights)
    FLCL
    Read or Die: the OVA
    Baccano

And if we are counting western anime-like series:
    Wakfu
    Monstaboi
    Monstaboi

Post by Monstaboi 2011-04-12, 05:10

elfen lied
    Rendarg
    Rendarg
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Rendarg 2011-04-12, 05:15

elfenlied is one of those series, where the anime and manga have huge differences, if i remember it right, the whole ending was a different one, a bit wierd i think.
    Monstaboi
    Monstaboi

Post by Monstaboi 2011-04-12, 05:26

yeah, the manga is some 100+ chapters long, much more in detail. still havent finished that sucker
    SlaveofRH
    SlaveofRH
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by SlaveofRH 2011-04-12, 05:46

Hamosh86 wrote:When
    Spoiler:
    died in Full metal alchemist I almost cried Sad
    Also is Dragon ball: Evolutions the movie? because if so I really like that. (although it had nothing to do with the series whatsoever)
    I cried a lot during that anime. D: Almost every story is so sad. Though especially the one with
    Spoiler:
    . Gets me every time. ._.
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-04-12, 05:50

God
    fucking
    damnit
    Slave. Sad
    SlaveofRH
    SlaveofRH
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by SlaveofRH 2011-04-12, 05:58

FillerB wrote:God
    fucking
    damnit
    Slave. Sad
    *Hugs* ;_;
    Hamosh86
    Hamosh86

Post by Hamosh86 2011-04-12, 06:20

I agree with both of you, Full metal alchemist is filled with sad stuff those two cases probably being the most sad.
    This will just break your hear though:
    NOTE THIS IS A SPOILER THAT I COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET IN SPOILER[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Isn't that so sad? Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
    Rendarg
    Rendarg
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Rendarg 2011-04-12, 11:13

Hm, looks like i missed something really interesting there
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-04-12, 11:19

FMA was good... Death Note though... That was awesome... Trigun was fun too, and Berserk is pretty good if you like the manga. I also liked Hellsing...
    Rendarg
    Rendarg
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Rendarg 2011-04-12, 11:43

PetePorty wrote:I also liked Hellsing...
    Admit it, you just like nazi vampires^^

But yeah of course, Hellsing was also cool, Alucard is the awesomeness. Unfortunatly i only watched the anime, which ends after 13 episodes, before the real fun has even started.
    Monstaboi
    Monstaboi

Post by Monstaboi 2011-04-12, 11:48

hm. now everyone list every anime theyve ever started or completed!
    Rendarg
    Rendarg
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Rendarg 2011-04-12, 11:50

I don't have that time Laughing
    Monstaboi
    Monstaboi

Post by Monstaboi 2011-04-12, 11:53

welp, better start early! lol
    SlaveofRH
    SlaveofRH
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by SlaveofRH 2011-04-12, 11:58

Vampire + Rosario is another good one. >>
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-04-12, 12:15

Well, nazi vampires are cool... Is it sad that I only made the Alucard <=> Dracula connection on the last episode... when it was obviously pointed out? Razz

EDIT: Also, for spoilers it's [sp0iler] text [/sp0iler], OFC the "0"s are "o"s.
    skoglol
    skoglol

Post by skoglol 2011-04-15, 10:43

This seems like a thread for me Very Happy

I guess my all time favs are:
    FMA
    One piece
    Naruto (not counting the endless fillers in original series.)
    Elfen Lied
    Great teacher Onizuka
    Full metal panic
    Hajime no Ippo (Boxing anime, I've had some pretty good laughs)
    Hellsing OVA
    Black Lagoon
    Hunter x hunter
    ++

Protip on Hellsing: The original anime is slow and boring, and hardly follows the manga at all. The OVA's however, is as close to the manga as you get it. Unfortunately, they dont release new episodes very often. It started in 2006, and is now at 7/10 episodes, with a new one coming this spring.

And one more thing, I dont get why everyone is so hyped about Death note. I tried watching it a while back, and I would rather gouge my eyes out with a pen than pick it back up again. I guess the manga could be good, but the anime was horribly boring. I almost got to the end, but I had to give up.
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-04-15, 11:27

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-04-15, 11:37

Dat hentai.
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-04-15, 11:39

eh, there weren't any lolcats or other with anime sucks on it
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-04-15, 19:30

patrickfreed wrote:-dumb picture that is dumb-
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That said... why is it that in recent years 95% of all new series is horrible moe crap?
    Rendarg
    Rendarg
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Rendarg 2011-04-15, 21:16

uhm, bad moment to mention i watched/read and enjoyed K-On? Scared
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-04-16, 06:00

Hamosh86 wrote:I agree with both of you, Full metal alchemist is filled with sad stuff those two cases probably being the most sad.
    This will just break your hear though:
    NOTE THIS IS A SPOILER THAT I COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET IN SPOILER[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Isn't that so sad? Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

I was once in a D&D style FMA RP. In it that particular character survived and it was "The Strongarm Alchemist" that died. We all found him incredibly annoying, but LOVED the one being buried.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-02, 22:32