Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+3
GaMerG77
Pete
4o66
7 posters

Client-side mods: What OSs do I need to be writing instructions for?

Poll

What OS are you running?

[ 9 ]
    Client-side mods: What OSs do I need to be writing instructions for? Bar_left53%Client-side mods: What OSs do I need to be writing instructions for? Bar_right [53%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Client-side mods: What OSs do I need to be writing instructions for? Bar_left12%Client-side mods: What OSs do I need to be writing instructions for? Bar_right [12%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Client-side mods: What OSs do I need to be writing instructions for? Bar_left18%Client-side mods: What OSs do I need to be writing instructions for? Bar_right [18%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Client-side mods: What OSs do I need to be writing instructions for? Bar_left0%Client-side mods: What OSs do I need to be writing instructions for? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Client-side mods: What OSs do I need to be writing instructions for? Bar_left6%Client-side mods: What OSs do I need to be writing instructions for? Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Client-side mods: What OSs do I need to be writing instructions for? Bar_left11%Client-side mods: What OSs do I need to be writing instructions for? Bar_right [11%] 

Total Votes: 17
    Poll closed
    4o66
    4o66
    RP Moderator
    RP Moderator

Client-side mods: What OSs do I need to be writing instructions for? Empty Client-side mods: What OSs do I need to be writing instructions for?

Post by 4o66 2011-04-27, 06:46

I am going to start fleshing out a section in the wiki for client side mods like Zan's minimap, but I need to know what OS you are running. Vote!

Edit: Wiki page is under Gameplay, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Last edited by 4o66 on 2011-04-27, 07:08; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I fail at spelling)
    Pete
    Pete

Client-side mods: What OSs do I need to be writing instructions for? Empty Re: Client-side mods: What OSs do I need to be writing instructions for?

Post by Pete 2011-04-27, 06:48

We all know that anyone using Linux already knows what to do, so either Win7, WinXP or Mac. Then again, Macs suck, so... go for Win7 or WinXP, whichever is better for you. ^_^
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Client-side mods: What OSs do I need to be writing instructions for? Empty Re: Client-side mods: What OSs do I need to be writing instructions for?

Post by GaMerG77 2011-04-27, 06:49

There should be it's own tab for this. Did you ask FillerB, 4o?
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-04-27, 06:51

Erm. I use Vista. :/
    4o66
    4o66
    RP Moderator
    RP Moderator

Post by 4o66 2011-04-27, 06:52

PetePorty wrote:We all know that anyone using Linux already knows what to do

I just want to see how many other players have Made The Right Choice™️ Cool
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-04-27, 06:54

Yeah, but only because you're too lazy to get 7.
    Baldymoint7
    Baldymoint7

Post by Baldymoint7 2011-04-27, 07:00

WINDOWS XP!!!!For me Windows 7 fucks up things and I think is suppoused to make people look stupid. Like when I attempt to download something it says stuff like "Can't move this file" or "Thank you for pressing OK Window's now owns your house" <-- jk. But I don't know how people handle Windows 7 I'm just a XP guy even Windows 1998 is better to me.
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-04-27, 07:06

PetePorty wrote:Yeah, but only because you're too lazy to get 7.
    SOOOO TRUE! I updated this sunday...
    4o66
    4o66
    RP Moderator
    RP Moderator

Post by 4o66 2011-04-27, 07:06

GaMerG77 wrote:There should be it's own tab for this. Did you ask FillerB, 4o?
    For the wiki? Already started, under Gameplay, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
    FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

Post by FillerB 2011-04-27, 07:11

Windows XP/Vista/7: Yes, since 90% of the forum uses Windows. Can all be in one guide since there are no major differences between the versions.
    Linux: No. Should already know what they are doing (unless they are of the "I'm So Tech I Use Ubuntu"-variant)
    Mac: Yes. Mac-people are among the most ignorant and idiotic PC-users there are.
    4o66
    4o66
    RP Moderator
    RP Moderator

Post by 4o66 2011-04-27, 07:13

I plan on testing the instruction on most versions of windows (thank you virtualbox!) just in case.
    If enough people are using linux, I may just strat writing scripts for it.
    Baldymoint7
    Baldymoint7

Post by Baldymoint7 2011-04-27, 07:42

FillerB wrote:
    Mac: Yes. Mac-people are among the most ignorant and idiotic PC-users there are.
    SO true but they also have moneys...
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-04-27, 07:44

They have enough money to buy dumb stuff, like every other average person.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-04-27, 08:25

(unless they are of the "I'm So Tech I Use Ubuntu"-variant)

Sad ... ;_;

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-28, 05:16