Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

4 posters

PvP is a problem!

Poll

PvP or not?

[ 8 ]
    PvP is a problem! Bar_left67%PvP is a problem! Bar_right [67%] 
    [ 0 ]
    PvP is a problem! Bar_left0%PvP is a problem! Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 4 ]
    PvP is a problem! Bar_left33%PvP is a problem! Bar_right [33%] 

Total Votes: 12
    battlekid
    battlekid

PvP is a problem! Empty PvP is a problem!

Post by battlekid 2011-01-03, 14:52

People keep on Spawn-Camping, this is crazy. I don't think that this is a good idea, the only way someone can play is with a flyhack (fly over the spawn-campers). And all the campers seem to have chainmail and diamond armor-- where do they get all that? Stealing?

It seems the server cannot handle PvP right now to be honest. I'm already mixed up in a conflict with some of the spawn campers, there were 5 of them constantly guarding the gate!

On a unrelated note, I found 6 stacks of coal and a similarly large quantity of coal today (while mining for hours)... But very little diamond. Where are they getting it? Mods abusing cuboid?

Last edited by battlekid on 2011-01-03, 14:58; edited 1 time in total
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

PvP is a problem! Empty Re: PvP is a problem!

Post by Orcworm 2011-01-03, 14:55

PVP Status sounds like a good idea... Spawn campers can be given a taste of their own medicine, i.e. /god and kill.

But anyway, back to PVP Status, I'll look for something like that tomorrow.
    battlekid
    battlekid

Post by battlekid 2011-01-03, 14:58

Orcworm wrote:PVP Status sounds like a good idea... Spawn campers can be given a taste of their own medicine, i.e. /god and kill.

But anyway, back to PVP Status, I'll look for something like that tomorrow.
    Yeah, there are a few hMod mods that do that. Look around. Oh, and please read my other post on that spawn-camper gang post.
    Havoc928
    Havoc928
    In-Game Mod
    In-Game Mod

Post by Havoc928 2011-01-03, 15:16

i believe the diamond market was messed up because of the orcshire shop.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-01-03, 15:18

I'll run that PVP Status plugin tomorrow, if it doesn't work as well as expected I will be defaulting to PVP-On, after all, that's surely the idea of Survival? Campers won't be a problem, we'll just warn once, then ban.
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-01-03, 16:15

This is mainly 6 people but like arbr says the diamond market has gone down to a low price so new people can get full diamond (if they know how) and spawn camp, but I think a simple extending or a little bigger area around the exit might help counter this just no pvp not heal or anything.

Post by Guest 2011-01-04, 10:00

battlekid wrote:People keep on Spawn-Camping, this is crazy. I don't think that this is a good idea, the only way someone can play is with a flyhack (fly over the spawn-campers). And all the campers seem to have chainmail and diamond armor-- where do they get all that? Stealing?

It seems the server cannot handle PvP right now to be honest. I'm already mixed up in a conflict with some of the spawn campers, there were 5 of them constantly guarding the gate!

On a unrelated note, I found 6 stacks of coal and a similarly large quantity of coal today (while mining for hours)... But very little diamond. Where are they getting it? Mods abusing cuboid?

I do think some mods do abuse cuboid but i do think PVP statues could be good ATM and when we take it out only allow pvp in the arena's.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 18:42