Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+7
LoliTastic
Kn16h7
patrickfreed
Grintendo
4o66
PureCraft
embair
11 posters

Lion's Keep

Poll

What do you think about the color-coded marketplace design?

[ 15 ]
    Lion's Keep Bar_left100%Lion's Keep Bar_right [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Lion's Keep Bar_left0%Lion's Keep Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 15
    Poll closed
    embair
    embair

Lion's Keep Empty Lion's Keep

Post by embair 2011-05-06, 06:12

Lion's Keep Aerial10

Lion's Keep Coat-o12Lion's Keep is no longer a secluded HQ of the Magical Emporium. The teleporters have been linked, the gates have been opened. It's rulers, Galwail and Embair, are looking forward to your visit.

Click the frame below to open a guide around Lion's Keep. Or better, just find the building with our coat-of-arms in your closest major city, use the teleporter inside and explore it yourself!

(For those of you who can't be bothered with using teleporters, -866,84,-740)

Just please keep in mind that we don't aprecciate people building stuff in the surroundings unless we aprove it.

Lion's keep guide:

We hereby issue a list of offers for anyone interested. You can post your response in this topic, PM me or Galwail or tell us ingame. Also feel free to let us know if you'd like to participate in any other way, than those listed here.

Become a Lion's Keep resident

Rent a room in a PvP protected area just a few steps from the marketplace and teleporter hub. Initial fee is 100 gil for a standard room, 50 gil for shack. For the moment there are no regular fees. Should most of the available rooms get occupied, we will move to a minimal regular fee. Nothing that should make us rich, just a way to free up abandoned rooms.

For more details see the message board below.

Become a Lion's Keep partner project

Do you have your own awesome project? Let us know! If we like it and you grant us the permission, we will add a teleporter leading to your area right from the Lion's Keep Mystical Forest. We prefer projects that are not modern era or abstract and maintain a realistic scale (i.e. smaller detailed builds > gigantic cubes).

Become a Lion's Keep builder

Would you like to leave your own touch on the undeveloped area surrounding Lion's Keep? Let us know what are your ideas, but be advised that we are wery picky about who we let to build in the area. Well... actually Galwail's cool, but I'm a real bitch about it. At the very least I will want to see your previous work.

Message Board

Rooms tab:

Contributors:

Mystical Forest destinations

• Caladan by 4o66
    • Vickers palace by Vicker
    • Claw and Gravy town by Bodom&Crackfawxx
    • Reedwood cove town by Psychotron_3000

What we are currently working on

• Expanding the village
    • Searching for more potential destinations from Mystical Forest
    • Finishing up Magical Emporium branch in Eccenotcem (long overdue, damn you Embair)

We'd love to hear your ideas about...

• new destinations for Mystical Forest

Last edited by embair on 2011-05-19, 03:47; edited 10 times in total
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Lion's Keep Empty Re: Lion's Keep

Post by PureCraft 2011-05-06, 06:13

/me want a room Surprised This looks awesome...
    What are you looking at? TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY!
    4o66
    4o66
    RP Moderator
    RP Moderator

Post by 4o66 2011-05-06, 08:08

Galwail and Co.
    I would like to add a link from Caladan. If possible I would like it to be a duplicate of the link tower I have just West of Orcshire, near the Grand (and Dapper!) Orc.

Please let me know, if approved, I will build it and supply any necessary materials.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-05-06, 08:09

Wow this is really cool! How much are rooms going for, i'd like one although i may not use it as my whole storage place :p
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-05-06, 08:14

This is possibly the best built, well planned, and best formatted thing I've ever seen.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-05-06, 08:25

It's seems so un-planned in the fact it's been planned like that perfectly! Amazing, really Smile.
    embair
    embair

Post by embair 2011-05-09, 08:37

Lion's Keep Outski10

Finally we completed the palisade and water moat (god that was tiresome) and can get back to the more interesting stuff. Namely building up the village in the outskirts, and preparing for a grand project on the Creeper Rock.

Furthermore, the Mystical Forest is now actually a forest, thanks to the selfless help from E_Karney, who shall from now on be recognized as the Lion's Keep forester.

The houses in the Village probably won't be available for purchase at least for the time being, we'd like to reserve most of them for contributors. There certainly will be plots freely for sale in the future, but it won't be in the village itself, more on that later.

I update the message board in OP daily, so you can always refer there for up to date information.

Also I want to personally thank for the words of commendation I received from many of you. Keeping the credit whore in me well fed is an important part of what keeps me going Smile.

And one final remark: For anyone who would like to participate, keep in mind that we WANT to incorporate more people in this project. Just let us know what would you see yourself doing, and we will probably let you go ahead with it. I usually don't know ho to react to generic offers of the "I'll help if you need anything" kind. I don't want people doing "anything", I want them to do what they like to and what they are good at Smile.

Last edited by embair on 2011-05-09, 08:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added screenshot)
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-05-09, 08:47

I want ME plot NAOW! Razz Awesome work!
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-05-09, 08:54

Eskimo Contractors Inc. Is now at your service, Free Of Charge! I want to help build the village, as long as a have a few examples of what you want, i can get very similar results. =D just let me know when you need me in my Trade Thread. i get an email when someone post there =3

ill put it in the OP why your getting free work as well as why.
    embair
    embair

Post by embair 2011-05-09, 09:32

@Kn16h7 I'm infinitely happy to hear that! cheers When I contracted you for the sample house earlier today, I was mostly interested in getting another persons view on which materials would be fitting and the overall architecture. But your work made me realize that I am also hugely inexperinced when it comes to both interior and exterior decorations. With Eskimo Contractors, the estimate for Village awesomeness just got x2 multiplier, gonna PM you with a village plan (currently only in my head) and more details tomorow Very Happy.
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-05-09, 10:58

Glad to hear it! and yeah, i believe i found my specialty =3
    LoliTastic
    LoliTastic

Post by LoliTastic 2011-05-11, 09:30

I would like to buy a plot in Lion's Keep. Is it like rent where you have to pay monthly or is it one time?

Also you guys seem to get along with Kn16h7 well,what does a portal to Laputa sound like to you? Because I have a house there
    Imir31d
    Imir31d
    RP Moderator
    RP Moderator

Post by Imir31d 2011-05-11, 09:36

i can see roleplay prospects! Very Happy with your permission, once i expand our section of the forums could we possibly be able to use it as a Roleplay location???
    Galwail
    Galwail
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Galwail 2011-05-11, 09:37

LoliTastic wrote:I would like to buy a plot in Lion's Keep. Is it like rent where you have to pay monthly or is it one time?

Also you guys seem to get along with Kn16h7 well,what does a portal to Laputa sound like to you? Because I have a house there

We have not been there yet. Do you have coordinates of that city, so that we can check it out?
    LoliTastic
    LoliTastic

Post by LoliTastic 2011-05-11, 09:43

Galwail wrote:
    LoliTastic wrote:I would like to buy a plot in Lion's Keep. Is it like rent where you have to pay monthly or is it one time?

We have not been there yet. Do you have coordinates of that city, so that we can check it out?

Posted the coords on the Laputa thread
    embair
    embair

Post by embair 2011-05-11, 10:01

Imir31d wrote:i can see roleplay prospects! Very Happy with your permission, once i expand our section of the forums could we possibly be able to use it as a Roleplay location???

Wow, didn't know there are actually in-game roleplaying plans on orcworm. Seeing Lion's Keep come to life like that would be really awesome! You have my full support!

If you have any ideas for the Keep's "historical" background, I would love to hear that. Currently theres only the rough concept of it being a once independent castle, brought to wealth and glory when Magical Emporium trading company made it its base.

LoliTastic wrote:Posted the coords on the Laputa thread

Don't like the floating dirt rectangle, but I reckon that's just becouse it's work in progress. Other than that i like it a lot, certainly worth a teleporter from Mystical Forest. Gonna work out the details next time I meet Knight.
    LoliTastic
    LoliTastic

Post by LoliTastic 2011-05-11, 10:03

Embair or Galwail may you come online whenever you can. I really wanna buy a plot in Lion's Keep
    Galwail
    Galwail
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Galwail 2011-05-11, 10:10

embair wrote:
    Imir31d wrote:i can see roleplay prospects! Very Happy with your permission, once i expand our section of the forums could we possibly be able to use it as a Roleplay location???

Wow, didn't know there are actually in-game roleplaying plans on orcworm. Seeing Lion's Keep come to life like that would be really awesome! You have my full support!

I will only add one question to that: What exactly do you mean by Roleplay location? Do you want to use it in a forum game or do you intend to actually use it as a place, where people roleplay ingame? (the second one would be awesome)
    Imir31d
    Imir31d
    RP Moderator
    RP Moderator

Post by Imir31d 2011-05-11, 10:43

we are still working out ways to roleplay in-game, but both, we could use it as the location of our medevial roleplay. also for the second thing, you want help with a history? then post a request here give us some guidlines and we will see what we can do for you (Y)
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-05-11, 11:00

embair wrote:Don't like the floating dirt rectangle, but I reckon that's just becouse it's work in progress. Other than that i like it a lot, certainly worth a teleporter from Mystical Forest. Gonna work out the details next time I meet Knight.

Sorry for the late reply, been busy. but as the shape of it goes, yes its because its still being worked on.

i plan to put wool underneath to give it a "Floating on a cloud" look. but i need LOADS of wool for that.

as far as a teleporter, id love one. it dont have to be inside lolis house though, i can give you an embassy plot for it ^^

and ill start working on those house soon too.
    Ciphon
    Ciphon

Post by Ciphon 2011-05-11, 12:48

excellent work you guys, dont forget to let me know when you're selling plots, can't wait to buy one
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-05-17, 02:03

hey, sry i havent been on >.< just got back from a trip and im still haveing family issues, but i can get on some what so im gonna start working on those houses if imir hasnt yet.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-05-17, 02:37

Save me the best plot you can, i can't get on enough time to buy it myself Razz pm me and i'll pay you plenty Razz?
    4o66
    4o66
    RP Moderator
    RP Moderator

Post by 4o66 2011-05-18, 17:27

I would like to rent/buy room 211.
    I also tinkered with the gate/bridge to the outskirts... hope you don't mind. Embarassed

I took a look underneath the keep tonight for the first time... Shocked I don't know how to describe the awe it put me in. It is at least as impressive as the above-ground structures.

Walking around the outskirts reminds me of a movie set... all facades, no real insides. Smile

I also updated the teleport signature from my tower on the forest, so it is working again.
    embair
    embair

Post by embair 2011-05-19, 03:46

4o66 wrote:I would like to rent/buy room 211.
    I also tinkered with the gate/bridge to the outskirts... hope you don't mind. Embarassed

The room is yours, transfer the money (100 gil) to me or Gal when you see any of us. Thanks for the work on the gate and bridge, I love it. Im planning to make a massive use of CraftBook tricks at Lions Keep, but didn't find the time for it yet.

4o66 wrote:
    Walking around the outskirts reminds me of a movie set... all facades, no real insides. Smile

Yeah, It's pretty much a Potemkin village right now :-). I might even leave it upon the future house owners to furnish the insides themselves. You know, purely out of respect for their creativity, totally not because I am lazy Very Happy .

4o66 wrote:I also updated the teleport signature from my tower on the forest, so it is working again.

Thanks for that too.

The progress on Lion's Keep from my part will be slower in the following weeks, as my studies, work, personal life and the release of Terraria have conspired together to steal most of my free time.

Many thanks to Freddy705, who brought up the temple in the Sanctuary area, village church and few houses in the village, all in the past few days.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-05-19, 04:04

Wheres my @Grintendo, we got you the best plot there is. Pay me 0Gil in-game, and it's yours?
    Imir31d
    Imir31d
    RP Moderator
    RP Moderator

Post by Imir31d 2011-05-19, 04:10

me and kn16h7 are about to start the housing now Very Happy ((me needs build right))
    embair
    embair

Post by embair 2011-05-19, 04:20

@Grintendo, we got you the best plot there is. Pay me 10000 Gil in-game, and it's yours?

Nah, just kidding. I have two candidates for you right near the village square, or you can always have a full blown manor, if you don't mind it being a little further from the center. Anyway you will realy have to make your final pick ingame :-).
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-05-19, 05:13

Oooh much thanks, i'll come choose it some time, expect some well deserved Gils!
    monkeyface1010
    monkeyface1010

Post by monkeyface1010 2011-06-16, 22:00

how much are rooms already
    embair
    embair

Post by embair 2011-06-16, 22:39

@monkeyface1010 Rooms are rented for a one-time 100 gil payment. There is no regular fee and probably never will be. See the "Rooms Tab" in the opening post for details.

While I'm at it, I would like to apologize to anyone who might have been trying to reach me in-game in the past few weeks. Various things were keeping me mightily busy, so there was little to no news/progress at Lions Keep recently. I intend to change that soon. In the meantime, I am always reachable via this thread, or a PM.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 19:03