Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+9
Saolite
SlaveofRH
paradox74
Ciphon
StodgY
FillerB
Orcworm
PureCraft
Langse
13 posters

Suggestion for addon / plugin mcMMO RPG style

Langse

Suggestion for addon / plugin mcMMO RPG style  Empty Suggestion for addon / plugin mcMMO RPG style

Post by Langse 2011-05-13, 21:56

Hi i have played on other servers with other plugins like mcmmo where u get skill level ups and such
    I was wondering if any1 was interested in using

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

personally id love see this one on orcworm Smile

i know some of the functions we already have from other plugins but have a look at it
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Suggestion for addon / plugin mcMMO RPG style  Empty Re: Suggestion for addon / plugin mcMMO RPG style

Post by PureCraft 2011-05-13, 22:08

maybe, it haz to be in a specific area tho.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Suggestion for addon / plugin mcMMO RPG style  Empty Re: Suggestion for addon / plugin mcMMO RPG style

Post by Orcworm 2011-05-13, 22:29

I don't really think it would be a good idea to take the server down the whole MMORPG route.
    FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

Post by FillerB 2011-05-13, 22:36

Especially not with it being such a fickle bitch lately.
    StodgY
    StodgY

Post by StodgY 2011-05-13, 22:59

I actually like the point it isn't a RPG kind of thing.... I mean, Minecraft is about building, crafting and having a fun time.

RPG would make it eventually like WoW. "OMG your only got a lvl 3 mining lvl?!?! LOL NEWBIE!"

When skill becomes involved it´s in 1 moment we have a fight on who is best. Because when skill is involved people want items that are for people of lvl 3 or lvl 27 so on.

I like the RPG but not online.... That what makes Minecraft so fun. It´s in a world online and you can do a lot of things, but it´s not an RPG...

Though I have to admit this mod doesn't look stupid at all. I just like Minecraft how it is.

~StodgY

Post by Guest 2011-05-16, 05:58

Alot of the plugins have bugs caused by lag, which has been spiking recently (i.e. In less than a minute of ounching a zombie my Unarmed Combat goes to level 550, making me number 1)
    Ciphon
    Ciphon

Post by Ciphon 2011-05-16, 06:13

hmm i dont think minecraft should turn into runescape, i came to it in the first place because it was different
    paradox74
    paradox74

Post by paradox74 2011-05-16, 06:20

StodgY wrote:
    RPG would make it eventually like WoW. "OMG your only got a lvl 3 mining lvl?!?! LOL NEWBIE!"
    this is exactly why i play minecraft not WoW. i didn't buy minecraft to play WoW
    SlaveofRH
    SlaveofRH
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by SlaveofRH 2011-05-16, 06:21

I kinda like the idea.. as long as they balance it out a bit. They should make a sort of MMO plugin that doesn't change the gameplay but adds to it a bit.. like gaining levels gets you special 'titles' or something. I dunno. Would be fun and wouldn't change anything.
    Saolite
    Saolite

Post by Saolite 2011-05-17, 10:05

The plugin that Langse linked is actually a very, very good one. It is extremely conservative. It does not suddenly give you massive loot chances or whatever -- like a 0.001% chance per rank to get double [Skill]. Example, double wood or double wheat or what have you. The % is so incredibly low that it will never have some huge, awe-inspiring impact. At the same time, it gives a feeling of progression. Personally, I greatly enjoy that.

For those who think it'll suddenly become like WoW or what have you -- it's not quite that aspect of WoW. Level 500 Mining still wouldn't be an 'omgwtfhax' achievement or anything. Not going to suddenly make that person uber at...well...anything. It just adds a sense of progression, some random 0.001% chance of ' Oh dude. I just got double wheat. '. Not game changing, but good for progression, for those who enjoy that.

As said, that specific one is very conservative. More of a 'spice', if you will. I would enjoy it being tested on the server, if nothing else. Personal opinion.
    Albuca
    Albuca
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Albuca 2011-05-17, 10:21

I personally dont like this plugin.
    It ties all your right clicks of tools to it, spams chat like no tomorrow (if this is the same plugin im thinking of).

IMO this server isnt really something that would benefit from it.

-A
    GoDjMike
    GoDjMike

Post by GoDjMike 2011-05-17, 10:24

Albuca wrote:I personally dont like this plugin.
    It ties all your right clicks of tools to it, spams chat like no tomorrow (if this is the same plugin im thinking of).

IMO this server isnt really something that would benefit from it.

-A
    Yea, I would have to agree w/ Alb here, but if there was a server w/ this mod specifically I would definitely play on it. Great mod, just not for our server.
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-05-17, 18:29

There sure is a large number if people interested in RP on a server...
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-05-17, 19:11

True Rulyon, perhaps add this to one of the other many servers Orc has?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 19:16