Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+10
filmjolk
Invision
Orcworm
Pete
pope2142
PureCraft
MrPoisonous
Jarvisd
Rang3ramhard
masterchiefkl
14 posters

Donation Ideas Orc and i have talked about.

masterchiefkl
    masterchiefkl

Donation Ideas Orc and i have talked about. Empty Donation Ideas Orc and i have talked about.

Post by masterchiefkl 2011-01-08, 08:16

Donation packs ideas-
    THESE ARE IDEAS AND IN NO WAY ARE FINAL!! (JUST MY OPINION)

PvP Pack-(5.0 $USD)

2 diamond helm armor
    2 diamond chest armor
    2 diamond leg armor
    2 diamond feet armor
    2 diamond swords
    2 golden apples

Total materials: 28 diamonds, 4 wood, 16 gold, 2 apples
    Total Value as of Jan 7 2011 520 gil

PvE Pack-(5.00 $USD)

8 Diamond Pick axes
    128 torches
    4 buckets
    2 watchs
    64 ladders

Total materials: 15 diamonds, 32 coal, 12 iron, 8 gold, 2 redstone dust, 480 sticks.
    Total Value as of Jan 7 2011 500 gil

Would also be nice to donate straight for things like diamond or obsidian or even gold, iron, glowstone
    Rang3ramhard
    Rang3ramhard

Donation Ideas Orc and i have talked about. Empty Re: Donation Ideas Orc and i have talked about.

Post by Rang3ramhard 2011-01-08, 08:24

nice ideas keep them up
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Donation Ideas Orc and i have talked about. Empty Re: Donation Ideas Orc and i have talked about.

Post by Jarvisd 2011-01-08, 12:05

I am not really into buying your way into the game, you already get tping and the compass tper, but that dosnt seem like to much, look like it would attract some donators Very Happy
    MrPoisonous
    MrPoisonous

Post by MrPoisonous 2011-01-08, 12:21

I totally support this!
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-01-08, 12:28

I like that idea. Very Happy
    masterchiefkl
    masterchiefkl

Post by masterchiefkl 2011-01-08, 12:34

i asked a few times today and i got a bunch of people responding that they liked the idea, both existing donors and non donors alike seemed to think it was a good idea.

If all items got through donations can be obtained anyways through the game this is not unfair.
    pope2142
    pope2142

Post by pope2142 2011-01-08, 13:58

I like the idea, but would not pay for as easily to get items as such. if you added just a bit more, i'd find it reasonable. (personal opinion)
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-01-08, 14:47

Ok, that's exactly the problem. I think this is a horrible idea of someone selling his server. Luckily, said person hasn't agreed completely yet, so I've still got hope in the server. Now, back to what I said was exactly the problem, you're not buying stuff, you're DONATING. Of course, these people seem to think that when you donate, you need to get something in return. I'm actually fine with the idea of being nice to the people who keep the server alive, and even give them things like compass TP, a VERY desired thing, and reserved slots, which are great sometimes. The colored name is a great idea too, it gives them status, which is a very good thing.

Of course, I wouldn't judge Orc if he decided to approve the idea, since we're all human and we all gotta pay bills, but it would indeed become the kind of server I wouldn't like to play on.
    masterchiefkl
    masterchiefkl

Post by masterchiefkl 2011-01-09, 00:42

the reason i thought of calling them donations still is because on most games this type of thing is usually illegal (Google scapegaming lawsuit)but since Minecraft is such an amazing game where is not illegal to own a private server as well as encouraged to make them. There is no legal recourse..

Orc could change it do buy if hed like, buy pvp pack 1 and so on, still have the donor stuff for donors but this stuff would be for product buyers.

either way theres nothing wrong with paying for something obtainable through the game anyway.

It happens with every new game that has come out in the last 5 years, from mafia wars 2 on face book(the most payed game all the way to eveony.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-01-09, 02:54

I thought of something that would be a little fairer, what about donating to get a build zoned? Could enforce a maximum zone size and charge something like £2.50 per zone.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-01-09, 03:29

Orcworm wrote:I thought of something that would be a little fairer, what about donating to get a build zoned? Could enforce a maximum zone size and charge something like £2.50 per zone.

THAT is a great idea.
    masterchiefkl
    masterchiefkl

Post by masterchiefkl 2011-01-09, 03:53

Orcworm wrote:I thought of something that would be a little fairer, what about donating to get a build zoned? Could enforce a maximum zone size and charge something like £2.50 per zone.

that is another great thing that we could donate for. Really good idea m8.
    Invision
    Invision
    Forum Developer
    Forum Developer

Post by Invision 2011-01-09, 04:32

Great idea!

Make up some more trades, and it could be used.! Smile
    filmjolk
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by filmjolk 2011-01-09, 11:39

we should have a maximum zone size, like 40x40 or just 25x25, enough to cover chests and a small house. having large areas zoned will create trouble in the future, i support
    sgtmanbearpig9
    sgtmanbearpig9

Post by sgtmanbearpig9 2011-01-10, 13:32

I think the zoning idea is great because anyone can go off and mine or buy diamonds... having a zoned building area in my opinion would be a much more sought after thing.
    Number255
    Number255

Post by Number255 2011-01-12, 11:15

I registered just to say that I agree with that kind of thing Smile

Edit* Although my little area is 60x60 lol

Last edited by Number255 on 2011-01-12, 11:17; edited 1 time in total
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-01-12, 11:16

We will have to clean up the zone list sometime, then I'll add that, more money = Very Happy.
    Invision
    Invision
    Forum Developer
    Forum Developer

Post by Invision 2011-01-12, 11:17

Orcworm wrote:We will have to clean up the zone list sometime, then I'll add that, more money = Very Happy.

More "Very Happy" = Less EMO Griefers?
    Just take a look at my signature made by Rang3ramhard, it makes me smile everytime I look at it! Smile
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-01-12, 11:19

BigBrother = No griefers Very Happy.

On a somewhat related note, if I received the same amount of donations every month as I have this month, I could lease a 24GB Server (200+ slots easily) and still have a few quid left over, haha.
    Invision
    Invision
    Forum Developer
    Forum Developer

Post by Invision 2011-01-12, 11:24

Orcworm wrote:BigBrother = No griefers Very Happy.

On a somewhat related note, if I received the same amount of donations every month as I have this month, I could lease a 24GB Server (200+ slots easily) and still have a few quid left over, haha.

Sounds awesome, should have donated myself, but I'm 1'500 NOK (Norwegian Valuta) in minus after buying new PC. And I don't have paypal either, so it would have to be through OneBid phone transfer.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-01-12, 11:25

Naw, send me it through the post, just might take a while to get here.
    Invision
    Invision
    Forum Developer
    Forum Developer

Post by Invision 2011-01-12, 11:27

Orcworm wrote:Naw, send me it through the post, just might take a while to get here.

In Norwegian valuta? Haha, I don't even know where to take out Euro or Pound. Haha.. Would take like 1 month btw?
    Number255
    Number255

Post by Number255 2011-01-12, 11:33

You throw in all the cool stuff for donators plus that zoning and you got some from me in a day or 2.
    Invision
    Invision
    Forum Developer
    Forum Developer

Post by Invision 2011-01-12, 11:34

Number255 wrote:

You throw in all the cool stuff for donators plus that zoning and you got some from me in a day or 2.

Sounds awesome! We are bringing more updates and better features as often and soon as possible! Hope you will donate Smile!
    Number255
    Number255

Post by Number255 2011-01-12, 11:36

On the note of updates are you switching from hmod to bukkit or whatever for the multi-threading issue?
    Invision
    Invision
    Forum Developer
    Forum Developer

Post by Invision 2011-01-12, 11:37

Number255 wrote:On the note of updates are you switching from hmod to bukkit or whatever for the multi-threading issue?

Ask Orcworm Razz! I think he went to bed now, it's 0:30 AM for him so.
    Number255
    Number255

Post by Number255 2011-01-12, 11:39

Well just to throw it out there for reference.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You guys probly already know about it but if not there you go Very Happy Hope it helps even a little.
    TangyLimeOrgasm

Post by TangyLimeOrgasm 2011-01-12, 17:21

Zoning and admin-based ideas that you can charge for is great, but items and stuff?

What is this? Team Fortress 2?
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-01-12, 18:41

Number255 wrote:On the note of updates are you switching from hmod to bukkit or whatever for the multi-threading issue?

My test server already uses Bukkit. 'Upgrading' will be a harrowing process...
    Masuary
    Masuary
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Masuary 2011-01-12, 19:46

I don't support the zoning idea, although the Armor sets ect stated in the first post seems like a fair "reward" for a donation.

Don't forget what a donation is guys: Donations are gifts given without return consideration.

For this I'm happy with the extra features we already get as donators!
    Number255
    Number255

Post by Number255 2011-01-12, 20:00

What you said about donations is true. But it's also nice to get things for such a simple game in return for something not so simple. Plus it would get more people to donate that would never donate if not for a "reward"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 14:42