Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+12
filmjolk
Cagu
Xltimus
whitejack
Orcworm
Baldymoint7
paradox74
Ciphon
Hamosh86
Grintendo
FillerB
Gornemant
16 posters

Building above someone else = griefing? Yes/No

Poll

No building atop someone else's creation

[ 0 ]
    Building above someone else = griefing? Yes/No Bar_left0%Building above someone else = griefing? Yes/No Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Building above someone else = griefing? Yes/No Bar_left17%Building above someone else = griefing? Yes/No Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 34 ]
    Building above someone else = griefing? Yes/No Bar_left74%Building above someone else = griefing? Yes/No Bar_right [74%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Building above someone else = griefing? Yes/No Bar_left9%Building above someone else = griefing? Yes/No Bar_right [9%] 

Total Votes: 46
    Gornemant
    Gornemant
    Donator
    Donator

Building above someone else = griefing? Yes/No Empty Building above someone else = griefing? Yes/No

Post by Gornemant 2011-05-23, 19:58

As we are not allowed to post in ban appeals, I would like to discuss this in here instead, for all to voice their opinion.
    I would prefer if you keep your flaming, spamming, drama, trolling, complaints and ban issues out of this topic. I would like the forum staff to remove said posts when they do happen before the discussion ends as well, if possible.

I am not opening this discussion to troll or light up drama that is already in progress, I just think that this rules should also clearly apply to any above ground player construction (as in clearly visible, like houses etc..) and fenced areas and not just bigger towns. I would personally hate to see someone starting to build yet another sky city or any other kind of random platform above my fenced area and house, as I would consider this a dick/grief move not any different from a certain griefer group (the cobblecloud on spacemonkey, if that rings a bell to you).
    I did not include any underground structures, as you can't see them or know they are there unless you clearly mark them above ground.

Quote by Jarvisd that I wanted to comment on, irrelevant (ban appeal) information has been removed. ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )
    Jarvisd wrote:In my opinion building over some city which is about to be zoned is griefing. I mean, I can't go and build my house above grintendos shop? Razz That is my logic and we will see where it goes in appeal.

Thoughts, opinion? Smile
    FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

Building above someone else = griefing? Yes/No Empty Re: Building above someone else = griefing? Yes/No

Post by FillerB 2011-05-23, 20:04

"All of the above and non-fenced houses (or obvious player constructions)"

There is PLENTY of space left on the map so people can go bugger off to another, uninhabited, area if they feel the need to make a godawful floating construction.
    This ALSO means Rune-waypoints-over-houses. I don't know which Staff authorized that but you are a stupid asshole.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Building above someone else = griefing? Yes/No Empty Re: Building above someone else = griefing? Yes/No

Post by Grintendo 2011-05-23, 20:17

"All of the above and non-fenced houses (or obvious player constructions)"

100%
    Hamosh86
    Hamosh86

Post by Hamosh86 2011-05-23, 20:28

ya 4/4 votes go to the right one
    Ciphon
    Ciphon

Post by Ciphon 2011-05-24, 00:31

some idiot at the spawn built that giant ugly wooden structure thing over my "dont build in this area please" zone, yet you dont here me complaining, but still i think that sounds about right not to be allowed to build over someone elses house, cause what if they were planning to expand it upwards, but now they can't?
    paradox74
    paradox74

Post by paradox74 2011-05-24, 01:18

I personally have a small humble house on the ground and am quite happy with it, but If some asshole were to build their "sky city" above my house thus blocking the sun and making mobs spawn by my house during the day, I would be mad. Also I live in a secluded area and I would hate to see a house right above mine when there is plenty of open room all around me.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-05-24, 01:24

Extending on from this, the huge "sky city" just outside the spawn gate, seriously? Can we take some action on that since...

1) It's fugly
    2) Spawns mobs
    3) They keep extending
    4) Soon the whole spawn area will be covered in darkness...
    paradox74
    paradox74

Post by paradox74 2011-05-24, 01:34

Grintendo wrote:Extending on from this, the huge "sky city" just outside the spawn gate, seriously? Can we take some action on that since...

1) It's fugly
    2) Spawns mobs
    3) They keep extending
    More or less exacty what I was talking about. Hopefully in 1.6 we can change the rules to fix this.
    Gornemant
    Gornemant
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Gornemant 2011-05-24, 02:01

Grintendo wrote:Extending on from this, the huge "sky city" just outside the spawn gate, seriously? Can we take some action on that since...

1) It's fugly
    2) Spawns mobs
    3) They keep extending
    My thoughts exactly.
    Devilsfan65 claims that it's his land, though even though he has a zone there, it is not 50 by 50 like he claims it to be, and he build far beyond his zone and over other people's work as well, not to mention that he builds right above the exit stairs.
    Baldymoint7
    Baldymoint7

Post by Baldymoint7 2011-05-24, 02:26

I also agree with Filler I mean theres still a shitload of space leaft on the map,
    we just wiped it like what 2months ago? Some people are just douchs trying to
    make you angry. If i had this happen to me I'd be pissed but then again my treehouse
    is like on the brink of the top of the map...
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-05-24, 07:00

I PMed the owner of that Skymonstrosity (and made a sign in front of what I think his main entrance is).
    He has until Saturday to remove all excessive bits of it (anything not in his zone that is over the paths/other houses) or I will do it for him.

Seriously what do people find so entertaining about those floating pieces of crap? If you're gonna make something like that at least have the decency to make it small and not look like shit.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-05-24, 07:53

Cheers Filler, i didn't realised it's zoned? That's worse than me zoning my plot outside the spawn...
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-05-24, 07:56

Only like a quarter of the thing is actually zoned.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-05-29, 03:18

Just looked at it now, it's even further extended, the stairs is rapidly loosing light...

Necro'd: Wondering if any progress is been made/planned?
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-05-29, 03:21

I'm gonna' move it when I have time, probably when this attack crap is over with.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-05-29, 03:23

Awesome, cheers Smile
    whitejack
    whitejack

Post by whitejack 2011-05-29, 03:35

Hello. I helped make the sky platform with devilsfan, i did not intend to grief people. The reason why it is floating is we are trying to farm trees and sell them and a sky platform seemed to be the best way to protect the trees from other players. Tt will be moved when the server comes back up. again we are sorry for all the trouble.
    Xltimus
    Xltimus

Post by Xltimus 2011-05-30, 05:58

Building above someone's 'work' without their permission, in my opinion is griefing. Unless of course its a multi-leveled city or something.

1) It's fugly
    2) Spawns mobs
    3) They keep extending

A) A lot of them are pretty much flat squares made out of dirt. I would personally like to see one thats considered... Breathtaking? Floating ruins/Ancient Civilization type deal maybe?
    B) Squares are easy to extend, a planned layout is a bit different,
    C) If they built these things over lakes and oceans, that solves quite a bit of the problem.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-05-30, 06:22

whitejack wrote:Hello. I helped make the sky platform with devilsfan, i did not intend to grief people. The reason why it is floating is we are trying to farm trees and sell them and a sky platform seemed to be the best way to protect the trees from other players. Tt will be moved when the server comes back up. again we are sorry for all the trouble.

Don't worry you haven't griefed as such. Your building is just unwanted really, you didn't build over people apart from the spawn, it's just that things like that in that area are a bad idea. Not grief though, don't worry about that.
    Cagu
    Cagu

Post by Cagu 2011-05-30, 10:09

Hey my base is a floating island! Though I built it over a lake and a decent few minutes away from the spawn and it as existed for months now. It's not complete but when it's done I'll throw a house party.
    filmjolk
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by filmjolk 2011-06-01, 21:04

Someone built a spawn town ontop of the minecart station in spawn!

what about ppl building under you? What you cant see cant hurt you? "My view is ruined!!!!" Get over it, what about your future basement? oh wait! you cant, cause someone pulled an underground highway b(e)low your house.

Ofcourse its easier to tell if something is above your buildings (above ground), but in my opinion, what lies below is far more important. But then again, minecraft is, for a lot of ppl, about the aesthetic value.
    menaceofri
    menaceofri

Post by menaceofri 2011-06-02, 04:44

haha yes, down with sky monstrosity's! I agree with whomever it was that said it first, building above/below someones land intentionally is trespassing you limit that persons creative talents by limiting them from expanding their vision upwards or downwards, its a different story if you dont know its there, otherwise find your own plot of ground to stake your claim on the world. A common rule that I LOVE and think every server should include would be something like, No buildings that are excessively impractical. Creative 2.0 is fine, but towns floating on a whim are just meh, so ugly and ruins the land under themaswell. I build a sky village once, and then i supported it with iron colums, and X-braces. obviously i voted NO building on other peoples land. and sorry for posting in the original ban appeal at first.
    killerdonkey1
    killerdonkey1

Post by killerdonkey1 2011-06-02, 04:51

Hey cagu can I come too house party Very Happy
    shades
    shades

Post by shades 2011-06-02, 22:56

So what your not aloud to build underground?
    Albuca
    Albuca
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Albuca 2011-06-02, 23:03

shades wrote:So what your not aloud to build underground?
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    shades
    shades

Post by shades 2011-06-02, 23:04

wtf ? i just asked a question.
    shades
    shades

Post by shades 2011-06-02, 23:05

yeah my bad i read wrong.. ;l dont cry about it ok
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-06-02, 23:07

Take your attitude elsewhere shades.
    shades
    shades

Post by shades 2011-06-02, 23:08

Yes sirr just in shitty mood. dont mean to take it out on peepz.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-06-03, 00:48

Avoid double posts as well...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-21, 05:20