Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+7
Imir31d
GaMerG77
Baldymoint7
Orcworm
Grintendo
Kn16h7
NeoCopyman
11 posters

This ones going to be a bitch to figure out.

NeoCopyman
    NeoCopyman

This ones going to be a bitch to figure out. Empty This ones going to be a bitch to figure out.

Post by NeoCopyman 2011-06-04, 17:49

Ehhh many a few weeks ago I went out in search of a new base all the way to the ends of the map. I came across this horrible demolished hunk of Mossy Cobblestone and trees, it looked like a base taking shape but was abandoned with no chests or anything left. I messed around and decided on rebuilding it up. I had a chat with Xltimus about it the following day and told him to do a check on it, I couldn't remember his name but he said he hadn't been on the server for a month or so and told me that it was probably alright to claim it as my base. Mind you this was before the 1.6 update and rules update So I rebuilt it.

I worked down and up and made it secure then I went on to camouflaging it and making it look somewhat nice and created a mine and a nether portal and made it my Main HQ Hub. I went offline for a week when the server needed an update and finally logged back in today to find new structures and a my access ports covered up and different stairs etc etc. I about freaked out and remined my ports and dug around my chest to find a cane farm behind my chests and new tunnels, then I saw a sign in that hidden room that said "talk to neocopyman about reclaiming base"

First thing that went through my mind was and still is Fuck No. I fixed it, Did a total revamp of it, Made it a little more stealthy and dug out a few mines and made a small netherport. I'm all for people reclaming something when someone just moved in and did nothing to it, but when your offline for two months with no forewarning, forum posts, or grief reports and the base has been fortified, then wants to reclaim it after that. Just No. Fuck No. I might have given it up had he had the decency to post in the forums or do something other than what he did. Staff, hopefully you can find a solution to this because its my main base that I redid, and I would just like it back.
    -Neo

Last edited by NeoCopyman on 2011-06-06, 03:14; edited 1 time in total
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

This ones going to be a bitch to figure out. Empty Re: This ones going to be a bitch to figure out.

Post by Kn16h7 2011-06-04, 20:09

iv seen what hes done to this place, it looks really nice, and im sure logs will show its mostly built by him. dont take this from him, he put alot of work into it.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

This ones going to be a bitch to figure out. Empty Re: This ones going to be a bitch to figure out.

Post by Grintendo 2011-06-04, 20:22

IMO i don't like the claiming of any homes, if a player has been inactive for a large amount of time, it's best removing the home rather than relocating it's owner. Also seems unfair that you claimed his base, even if a month had passed.
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-06-04, 21:14

if you had read his post more clearly, ud see that the place was destroyed, basically rubble. if it was a perfectly fine home, that be different. if it was some type of tower/farm/other useful build, that be different. but it was seemingly abandon, cobblestone ruins. hes the one that built the base. he just used the ruins as a foundation for it. its not like hes kicking him out of a 2 story, 30x30 home, with 10-15 chest and crap already there.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-06-04, 21:43

I have read the post and i understand it. If it was ruins, why would you require to use it as a foundation? If it was so unimportant and not worthy of being remained claimed by the first owner why would you try and "steal" it? Obviously there is a reason why he took it, and therefore there is a reason why the "previous owner" would want it back.
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-06-05, 05:53

im going to go with the fact of the idea. iv always wanted to find something unwanted and destroyed, and remodel it, even improve it from what it might have been before. my guess is he did it because of the idea, the feeling of accomplishment. or maybe not, maybe im just weird like that .-.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-06-05, 07:09

Paragraphs, jesus christ.
    Baldymoint7
    Baldymoint7

Post by Baldymoint7 2011-06-05, 07:26

His 5th grade Grammar teacher hated him... Yes please revise. Thats a bitch to read.
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-06-05, 08:17

Baldymoint7 wrote:His 5th grade Grammar teacher hated him... Yes please revise. Thats a bitch to read.
    Says the one who also had grammar and spelling as if he was in 5th grade. Razz I guess being a donator changed that.
    Imir31d
    Imir31d
    RP Moderator
    RP Moderator

Post by Imir31d 2011-06-05, 09:08

GaMerG77 wrote:
    Baldymoint7 wrote:His 5th grade Grammar teacher hated him... Yes please revise. Thats a bitch to read.
    Says the one who also had grammar and spelling as if he was in 5th grade. Razz I guess being a donator changed that.

my section changed that Very Happy

ontopic:

i personally would avoid claiming abandoned structure due to permanent bans no long being permanent in recent times...
    Baldymoint7
    Baldymoint7

Post by Baldymoint7 2011-06-05, 11:00

Well partially, because I've picked up a bit in school too. I just like to read things without trying to figure out wtf? people mean, like in my class sometimes my friends (Yes I actually do have friends) ask me to read what they got so far and I tell them WTF? is this? Then they would explain and figure that they had made mistakes eventho I can't read the damned thing.
    Rykleos
    Rykleos

Post by Rykleos 2011-06-05, 11:31

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Derailed.
    menaceofri
    menaceofri

Post by menaceofri 2011-06-05, 21:31

Ontopic, The fact that it wasnt natural materials and clearly something build by a player, possibly he started building it then ran out of time to play minecraft (real life happens i promise). Rather than writing here are my keypoints

1.The player wasnt banned.
    2.It was obviously a player made base(even if partial).
    3.You didnt ask for a claim on forums.

In summation, it was his land as claimed by his original foundation blocks, you basically griefed his rubble with your base.
    NeoCopyman
    NeoCopyman

Post by NeoCopyman 2011-06-06, 03:04

A) Sorry about the bad grammar and sentence structure my English teacher probably would've killed me but for the lack of better timing when I logged in and typed that (1am) It just came out that way.

B) The fact that the base was a bunch of holes with no structure below the water line a hole for a door merited that it was someones base I set up shop there and waited until a admin came on.
    Later that day when Xltimus did come on I asked him to and he checked the logs for me and everything and said that since it was so griefed and the original owner hadn't been on in a month,At the time of the check which now it means hes been off for two months, with no reason stated on the forums or anything, X said to just do what I wanted to it.

C)I came back after the 1.6 server update and found the base reworked with tunnels my holes covered up and a farm built. My question is, even if the owner had come back after the two months and found the base fixed up and rebuilt, Why would he just go into remodeling it without A)reporting a grief or B) Posting on the Forums?

So yeah. Side note to menaceofri: I've always asked about claiming actual bases on the forums, for everything else I just ask an admin if its ok to, and usually depending on the shape they'll tell me to go nuts or ask on the forum.

Also who was the original owner I this house? Its been a month or since the check so I can'remember.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-06-06, 03:32

D3RGPS31, or whatever he's called.
    NeoCopyman
    NeoCopyman

Post by NeoCopyman 2011-06-06, 03:43

Ok so he did post in the forums, only about underground tunnels. Which were rolled back when he was banned for what ever reason, So now this turns into a Greif report. D3RGPS31 griefed my base when he came back from a ban (Not sure how possible that is) so yeah, my /home is the entire base gimme a time and i'll walk you through etc etc
    Linky to the post by em.https://orcworm.forumotion.co.uk/t3142-my-base-is-gone-v

Last edited by NeoCopyman on 2011-06-06, 04:02; edited 3 times in total
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-06-06, 03:58

A grief report for what? You crushed his base with your own. He was unbanned after many months and was wondering what had happened. This is why taking structures over is a bad practice.
    NeoCopyman
    NeoCopyman

Post by NeoCopyman 2011-06-06, 04:03

His base was rolled back, after unbanning he built through out my base
    Thought thats what merits griefing
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-06-06, 04:10

Oooh! So that's why this is why he has been constantly whining about loosing his home...
    NeoCopyman
    NeoCopyman

Post by NeoCopyman 2011-06-06, 04:15

Grintendo wrote:Oooh! So that's why this is why he has been constantly whining about loosing his home...
    Doesn;t seem like he "lost" his home when he built a moderately big one right where it was
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-06-06, 04:20

The ruin part may have been my fault as I did an area of 4000 at the site of his base itself. Not sure where his base was located in comparison to the "ruins" but I think it was at least 4000 blocks away from where I rolled his base back.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-06-06, 04:22

Yarwood rolls back with a 30,000 radius as I've noticed in the log, should probably try that ;p.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-06-06, 04:25

Def gonna start doing that now. :3
    NeoCopyman
    NeoCopyman

Post by NeoCopyman 2011-06-06, 04:29

Orcworm wrote:Yarwood rolls back with a 30,000 radius as I've noticed in the log, should probably try that ;p.
    XD But Yeah. So whats going to happen Orc? I'd like to know so I can prep a plan of action
    menaceofri
    menaceofri

Post by menaceofri 2011-06-06, 04:37

When i roll someone off the server i roll them back 33000 which is the highest number i have ever gotten from lb so i assume its the maximum size of the world. Sorry for seeing humor in two people owning one base and both claiming grief on each other. Nothing else to add to this post G'day.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-06-06, 04:41

NeoCopyman wrote:
    Orcworm wrote:Yarwood rolls back with a 30,000 radius as I've noticed in the log, should probably try that ;p.
    XD But Yeah. So whats going to happen Orc? I'd like to know so I can prep a plan of action

I think a stalemate would be appropriate, you've both done things you shouldn't have.

I guess if your structure is completely above ground I could move it somewhere else.
    NeoCopyman
    NeoCopyman

Post by NeoCopyman 2011-06-06, 04:59

Ehh Mmmk. Let me mark off this stuff as to how far down is my base. So lemme get on so you can mark it. Theres the telerune room, and then after that its just the top part of the base. Heres (located on the map) where I want my base to be moved to. From point A To Point B
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Close up of the desired area

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Preffereably right in that spot.

When will you be on Orc So I can tell you what is apart of my base. Because it goes down I think a little more than 30 blocks below the water surface.
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-06-06, 05:03

The 30,000 radiuses seems to cause a bit of lag with the new LogBlock.. Sad
    Baldymoint7
    Baldymoint7

Post by Baldymoint7 2011-06-06, 06:27

Hahah nice circles...Well this is Minecraft...
    NeoCopyman
    NeoCopyman

Post by NeoCopyman 2011-06-08, 01:25

Actually Orc, simply because it was a mistake, I would like you to go to that base (/ my home set) and just rollback everything I did in that area by a 500 500 radius. I already removed my chests so the way i see it is if he wants to reclaim it, he can restart it completely with out my work there at all.
    I think that it would be alot easier in the long run to do this so you won't have to do anything extra.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 05:49