Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+4
patrickfreed
Orcworm
Baldymoint7
Pete
8 posters

Suggestions?

Pete
    Pete

Suggestions? Empty Suggestions?

Post by Pete 2011-06-07, 09:34

Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition
    Just Cause 2
    Killing Floor
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

All that for $154.96 USD

The thing is; I've got twice as much to spend, and I don't know what to get... So... Topic title?

(I'm 99,9% sure Terraria isn't worth it, and the say Black Ops sucks... I was thinking BRINK? Maybe The Witcher? New Vegas? Deus Ex? Rift? Mass Effect?)

Edit: Knights of the old republic? Civ IV? Bioshock? Battlefield? Rome: Total War? Dragon Age?

I'm into strategy and RPGs, in general, but I also like a goo shooter every now and then...
    Baldymoint7
    Baldymoint7

Suggestions? Empty Re: Suggestions?

Post by Baldymoint7 2011-06-07, 10:13

Save money until the release date, and buy Skyrim!. I think Assassin's Creed II was a rip-off, and New Vegas was like a Big Add-on. Finally, Bioshock was awesome get it!!.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-06-07, 10:14

Don't waste your money on crap, i.e. anything but Killing Floor. Grab Mount and Blade: Warband while you're at it, it's like £5.

"BRINK? Maybe The Witcher? New Vegas? Deus Ex? Rift? Mass Effect?)

Edit: Knights of the old republic? Civ IV? Bioshock? Battlefield? Rome: Total War? Dragon Age?"

No, Yes, No, Yes, No, Yes

No, Yes, No, No, Yes, Yes
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-06-07, 10:17

Pre order battlefield 3 and skyrim Razz
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-06-07, 10:35

The Witcher
    Deus Ex
    Mass Effect
    Civ IV
    Rome: Total War
    Dragon Age
    Mount and Blade: Warband
    Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition
    Just Cause 2
    Killing Floor
    Valve Complete Pack
    Bioshock
    Skyrim
    Battlefield

That's $360 It's a LOT of money.... ;_; Maybe wait until Christmas and hope for some of those to be cheaper?

I was thinking about taking out the complete pack and just getting HL2+L4D2, but I really want Portal 2....
    Maybe I should take out The Witcher, it's pretty expensive...
    Mount & Blade is 30 bucks, so... That's prolly going out.
    I'm thinking of not gettig Deus Ex either, although I loved the first one...
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-06-07, 10:58

Isn't Portal 2 in the Valve Complete Pack?
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-06-07, 11:00

Yeah, it is; but the pack is 100 bucks... It's a little bit too much, considering I prolly won't be playing CS or any of the other faggotry in there, and I already got TF2... I wish it was on the orange box, but... It isn't.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-06-07, 11:04

Since when did you actually pay for games?
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-06-07, 11:20

Since I went to DC and have $370 left over... I WOULD pay for games if I had the money, and since I do have some for this one time... Also, I'm tired of pirating stuff... Kinda... Not really. Maybe I could pirate Portal 2 and The Witcher? And maybe a couple more, but pay for the rest? IDK... I should really pay for the ones that require STEAM to play online, since doing that with pirated ones is a bitch.
    sieve
    sieve

Post by sieve 2011-06-07, 11:31

Brink will definatly be dropping in price soon, also you can find better deals for most of those games if you buy the physical copy online, I know youre in Chile so region locking might be an issue, but for instance bioshock on ebay I can find for 5$, while on steam its 20. You save money and memory on you computer. Just Cause 2 I found for $7.20 at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and thats a worldwide code. Warband I found for 15 but its a North American copy. I could go on, but you get the idea. I tend to only buy steam games when they are for sale. If you MUST have these games on steam, wait till Christmas for some killer sales
    menaceofri
    menaceofri

Post by menaceofri 2011-06-07, 11:59

Dude, Realize you are 16 and have money burning a hole in your pocket, but put it in the bank pro, pirate all the single player games and you'll have plenty of game time to keep you busy until the next gen games come out. Ones to look forward to are skyrim and battlefield 3. Skyrim will be piratable probably before it hits retail if its anything like oblivion it will be worth the download.

Most of the games you mentioned are pretty old and definitely not worth purchasing. Dragon age 1 was a whole ton of talking, which i like rpgs i like to read into the story but if you like more action stay away you are pausing the game every 3 seconds of combat to reissue commands, dragon age 2 was more action than story which made it more like diablo than dragon age. Short and not replayable in my book.
    You can get the games for free, spend the money on something you cant get for free. The problem i was talking about earlier happens with my dsi, i can download everygame for the system for free, so ive got 100 games and can only play one at a time, usually put like 10 hours into a game and move onto something else so i end up with 95 games not even beaten, cant remember storylines. definitely get one at a time so you can give them the full appreciation.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-06-07, 12:06

Then again; that'd be morally incorrect, following Kant's moral rules, which are the ones I've chosen to follow for my life. I've always said piracy is ok if you don't have the money to pay for software, but if you do; you're just another scum bag.

Also, you clearly don't know how banks work in here. Razz
    menaceofri
    menaceofri

Post by menaceofri 2011-06-07, 12:14

how banks work in where? hide the money in your pillow if you must. even though you are 16 you must have something more important to spend your money on, when i was 16 i was supporting myself and my father, so i never had the luxury of extra money and i still dont. I dont consider pirating immoral in anyway.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-06-07, 12:29

Well, for one; it's illegal. Also, having the money to pay for something and still stealing it is plainly wrong. Also, dollars are worth shit in here.
    menaceofri
    menaceofri

Post by menaceofri 2011-06-07, 13:27

Well if it comes down to it having to be games you spend this money on, and keeping it or spending it on anything else is completely out of the question. Battlefield 3 and skyrim will both be amazing. if you want games that are out, from your list

~ACII repetative as hell, but good long enough and multiplayer offers you something different.
    ~Mass effect had a good story and had rpg elements while remaining primarily a shooter, the first one you spent 90% of your time looking for recources on random planets, the second one was ~20 hours as i recall enjoyable but no replay value for me.
    ~The witcher, enjoyable game, I never beat it so not sure how it keeps you in towards the end (my computer is weak)
    ~One not on your list but very enjoyable to me was the gothic series, with a good computer they are playable, Its action/rpg swords and magick. First one has wonky controls but i loved it, second one was much more refined. third one had huge memory leaks and bugs which made it unplayable on my comptuer, never played the newest one but it seemed very linear.
    ~Civ series, lost my interest when halberdiers took down my fighter jets.
    ~Total war, good series but the battles are extremely repetative and sometimes too micromanaging.
    ~Mount and blade, enjoyable not finished (i purchased the original months and months before retail) but very enjoyable, sometimes getting on your feet is seemingly impossible and i dont enjoy the factions system (join a kingdom 10 minutes into the game, being chased by armys hundred strong 15 minutes in), but the mods make it really good.

I could comment on nearly every game you have on this list, never heard of killing floors though. Fable was a very enjoyable series that you can probably get for cheap and will last a few dozen hours each.
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-06-07, 13:37

NEW VEGAS FTW!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-06-08, 07:11

Well, I still need to wait one week, but... Killing Floor is necessary, since I must kill Pure and Orc. HL2, Portal2 and L4D2 too, be it separate or in the pack. Just Cause is also neccessary. Then, I think I'll got with New Vegas and AC2, and I'll see if I can get something else from there... Very Happy (I think I will wait until xmas and get any of those if they get a discount, and save money until I see a decent new game really cheap.)
    Baldymoint7
    Baldymoint7

Post by Baldymoint7 2011-06-08, 07:26

IN Canada its not illegal to download movies/games...i.e:HAHAHAHA!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 10:06