Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

5 posters

[Councelor] Tag for city councelors

NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

[Councelor] Tag for city councelors Empty [Councelor] Tag for city councelors

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-06-10, 00:27

I think it would be quite useful if city councelors would have a tag with their own color.
    Many players are very intrested in living in cities and it would be quite useful to know when one is online and do not have to make research to figure out whos a councelor.
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

[Councelor] Tag for city councelors Empty Re: [Councelor] Tag for city councelors

Post by Jarvisd 2011-06-10, 00:39

The other people have the custom tittles as they donated, so I think if you want a Council tag...
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

[Councelor] Tag for city councelors Empty Re: [Councelor] Tag for city councelors

Post by Ryoman 2011-06-10, 01:06

Another good idea would be to add a topic showing up to date information on all city councils, their disisions, relations, council position openings, ect.

Also maybe the councilor tag could have a specific color, representing its city.
    FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

Post by FillerB 2011-06-10, 01:09

Ryoman wrote:Another good idea would be to add a topic showing up to date information on all city councils, their disisions, relations, council position openings, ect.

Being worked on. For just use the Cities subforums.
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-06-10, 01:19

FillerB wrote:
    Ryoman wrote:Another good idea would be to add a topic showing up to date information on all city councils, their disisions, relations, council position openings, ect.

Yes, but im sugesting a new topic and not the Major city thread, to show council related stuff.
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-06-10, 02:06

Ryoman wrote:
    FillerB wrote:

Yes, but im sugesting a new topic and not the Major city thread, to show council related stuff.
    There should be a sticky topic in mayor and minor cities subforum featuring said list. Locked and only edible by admins. List must be updated time by time though
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-06-10, 02:34

Im not asking for a position, but what does it take to become a councilor of a major city?

Do you need to be voted in by the public? Have permission of the other councilors?
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-06-10, 02:49

All the councilors of my city have donation status, but i doubt Liz would like to replace Staff with Abydos? Also, expect to see large amounts of progress and news for Abydos very soon via the forums.

I'm pretty sure there won't be more future councilors unless it's required for such councilors to step down on their duty, and new councilors to be elected, or if a new town (i heard nether town may be approaching?) comes to the server.
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-06-10, 03:29

Thanks, i was just wondering Twisted Evil lol
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-06-10, 03:33

Doesn't stop councilors promoting people for other Ranks in their cities, i'm sure if you show good interest you'll be chosen for such ranks Smile.
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-06-10, 05:05

Ryoman wrote:Im not asking for a position, but what does it take to become a councilor of a major city?

Do you need to be voted in by the public? Have permission of the other councilors?

I can give you more information about that.
    FillerB came up with the entire 4 cities project and is leading them all.
    He chose me, giygas and rendarg to construct and lead the northern mayor city, now known as Acheron.
    usualy, all mayor cities should have 3 councelors. But rendarg disappeared. Eversince then, giygas and me lead the city by ourselfs.
    If you want to become a member of a city council, you should ask FillerB and inform the city you want to join in.
    FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

Post by FillerB 2011-06-10, 05:17

Once again the city setup is going to change when I've doctored out a good plan to deal with all these cities that are popping up every-fucking-where. Current council-members will stay, so don't get your panties in a twist about that.
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-06-10, 09:27

FillerB wrote:Once again the city setup is going to change when I've doctored out a good plan to deal with all these cities that are popping up every-fucking-where. Current council-members will stay, so don't get your panties in a twist about that.

I wonder what will be changed. Ive grown pretty bored due to my rather passive role as a council member. All i can do is advertise for the city and sell people plots. So im more than happy to hear any updates that may make things more intressting.

Aswell: The capitals dont really have any kind of advantage over all the inofficial cities, towns and villages. Soon, not even the advantage of having a train station (which by now is already clear will be barely used at all due to teleportation runes... one of the reasons i suggested the initiator rune and unique capital city advantages a long time ago...)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 19:46