Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

4 posters

Capital City Advantages Revamped

NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Capital City Advantages Revamped Empty Capital City Advantages Revamped

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-06-11, 01:01

Ive made this suggestion a long time ago already. But now that... certain haters Mad ... have left the server, id like to rediscuss the idea.

As you may have noticed, a lot of inofficial cities start popping up everywhere on the server. Some of them are very large and offer good plots. So the capital cities have no real purpose anymore. Also, the advantage that all capitals have, or are going to have a train station and connection to orcshire is so shallow that barely anyone would ever use the rail system, especialy since they can be lethal and teleport runes warp you across the entire map in seconds.

So, to add a purpose to the capitals again, i suggest that all 4 capital cities should have a unique advantage, which every player can access. But to do so, they have to travel to each of the 4 capital cities and do some sort of task. Eighter completing a quest, doing a test or paying money... something like that. Due to the gainable unique advantages, the capital cities will have way more daily visitors and a huge ammount of value.

So far i havent commen up with any good suggestions what each cities unique advantage should be.

Here is what i thought of by now:

Acheron: Wer the city of magic so how about we implant the initiator rune in the city? If the server is set to use this rune, players must use this rune at least once before they can use runecraft at all. This may first sound like a disadvantage, but it adds a lot of possibilities. First of all, we thought of making players go through a test in order to reach the rune. This way, we ensure only relyable and trustworthy people gain access to runecraft, since they will have to answer server guideline related questions. No noobs will power pick your house down or ninja in your house by playing around with teleport runes until they get a code that leads them into your private diamond heaven. Also, limiting runecraft to those who can pass this test forces everyone who hasnt learned runecraft by then to use the train system. It right now is barely used at all and rather a mayor waste of time. If only passed people can use teleporters, the hard work of admins will get more used and appreciated! We already set up a temple flying above Acheron just for this purpose and its all good to go!

Eccenoctem: This city is a dark underground city. So unless the eccenotcem council or anyone else has a better idea, how about they get the advantage of a vampire plugin? Vampires recover health automaticaly during nighttime, like in peaceful mode and do not get attacked by monsters. On the other hand, vampires will set on fire when walking in daylight, so there finally is a good reason for the night time, other than beeing annoying and dark. Vampires also have improved night vision!

Abydos: I havent been sure about this one but i heard theres a slave mod for runecraft. How about you can buy npcs in this city? They will go hunt for you, lumber, mine, take care of your crops, protect your ass and what not!

New Frost Side: Also not sure but i thought of some kind of combat plugin. Something that improves your figthing abilities. And you only get them when you visit NFS.
    aapl2
    aapl2

Capital City Advantages Revamped Empty Re: Capital City Advantages Revamped

Post by aapl2 2011-06-11, 01:27

You gonna pay for the space/upgrade reqired for these plugins?
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-06-11, 01:30

aapl2 wrote:You gonna pay for the space/upgrade reqired for these plugins?

Rolling Eyes i said i didnt come up with any good plan for each cities unique advantage.
    Those were just ideas.
    If you have better ones, why dont you share them to me?
    aapl2
    aapl2

Post by aapl2 2011-06-11, 01:34

I say the citys get no advantages except being reconised as a major city
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-06-11, 01:35

aapl2 wrote:I say the citys get no advantages except being reconised as a major city
    what is your suggestion in making the capital cities capitals again then?
    aapl2
    aapl2

Post by aapl2 2011-06-11, 01:39

Arn't they allready capitol citys?
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-06-11, 01:43

aapl2 wrote:Arn't they allready capitol citys?

Maybe thats what the server regulations and admins say but does it feel like that?
    With all these new cities popping up, they are no different to them.
    All capital cities even have a low daily activity. Barely anyone is ever online and we barely have any visitors.
    Theres no reason for people to come and see the cities.
    aapl2
    aapl2

Post by aapl2 2011-06-11, 02:02

How long have you been on the server? All citys die.
    mtbers
    mtbers

Post by mtbers 2011-06-11, 02:40

NeroTheDarklord wrote:
    aapl2 wrote:Arn't they allready capitol citys?

Maybe thats what the server regulations and admins say but does it feel like that?
    With all these new cities popping up, they are no different to them.
    All capital cities even have a low daily activity. Barely anyone is ever online and we barely have any visitors.
    Theres no reason for people to come and see the cities.

Because certain players harass new coming players before that get a chance to like the server so of course there is low daily activity, its not that there are no new cities. Its because there are players who sit out of spawn, but not too close, and rape.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-06-11, 02:43

It's a great idea, but then again not all ideas are do-able. If, it is do-able, it would be a great addition to the recognition of the Major cities. I know Fillers hinted out he's doing/planned progress for major and non major cities, perhaps he will find a alternate solution if this is not possible?
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-06-11, 03:05

Grintendo wrote:It's a great idea, but then again not all ideas are do-able. If, it is do-able, it would be a great addition to the recognition of the Major cities. I know Fillers hinted out he's doing/planned progress for major and non major cities, perhaps he will find a alternate solution if this is not possible?
    I know he hinted that. He said hes still working on the plan and it looks likes its going to be well thought through. I thought with this suggestion, i might inspire some people and help Filler come up with something
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-06-11, 03:24

Yeah i agree, and as i said this would be an awesome add on to major cities if possible, even if a "task" is just donate a stack of dirt, the add ons would give people a reason to enter such cities and i'm sure it would improve them. Let's hope if that's not possible we can think of some other ideas that could increase activity. I think people are ignoring the fact that this is not only to increase the number of people wondering the streets, but too increase productivity of the Major cities, and if this is possible, it would highly fulfill that aim.
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-06-11, 05:20

Grintendo wrote:Yeah i agree, and as i said this would be an awesome add on to major cities if possible, even if a "task" is just donate a stack of dirt, the add ons would give people a reason to enter such cities and i'm sure it would improve them. Let's hope if that's not possible we can think of some other ideas that could increase activity. I think people are ignoring the fact that this is not only to increase the number of people wondering the streets, but too increase productivity of the Major cities, and if this is possible, it would highly fulfill that aim.

Looks like somebody FINALLY understands me!
    aapl2
    aapl2

Post by aapl2 2011-06-11, 06:56

Perhaps admin shops like a shop in archeron that bought saplings seeds sugar cane and wheat possibly?
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-06-11, 22:20

aapl2 wrote:Perhaps admin shops like a shop in archeron that bought saplings seeds sugar cane and wheat possibly?

It is already clear that barely anyone would use these shops.
    No one would travel to another city just to sell some exess items for a little pocket money.
    Tiny advantages dont do shit. We need something that makes the capital cities as important as they should be!
    In other words: Unique Advantages!
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-06-11, 22:53

IF, possible would be a great addition, but sadly i doubt it can go ahead, i seem to remember Orc not taking to the idea strongly last time it was proposed.
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-06-12, 03:26

Grintendo wrote:IF, possible would be a great addition, but sadly i doubt it can go ahead, i seem to remember Orc not taking to the idea strongly last time it was proposed.
    The situation changed compared to back then. But your right. Orcworm has the final word about this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 21:00