Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+4
Rykleos
Kn16h7
thebadhatter
redjello
8 posters

Petition for Wise Mega-City to replace New Frost side

redjello
    Banned
    Banned

Petition for Wise Mega-City to replace New Frost side Empty Petition for Wise Mega-City to replace New Frost side

Post by redjello 2011-06-15, 04:15

This forum post is for supporters of Wise Mega-City, Bring any and all hate to a separate thread so we don't have to filter it out.

The reasoning behind this is that New Frost Side has become a failing city that shames its name sake. Between the terrible councilors and the councilors who have a life and are busy with it the city has fallen to ruins. Wise Mega-City is A relatively new city with a growing populace a strong and dedicated staff composed of multiple ranks which serves as a background for the community. Wise Mega-City is called a Mega-City for the reasoning that it IS the biggest city in the game. The city is divided into several districts in order to better manage itself and provide diversity and separate building opportunities.

Last edited by redjello on 2011-06-15, 04:26; edited 1 time in total
    thebadhatter
    thebadhatter

Petition for Wise Mega-City to replace New Frost side Empty Re: Petition for Wise Mega-City to replace New Frost side

Post by thebadhatter 2011-06-15, 04:23

How will you be able to quantitatively measure the public attitude concerning the matter if differing opinions are separated in such a fashion? :0
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Petition for Wise Mega-City to replace New Frost side Empty Re: Petition for Wise Mega-City to replace New Frost side

Post by Kn16h7 2011-06-15, 04:24

i think WMG is doing amazing and it WOULD be easier to replace NFS with it rather than starting NFS over completely.
    Rykleos
    Rykleos

Post by Rykleos 2011-06-15, 04:27

I am not in favor of this.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-06-15, 04:31

Argh, first of all this petition is ridiculous, this isn't a vote, it's just a say you want us to be a Major city or gtfo. Yes i know what a petition is, but you've left no room for opposing views such as myself. Anyway like you said it's the 'biggest city' that would make it unfair to other Major cities, as we were all given strict zoning areas. I feel personally, and i'm sure other Councilors will do too, that even if you were to make it to Major city status you do not deserve a larger zone than any other town has received.

Not starting a flame war, just stating my opposing opinion.

OH! I must say to avoid confusion, it is a very nice city, and i applaud you for that!

Last edited by Grintendo on 2011-06-15, 04:46; edited 1 time in total
    FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

Post by FillerB 2011-06-15, 04:44

Right I'm pretty sure that I already mentioned this in the public forum once or twice, correct me if I'm wrong, but seeing as the Mayor/Minor City is an utter misnomer and seeing as that system has completely failed in stopping the wildgrowth of cities... Mayor/Minor Cities will most likely not exist in the near future. Instead of that we will have a system that allows more attention to be drawn to all (approved) cities and give the mayors/councils of said cities some more liberties in running their city.

As for replacing... No. You're not getting the Railroad connection NFS, or any of the other boons, NFS currently has. I'm sure that most of you are probably sick of this story by now so I won't bore you with it again but those "Mayor" cities are located where they are for a reason. Yes, it has caused some unfortunate complications but that's no reason to throw away the work that has gone in to it. Whatever "New New Frostside" will be, it will still be in that faux-arctic environment.

And before I, yet again, get accused of discrimination: last time I visited Wise it looked mighty fine. Though seriously Jello... if you want start a discussion you should be open to all viewpoints.
    redjello
    Banned
    Banned

Post by redjello 2011-06-15, 04:51

Even if its impossible this thread was created in positive attitude to the city whether or not its possible for it to actually become a major city is not important. if the system that designates cities changes it does not matter, this thread is not here for that.

When someone starts a petition, do they bring an extra note book so people can share their negative opinions? Like the first line in my post says "Bring any and all hate to a separate thread so we don't have to filter it out." We're not interested in any opinion of any haters or people who are "not in favor of this".
    If you want to oppose it bring it to a separate thread.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-06-15, 04:59

redjello wrote:Even if its impossible this thread was created in positive attitude to the city whether or not its possible for it to actually become a major city is not important. if the system that designates cities changes it does not matter, this thread is not here for that.
    [/size][/size]
    Grintendo wrote:
    Not starting a flame war, just stating my opposing opinion.

OH! I must say to avoid confusion, it is a very nice city, and i applaud you for that!

As i said i'm not hating, i was giving a response from a Councilor from a different Major city as a NFS Councilor has no said anything to date. To reenforce this, i even took note to saying how nice the town is, which i do feel is true.

Secondly in response to 'whether or not', if it's not important than this whole thread and petition is not important, and furthermore it could be considered as deem-able for removing. It's quite obvious the point of this thread is for the petition, so it is important, if you believe for that not to be so, the thread itself shouldn't exist...

FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-06-15, 05:03

Alright smother that fire before it's turns into a full flamewar. We already know that Jello has a gift when it comes to riling people up with his frankly poor choice of words. No need to jump on it now.

Ugh.

Try reading my post again Jello. I'm saying that the new system (if it goes through) will give recognition to _all_ cities that deserve. I'm not bashing (if that is what you think, I'm not sure) the point behind this thread, indeed it is something that has been annoying me for some time too. There are some beautiful things out there that just don't get the recognized by the community at large because they aren't a mayor city. That is one, if not the most important, reasons why I'm planning to change the system.

So yes. Wise Megacity will get the recognition it deserves. There is no need to hold a *ahum* petition about it.
    The_Octopus
    The_Octopus

Post by The_Octopus 2011-06-15, 05:06

I was told MY city might replace it. BY STAFF. Razz You seen it, Bro? 35 or so residents?
    redjello
    Banned
    Banned

Post by redjello 2011-06-15, 05:07

Like flies on shit... the shit storm chasers will come
    The_Octopus
    The_Octopus

Post by The_Octopus 2011-06-15, 05:09

You jelly, redjello? You jelly Of my awesome city?
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-06-15, 05:15

>_< Ranadamnit. Why do people do this.

The next trollish comment by _anyone_ will earn it's poster a temporary ban from both the forum AND the server for however long I see fit (Hint: it would be longer than 3 days). When Staff says that one potential flamewar should be stopped before it goes out of hand doesn't mean you should start another one in the same damn topic.

I could just lock this topic since it has already been resolved, but I trust that you people can show some maturity or at least mutual respect for once.

Last edited by FillerB on 2011-06-15, 05:17; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest 2011-06-15, 05:16

From what I gather both options mean 'yes'.
    redjello
    Banned
    Banned

Post by redjello 2011-06-15, 05:29

for the record, this is what i was trying to stop when i said "This forum post is for supporters of Wise Mega-City, Bring any and all hate to a separate thread so we don't have to filter it out."
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-06-15, 07:35

redjello wrote:for the record, this is what i was trying to stop when i said "This forum post is for supporters of Wise Mega-City, Bring any and all hate to a separate thread so we don't have to filter it out."

No one is going to make another thread just to show their hatred for a city. There also has to be a "I do not support this petition" option to filter out everyone in this thread since it is about Wise Mega-City, now I know you don't want to filter but c'mon, you're gonna have to.

Grintendo wrote:Not starting a flame war, just stating my opposing opinion.
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-06-15, 07:45

If you must express your opposing opinion on anything regarding WMG then please take it here.

This thread is a petition, a list of signatures, not a list of opinions.
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-06-15, 08:04

It's like nobody reads the bloody topic...

And yes I fully agree that there should have been a counter-vote option. A yes/no-poll is much more useful in polling peoples opinion on a subject than a petition bluntly stating "Don't Agree? Piss off to another thread". Think about what is actually useful to know and not about what you want to know next time you make a poll like this.

In any case. Poll deleted (no option to close since lolinvision) since this the matter has already been resolved. Final score: 5 votes saying yes (no other options).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 13:45