Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

5 posters

pickle again *sigh*

Pickle15
    Pickle15

pickle again *sigh* Empty pickle again *sigh*

Post by Pickle15 2011-06-16, 00:41

BAN APPEAL Pickle15
    Ban Reason:Greifing grintendo's store...
    Banner:N/A
    Do/Don't Admit to Grief and why:: idk, I wasn't there >_>
    Reasons on why you should get a 2nd chance:probably my hacker did some more damage then that honeypot block.....
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

pickle again *sigh* Empty Re: pickle again *sigh*

Post by Lizardman 2011-06-16, 00:51

This is getting ridiculous...

The IP change very well could be the account owner actually leaving their mom's basement (I know; what a foregin concept) and getting their ass to a library, their school's computer lab or hell, even using a proxy in the aforementioned mom's basement.

Regardless, there are plenty of ways to change one's IP and say "It wasn't me! I got hacked!", which is the reason we ban the ACCOUNT, NOT the PLAYER!

I personally would find a permanent ban befitting, lest we would like EVERY griefer use this excuse henceforth.

[/2 cents]
    Pickle15
    Pickle15

Post by Pickle15 2011-06-16, 00:53

I don't grief. and if you decide to permaban me, fine by me, you just lose a good player.
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-06-16, 00:55

Yah lizardman, he has been here longer than you, and joined pre-beta.. It is not his fault he got hacked.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-06-16, 00:59

First off, it's not my call. I'm merely offering my input.

Secondly, it's nothing personal; I'm adhering to the rules we set. No one (well... MAYBE PC) is above the law. That being said, I strongly suggest we stick to our set rules and not bend them for anyone. Your account is a serial griefer. Whether it was you or not is irrelevant; your account still performed the misdeed.

Thirdly, I've banned people who ranged from new players to players who have been around forever. Why in the blue hell would I care how long someone played? Your argument holds no merit, Jarvisd (as per usual when you try to argue against me). You break the rules, you receive a punishment. Again, we ban the account. Just get the money for a new one.

That is all.
    Pickle15
    Pickle15

Post by Pickle15 2011-06-16, 02:58

Lizardman wrote:First off, it's not my call. I'm merely offering my input.

Secondly, it's nothing personal; I'm adhering to the rules we set. No one (well... MAYBE PC) is above the law. That being said, I strongly suggest we stick to our set rules and not bend them for anyone. Your account is a serial griefer. Whether it was you or not is irrelevant; your account still performed the misdeed.

Thirdly, I've banned people who ranged from new players to players who have been around forever. Why in the blue hell would I care how long someone played? Your argument holds no merit, Jarvisd (as per usual when you try to argue against me). You break the rules, you receive a punishment. Again, we ban the account. Just get the money for a new one.

That is all.

So your saying its alright to hack your account, and get you banned?
    You'll just go buy a new account, no harm done. right?
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-06-16, 03:04

I'm going by what the current rule set states. The situation that unfolded is quite unfortunate but what happened, happened.

As I said, every and anyone will use the "my account was hacked" excuse if they are caught, assuming you will be unbanned. I, personally, believe you but my beliefs are null and void as the rules state that we ban the account itself. Being a staff member, my colleagues and I are required to uphold said rules and enforce them.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-06-16, 03:17

I was told in-game that Pickle was banned by my shop, and i believe i wasn't present when he was banned so therefore i didn't ask for a ban, and if i did, i made a mistake as i wish for Pickle to not be banned.

It's my shop that was "Griefed" and i don't care for this case, as i believe i had no input for the player to be banned. For future reference, i do prefer players who grief my shop being banned, but (minor reason) a player such as Pickle, who has played here for a long time, and most importantly (major reason) the fact that he has appealed, is good enough for me.

I accept your appeal, hopefully the staff will too.
    Albuca
    Albuca
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Albuca 2011-06-16, 06:23

I'll post screen shots when I get home, but it was 117 edits if my memory serves correctly.

-A
    EDIT: Pictures
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 18:21