Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

3 posters

My house made of chests

TwoTonMan

My house made of chests Empty My house made of chests

Post by TwoTonMan 2011-01-11, 20:20

I made an entire house of chests set to private so people couldn't grief, it was right below Cobbleshit Tower in Cobbletown. Other than the roof everything was /cprivate and I had someone test with a powerpick if it could be broken. I was told fire doesn't spread and lava won't destroy them. Part of my stairs to my castle was removed, it was made a day before so I know disconnecting wasn't the problem. There is no sign by the town owner(s) so I'm pretty sure it wasn't him/her/them. Someone who can destroy chests without them respawning had to have done it and I'd at least like to know why, wether it's against the rules or just them being a jerk.
    Xltimus
    Xltimus

My house made of chests Empty Re: My house made of chests

Post by Xltimus 2011-01-12, 02:38

Was this house 'o chests, had the walls entirely made of chests? As if someone had to cuboid them into place?

Or just alternating layers?
    TwoTonMan

Post by TwoTonMan 2011-01-12, 02:43

Yeah, it was solid chests, I was just recently told it's against the rules. I wish that person put a sign or something. But everything, not just the chests, was taken down. I'd like the logs back at least, I spent a pretty penny on them :/
    Xltimus
    Xltimus

Post by Xltimus 2011-01-12, 05:38

How did you make the walls and such out of nothing but chests? Since multiple chests cant be placed all next to each other, else they will start to glitch.

Unfortunately, someone was telling me about 'someone hacking' so I went to investigate it and there was a giant cubical of chests, which as far as I had known, could only be made in such a way that cuboid was required. So I figured that one of the other mods must have made it so they know what it would look like. And well... yeah...

If this was your house, I'd be glad to help you rebuild it 'twice' over.
    Invision
    Invision
    Forum Developer
    Forum Developer

Post by Invision 2011-01-12, 07:09

Xltimus wrote:How did you make the walls and such out of nothing but chests? Since multiple chests cant be placed all next to each other, else they will start to glitch.

Unfortunately, someone was telling me about 'someone hacking' so I went to investigate it and there was a giant cubical of chests, which as far as I had known, could only be made in such a way that cuboid was required. So I figured that one of the other mods must have made it so they know what it would look like. And well... yeah...

If this was your house, I'd be glad to help you rebuild it 'twice' over.

-- --
    chest, chest, space, chest, chest

The 1 single spot between the double chests, you can put a bucket of water there, and then, with the water, you put a chest in it. As if it was cuboid.
    TwoTonMan

Post by TwoTonMan 2011-01-12, 07:20

Imo it's just easier to make a wall of water and place them, you also can do it with one bucket. Fun stuff...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-10, 20:23