Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+14
monpasdg
GaMerG77
Pete
thebadhatter
uberblake
Mati
Kn16h7
Orcworm
Spxify
Monstaboi
timeer2
Ciphon
Lizardman
NeroTheDarklord
18 posters

The "Forbidden Items" Shop in Orcshire...

NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

The "Forbidden Items" Shop in Orcshire... Empty The "Forbidden Items" Shop in Orcshire...

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-06-22, 08:01

I think calling the items "forbidden" sends the wrong message. People may be afraid of using this shop because they fear it could be a kind of honeypot.

I furthermore would like to suggest to add more blocks, like diamond ore, lapis lazuli ore, coal ore and redstone ore.
    The prices shouldnt also be 1k per anything. Prices need to adapt to the use of the block.
    For example fire: You dont buy it to place it down on the world, since it will go out anyway and to make it burn forever, you simply use flint and steel. You need many fire blocks and for only one reason: Crafting chainmail.
    So fireblocks should be less expensive. This way, we motivate people to use this money sink and spend more money there.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

The "Forbidden Items" Shop in Orcshire... Empty Re: The "Forbidden Items" Shop in Orcshire...

Post by Lizardman 2011-06-22, 08:14

WHY did you remove D ore, Orcy? I even PM'd you about it and got no response. >.>
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

The "Forbidden Items" Shop in Orcshire... Empty Re: The "Forbidden Items" Shop in Orcshire...

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-06-22, 08:54

I think the more variety and more options this shop offers, the more likely it is to get used.
    To make it stick out of the rest of the buildings more clearly, i would furthermore recommend making it the materials that are sold in there, liek diamond ore or portal blocks or stuff like that
    Ciphon
    Ciphon

Post by Ciphon 2011-06-23, 10:04

my advice:
    dont buy anything from the forbidden item shop, some of these things might become custom drops in the future, and you'll just see that you wasted your money
    timeer2
    timeer2
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by timeer2 2011-06-23, 11:03

Add cobweb!
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-06-23, 22:50

timeer2 wrote:Add cobweb!
    I think it HAS cobweb. But the point is, it should feature WAY more items and the prices should be WAY more fitting and reasonable. Who the heck would buy half of the items featured there if they are all the same price when they actualy have entirely different uses?
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-06-24, 01:45

Still no D ore or any other ore for that matter.
    Monstaboi
    Monstaboi

Post by Monstaboi 2011-06-24, 06:21

Lizardman wrote:Still no D ore or any other ore for that matter.
    this. and the prices really do need to be fixed.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-06-24, 07:27

Meh. I like the prices. It seperates the plebs and the elites of the server.

However, 1k for loleaves and lolTall_Grass is just plain silly as there are methods to either use an object to spawn them (e.g. bonemeal) or a way to acquire them in-game.

All I care for are ores cuz they look baws. :3
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-06-24, 07:48

Lizardman wrote:Meh. I like the prices. It seperates the plebs and the elites of the server.

However, 1k for loleaves and lolTall_Grass is just plain silly as there are methods to either use an object to spawn them (e.g. bonemeal) or a way to acquire them in-game.

All I care for are ores cuz they look baws. :3

You get it! Prices NEED to adapt the use! And theres nothing wrong about making things expensive. It IS a money sink after all! But how things are used right now is just stupid.
    Spxify

Post by Spxify 2011-06-24, 08:09

I have to agree. :>
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-06-24, 08:19

NeroTheDarklord wrote:

You get it! Prices NEED to adapt the use! And theres nothing wrong about making things expensive. It IS a money sink after all! But how things are used right now is just stupid.

Suggest prices and they will be set.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-06-24, 08:30

It's a purely cosmetic investment but that doesn't equate to a BAD investment.

As I said, I just want ores because they look cool. None of the unobtainable blocks actually DO anything beyond look cool, so in terms of making a profit, it's totally stupid. However, it's like pimping out a car; it makes you look cool if you have it. :3

@Orc

Leaf: 1 (bonemeal produces MUCH more with just a tad more effort)
    Web: 100 (it will be implemented later but it's fairly useless)
    Long_Grass: 1 (there's a way to obtain it in quantaties)
    Portal: 500 (they look cool but they're annoying to listen to)
    Fire: 1 (Flint and steel is much better. Also, its only REAL use is chainmail)
    Diamond Ore: 1000 (looks awesome and shows wealth/power)
    Gold Ore: 750 (similar to d's but less so)
    Iron Ore: 500 (again)
    Coal Ore: 100 (meh)
    Lapis Ore: 250 (kinda looks cool)
    Redstone Ore: 500 (it's glowing feature is pretty darn cool)
    Still lava: 100 (since slimeballs are 1k)

Those are rough estimates on prices. Add input, peeps. :3
    Monstaboi
    Monstaboi

Post by Monstaboi 2011-06-24, 08:57

why do we need iron and gold ore? just mine it instead of buying the ore blocks for waaay overpriced, lol. also, how does one get still lava using slimeballs? i know about still water, but do you break like obsidian with it or something?
    timeer2
    timeer2
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by timeer2 2011-06-24, 09:16

Fire should be more. Or you could buy sets of chainmailmfor 20gil or such
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-06-24, 09:32

Iron is just a suggestion and gold as a substitute for D ore.

You can get still water but not lava from Slimeballs. I just figured I'd make it approximately 10x the amount that still water costs (as I see it auct'd around 10 or so). Just an idea to play with.

As for the Fire, I really think they should be replaced with chain sets or kept as fire but at a relatively cheap price, as fire is pretty useless.
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-06-26, 04:37

I agree with most of lizards suggestions, exept for fire blocks.
    As said, their only real purpose is to craft chainmail, but chainmail is the most damage absorbing armor in the game, even though it breaks easily. Do you really think such an armor should be worth less than 100 gil in total?

I would say 10 gil or even more per fireblock
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-06-26, 04:46

Sponge: 100 gil per block

its only use is getting rid of water, and because people use it in mass quantities to build under water/clear an ocean, it should be cheap but not TOO cheap.

and just fyi, no im not the only one looking for sponges, so its not just for me, its a srs suggestion.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-06-26, 07:13

Kn16h7 wrote:Sponge: 100 gil per block

its only use is getting rid of water, and because people use it in mass quantities to build under water/clear an ocean, it should be cheap but not TOO cheap.

and just fyi, no im not the only one looking for sponges, so its not just for me, its a srs suggestion.

I agree to this.
    Mati
    Mati

Post by Mati 2011-06-26, 07:15

Lizardman wrote:
    Kn16h7 wrote:Sponge: 100 gil per block

I agree to this.
    ###
    uberblake
    uberblake

Post by uberblake 2011-06-27, 14:18

Where are my piggy spawners D,:
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-06-28, 03:25

I think this suggestion here didnt really come trough yet.
    Ive just been at that shop again and it still has that name.
    And.... are you serious? gold and iron ore are there and for absolutely rediciolous prices?
    Why would gold and iron ore be there? Are you implying gold and iron ore is illigal?
    And why the heck is it so god aweful expensive?

Not even half of the possible items listed before are added there, instead just a waste of space through an unnessessary NPC, which also happens to be the only one in entire orshire and does flat out nothing exept for beeing an ass to you.
    uberblake
    uberblake

Post by uberblake 2011-06-28, 04:30

NeroTheDarklord wrote:I think this suggestion here didnt really come trough yet.
    And.... are you serious? gold and iron ore are there and for absolutely rediciolous prices?
    Why would gold and iron ore be there? Are you implying gold and iron ore is illigal?

Not even half of the possible items listed before are added there, instead just a waste of space through an unnessessary NPC, which also happens to be the only one in entire orshire and does flat out nothing exept for beeing an ass to you.

Relates post ^ to his avatar

AAANNNYYYWWAAAYYYSSS Replace the iron and gold or with a pig spawner...cuz thats what I WANT!!!!!
    Also, make it so you can sell stuff to the shop (for a reasonable shop price)...cuz I wanna sell some water and ice blocks. The trader is supposed to be a NPC version of a shop...so make him useful >:o
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-06-28, 06:01

Yeah, get rid of gold/iron ore. I was totally absent-minded when I said those.

As for the name, it's hardly relevant.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-06-28, 06:21

NeroTheDarklord wrote:I think this suggestion here didnt really come trough yet.

You really know how to bitch and whine don't you.
    thebadhatter
    thebadhatter

Post by thebadhatter 2011-06-28, 06:22

I think Diamond Ore should be more reasonably priced (if it's available at all) so us poorer folk can make our houses sparkly and nice? (Maybe just me. Special prices for me.)
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-06-28, 07:40

Orcworm wrote:

hey some1's gotta do it. .--.
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-06-28, 07:51

Orcworm wrote:

Whinning? Im not whinning im complaining. You wanna hear what whinning is?
    THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS IS WHIIIIIIIIIINIIIIIIIIIIING!
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-06-28, 08:01

I added what you wanted me to add and apparently that's now wrong.

"instead just a waste of space through an unnessessary NPC, which also happens to be the only one in entire orshire and does flat out nothing exept for beeing an ass to you."

The only one apart from the other seven then?
    The NPC's text is a joke, I don't expect everyone to realise that now.

"And why the heck is it so god aweful expensive?"

The items aren't supposed to be bought in stacks of 64 and then you go on your way. If you have full chainmail armour others should view you as the epitome of wealth.
    Mati
    Mati

Post by Mati 2011-06-28, 08:07

Orcworm wrote:"And why the heck is it so god aweful expensive?"

The items aren't supposed to be bought in stacks of 64 and then you go on your way. If you have full chainmail armour others should view you as the epitome of wealth.
    But 18.000 Gil (750x24) for just a set of armor? Shocked

I'm fine with monster spawner beeing 1k, or the Portal beeing 500. But the price for sponges/fire is really too high.

Also I don't get why iron/gold ore is getting sold.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-06-28, 08:10

It was suggested, so it was added. If there's something else you'd like to see in it's place then by all means tell me.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-06-28, 09:12

Could you put still lava and monster spawners in lieu of gold/iron ore?

Prices:

Still lava: 100
    Spawner: 1000

Feel free to add your input, peeps.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-06-28, 09:33

I think the lava should be a little more expensive and the spawner a bunch...
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-06-28, 09:52

Well, slimeball is 1k so I'm thinking lava should be 1/10th of the cost of an infinite use slimeball.

Also, spawner is fairly useless. Pigs are impervious from spawners (lolnotch). However, they ARE amusing.
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-06-28, 10:25

imo the chainmail really should as orc said show extreme wealth. only people that work enough to earn it should get it. as for sponges, like i said, its something that has a simple use and is usually used in a large quantity, hence a lower price would make sense.
    Mati
    Mati

Post by Mati 2011-06-28, 11:00

For 18.000 Gil I can buy about 450 (!) diamonds which equals 50 diamond blocks. I could build a little house with that and reuse it however I want. Chainmail armor however is quickly gone and only has the durability of gold armor.

Now what shows more wealth? No person who aquired 18k+ with hard work would waste his money on that.
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-06-28, 11:01

Who sells 450 diamonds for 18.000 Gil?
    Mati
    Mati

Post by Mati 2011-06-28, 11:03

Rolling Eyes No one, but if you're actively trying to buy them cheap through auctions/private deals you can get them easily for 40 Gil or less...
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-06-28, 11:58

Slimeballs and sponge are 100g each, does that need lowering even more or?

Fire is also 100g each.
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-06-28, 12:01

they are? oh well, i was under the impression that nothing had changed because of nero's post. 100g is perfect.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-06-28, 12:10

Love how you trolled me for 1k for dat slimeball, Orcnub. >.>

Anyway, glad to hear the price drop on the lesser items. :3

I still don't see the issue of having the name of the shop as "The Forbidden Item Shop". In my opinion, it makes the buyer seem moar liek a baws for having said items. :3
    Mati
    Mati

Post by Mati 2011-06-28, 13:38

GJ Orc.
    Spxify

Post by Spxify 2011-06-28, 21:01

Thanks, time for a underwater house. Very Happy
    monpasdg
    monpasdg

Post by monpasdg 2011-06-28, 23:49

Orcworm wrote:[..]sponge are 100g each[..]

Sweet news! That will help with my Sand mining shenanigans
    uberblake
    uberblake

Post by uberblake 2011-06-29, 02:42

What about mob spawners...they're very entertaining and could make a great replacement for gold or iron ore....
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-06-29, 03:49

i say 500 gil for mob spawners, and 5k when they actually work and you can kill the pigs -.-
    monpasdg
    monpasdg

Post by monpasdg 2011-06-29, 04:36

Kn16h7 wrote:i say 500 gil for mob spawners, and 5k when they actually work and you can kill the pigs -.-

500 seems a bit low for an item you never have to purchase again and continue to profit. Working or not, buying at 500 in hopes they work again isn't to expensive. Just my .02

Jhubbz_
    Jhubbz_

Post by Jhubbz_ 2011-06-29, 04:37

There's no profit from mob spawners... the pigs can't be killed... ><
    monpasdg
    monpasdg

Post by monpasdg 2011-06-29, 05:06

Jhubbz_ wrote:There's no profit from mob spawners... the pigs can't be killed... ><

But, does this mean forever?
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-06-29, 05:13

You can find mob spawners too lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 17:34