Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+6
Stensballe
Spxify
Lizardman
SlaveofRH
Grintendo
krios101
10 posters

My redstone to obsidian convertor

krios101

My redstone to obsidian convertor  Empty My redstone to obsidian convertor

Post by krios101 2011-06-25, 05:13

Ok so a little something I've been working on, A contraption which converts redstone to obsidian. The advantages of this is that this only needs one lava bucket to operate it which makes it very efficient and the only thing that gets used up is the redstone, and also this can be built in a matter of 10 to 15 minutes for a single generator and it can be build using easy to get resources such as cobble, dirt and wood.

Using this I can convert 9 redstone into obsidian at a single time (which can be increased if you replicate the design over and over) and don't go saying that this only works because of the water is there, incorrect as you need a water source block to make obsidian and not flowing water and also if the redstone isn't there then only cobble is formed.

Spoiler:

If you need anymore proof I can demonstrate it in game if you ask me for a tp I will show you it in game.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

My redstone to obsidian convertor  Empty Re: My redstone to obsidian convertor

Post by Grintendo 2011-06-25, 05:15

There's a MUCH more efficient way to do this, it's not very public yet, but i'll show you if you like Smile
    krios101

Post by krios101 2011-06-25, 05:18

Well for my first project I felt this turned out good and I just think that this can be built very easily and not using hard to find resources and getting loads of the same material but I'm open to new ideas so show me then Very Happy. And if you are going to suggest something that completely demolishes someone's work with a better version of it then don't do it and make myself seem insanely smart :p
    SlaveofRH
    SlaveofRH
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by SlaveofRH 2011-06-25, 05:25

Here's mine.. it makes 16 obby at a time and can be enlarged as well to do more. Jhubbz made it for meh. :3

Spoiler:

It's very simple as you can see. And a lot more compact.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-06-25, 05:29

Yeahhh... everyone knows how to make obby generators.

I even have one in my SSP. (although it's basic like krio's, as I play SSP in vanilla)

I'm researching how to make multi-tier'd obby generators for maximum effectiveness (namely, for Power Pick).
    krios101

Post by krios101 2011-06-25, 05:38

Yeaaaah ok in contrast from mine to yours whilst thats much more easier to use than mine and it's smaller this was only recently found out and I want to see the potential this version of the generator has and what I can do and this can also double as a way for people who don't use redstone to use it without throwing it away and putting it to good use.

Edit: Lizard I know pretty much everyone knows how to make obsidian generators I'm just trying to find different ways of doing so and bear in mind this is early stuff.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-06-25, 05:43

I could show you how to make a 3x1x2 generator for right now. That's the most efficiency I can get out of an obby generator thus far. As I said, I'm researching multi-tier'd generators to maximize the 3x3x3 effect of the power pick.

Last edited by Lizardman on 2011-06-25, 05:44; edited 1 time in total
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-06-25, 05:43

Wow that's different to mine... Mine's made so it can be used for powerpick, although i think it can still be enhanced as you need 9 obsidian to use it effectively.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-06-25, 05:50

Yeah, Obby generators are to take the advantage of the power pick to its fullest, thus a straight version is fairly useless in comparison.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-06-25, 06:06

I think it's possible to create it so all 3 levels can be used for creating Obsidian, rather than just the bottom and top...
    Spxify

Post by Spxify 2011-06-25, 07:39

Some donator helped me creating one once, sorry, I forgot your name. It creates a total of 26 obsidian, but 10 has been put in yourself and that means it creates 16 obsidian by one power-pickaxe use. It uses 16 redstone to create 16 obsidian.

I'm pretty thankful on the one who made it for me ;o
    Stensballe
    Stensballe

Post by Stensballe 2011-06-25, 22:06

ya the 16 obby one is awesome..

bounce bounce bounce
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-06-26, 00:43

i have a similar design to this one in the old 16-bit base. if you know how to work it you can make a 3x3x3 block, the only flaw is that theres a hole straight down the middle, so to make it fully efficient you have to place 1 obby block in the center to power pick. only problem is that its insanely hard to understand the way to make it go from 3x3x1 to 3x3x3. being that i designed it, i understand it fully, but most people dont get it .---.

i might be willing to show some of you, but i might not be on for a while, so if you want to see it, pm me and when im on more again, ill let you know.

Post by Guest 2011-06-26, 01:59

I`m just pointing out that this breaks the rules.
    SlaveofRH
    SlaveofRH
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by SlaveofRH 2011-06-26, 02:59

The_Music_Man wrote:I`m just pointing out that this breaks the rules.
    What rule does it break? oO
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-06-26, 03:20

The "I'm a narb who has no idea what I'm talking about" rule.

It's the most broken rule on the server. :3
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-06-26, 06:08

I get 36 obby with my Obby generator. ( I wasn't the one who made it though. Wink )
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-06-26, 06:19

In theory, you could get infinite obby from a generator's use.

However, it'd be impractical as obby takes a whole 15 seconds to mine per obby.
    DoughnutSpanker
    DoughnutSpanker
    Donator
    Donator

Post by DoughnutSpanker 2011-06-26, 13:41

[offtopic] I hate the "word" Obby. Eugh. Sounds disgusting. [/offtopic]

Meh, I'm not a fan of generators or auto harvesters, but they sure are useful XD
    monpasdg
    monpasdg

Post by monpasdg 2011-06-27, 18:42

Here is my Obsidian Farm

Showing one stack of redstone. I power pick 6 at a time with two rows

Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-10, 06:04