Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+9
Hejjins
NeoCopyman
Pete
menaceofri
Jarvisd
Lizardman
SlaveofRH
Orcworm
redjello
13 posters

Complaint report

redjello
    Banned
    Banned

Complaint report Empty Complaint report

Post by redjello 2011-06-25, 07:58

Came online today to find a few different griefs there was a trap on our platform with the statues and someone broke a few blocks and there was placed torches inside a dark pitfall trap. Okay thats typical right? some people in the world ARE idiots and that happens right? Well upon further investigation the trap that was made without my or any other person who has rights to the areas permission wass made by Timeer2 and the torches that were placed inside the trap that was supposed to be dark so people would fall into it were placed by Krios. I requested for SlaveofRH to come and fix the grief which it is clearly as defined by the rules. SlaveofRH removed the blocks however told me she would not be doing anything to reprimand the creators. the people who placed them get off Scott free without even a slap on the wrists. So I'm making this complaint to make sure someone who follows the rules actually does something. Thanks and have a nice day.

Coordinates to the trap krios placed torches in x-432 z328
    Timeer2's illegal trap -x444 z343
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Complaint report Empty Re: Complaint report

Post by Orcworm 2011-06-25, 08:02

Co-ordinates?
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-06-25, 08:06

They're in the OP, nub. It doesn't say he edited em in. :3
    SlaveofRH
    SlaveofRH
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by SlaveofRH 2011-06-25, 08:06

Red, they placed one torch and deleted it. And krios placed 4. I rolled back the torches. But minor things like that are not fitting for a ban, and we have no warning system. I told you it would be silly to ban a staff member for placing 4 torches.

Implying that I'm not capable of doing my job as staff is pointless as I know more about 'fairness' than you obviously do.

I'm sure I can find many one block griefs from you, and if you want me to ban someone for this crap then be ready to face the consequences if I find any from you. It goes both ways.
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-06-25, 08:11

I don't see any problem with timeers trap. I mean it is off the path in an area no one has done anything with. And wtf you want krios banned? Krios is one of the oldest staff members on here...
    SlaveofRH
    SlaveofRH
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by SlaveofRH 2011-06-25, 08:12

Jarvisd wrote:I don't see any problem with timeers trap. I mean it is off the path in an area no one has done anything with. And wtf you want krios banned? Krios is one of the oldest staff members on here...
    For placing 4 torches.. in a newb trap.
    redjello
    Banned
    Banned

Post by redjello 2011-06-25, 08:14

A) Griefing is the act of vandalism, Vandalism is illegal and a bannable offence
    B) Griefing is the braking and editing of blocks in an area that is
    owned by someone else, marked by someone else, or blocks placed by
    someone else.
    C) Griefing is automatically a bannable offence regardless of how many or how few blocks have been edited.

if you have a problem with the rules you hold everyone else too then perhaps its you who needs a lesson in fairness.
    FYI I've been banned for griefing less then one block, several times.
    SlaveofRH
    SlaveofRH
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by SlaveofRH 2011-06-25, 08:17

FillerB wrote:Banning for under 3 block griefs.

Just a quick note... STOP FUCKING DOING IT.

Yes, it is grief. Yes, it is against the rules. But come on people. You're just wasting time here since such a small amount of grief almost always gets successfully appealed. Write down their name (Make a topic in here with a list of suspected griefers if you want) and only ban them when you find another occurrence of grief by them.

After your little rule changes.
    redjello
    Banned
    Banned

Post by redjello 2011-06-25, 08:20

SlaveofRH wrote:
    FillerB wrote:Banning for under 3 block griefs.

Just a quick note... STOP FUCKING DOING IT.

Yes, it is grief. Yes, it is against the rules. But come on people. You're just wasting time here since such a small amount of grief almost always gets successfully appealed. Write down their name (Make a topic in here with a list of suspected griefers if you want) and only ban them when you find another occurrence of grief by them.

After your little rule changes.

Seriously, did you think before you even added that? First off orcworm
    made the rules not fillerB, we've all seen his attempts at the rules and
    they are NOT the server rules. this isn't under 3 blocks, in fact its over 3 blocks.
    I think i'd go so far as to say that post is spam seeing as how its TOTALLY irrelevant
    SlaveofRH
    SlaveofRH
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by SlaveofRH 2011-06-25, 08:23

It's 4 blocks by a staff member. >< God I don't know why you're so angry over something so ridiculously trivial. Take a break or something man. I was acting on one block griefs and that's what I got from Filler. Staff have more shit on their plate then to deal with one block shit. I'll do it if I have to but really? I'm sure you've got them all over as well.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-06-25, 08:25

Staff tip:

Don't post st00f from S^4 in pub forums unless you're explicitly permitted to do so.
    redjello
    Banned
    Banned

Post by redjello 2011-06-25, 08:28

All I wanted was to report grief and for there to be a little fairness, grief is grief and i'm not helping support this drama any more, I'm tired of this ridiculous shit all over the server, in this case its not even coming from the typical people now its from new people. I'll be playing Terraria there's less drama there.
    menaceofri
    menaceofri

Post by menaceofri 2011-06-25, 09:14

What actions are supposed to be taken over such a small thing seriously? if we were going to ban everyone that edited a block in someone elses land i'm pretty sure it would just be orcworm left, and only because he uses /lb hide :-p. Not a biased response at all, there is nothing less severe that slave can do she did her job, do yours and accept her judgement. or QQ and play a different game your call.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-06-25, 09:14

FillerB DOES make the rules, Orc approves them.
    We're not banning people for placing a torch.
    We're not banning people for placing 4 torches.
    We're not banning staff members for placing four torches.
    We're- Actually, I think you get my point; GTFO.
    NeoCopyman
    NeoCopyman

Post by NeoCopyman 2011-06-25, 12:55

My take on this. Small Griefs ar eusually irrelevant ,but -As the rules have stated- A grief is a grief regardless of how many blocks placed or edited. The rules are there for a reason, without them the Server would fall into deeper hole than it already is. Title should mean nothing in regards to the rules. (Orcworm being the exception, Owner Derp Derp)Old member or not people have been banned before for the tiniest of griefs and by not following suit with swift actions these rules will mean nothing. Yes I've had my mistakes before and the shit was a weird case and things were eventually worked out.
    TL:DR Rules are The Rules, If don't follow/enforce them, then the server falls into Chaos
    -Neo (Sorry about the paragraph)
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-06-25, 13:06

Rules are there to tell the users "If you do any of this, we have every right to ban you". It's not a holy book of duties.
    NeoCopyman
    NeoCopyman

Post by NeoCopyman 2011-06-25, 14:49

Rules are law. Holy book of Duties? Yes, from what I've scene they pretty much are. Nothing more nothing less. In society laws are enforced, there are no people above it. Orcworm Server is big enough to be considered a small society, therefore they should be enforced. Orcworm made them for ALL users to follow. At this point in the shitstorm I would like if Orc went and passed a final judgement, if he already has post me a link please, because I know i'm going around in a circle.
    -Neo
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-06-25, 15:35

Rules are not law; that's why we don't call them laws, but we call them rules. You see, there is a reason we have staff; they are smart people who can decide whether the rule broken should have a punishment, and which one it should have. It's pretty simple, actually; if we didn't want that; we'd have a simple script that bans anyone who breaks a block not created by "Environment" unless the block owner used a command to allow him to.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-06-25, 15:51

PetePorty wrote:Rules are not law; that's why we don't call them laws, but we call them rules. You see, there is a reason we have staff; they are smart people who can decide whether the rule broken should have a punishment, and which one it should have. It's pretty simple, actually; if we didn't want that; we'd have a simple script that bans anyone who breaks a block not created by "Environment" unless the block owner used a command to allow him to.

^^^This^^^

Not to mention, that'd be a major pain in the ass for everyone.
    Hejjins
    Hejjins

Post by Hejjins 2011-06-26, 17:52

Hejjins here, Super glad that red actually said something when my build was griefed. Placing torches to ruin my darkness trap is kinda like building a bridge over someone's moat, defeats the ENTIRE purpose. Grief is grief and I would like him treated as what he is, a griefer. Yes he is staff and gets to wave his shiny title around (or rainbow coloured now...) and may have played since the age of the dinosaurs but the thing is, he still ruined my build and then LEFT without fixing what he had done. Placing torches, seeing wsup and then removing them before he goes on his merry way, all good. Placing torches that wreck my build and then leaving it wrecked, not cool. Sorry it has to be like this but my personal request is that he gets a demotion from staff, people can't just be going around doing something because they have a title and feel that they can get away with it.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-06-26, 18:09

I would suggest any person that creates a trap for people to die, specially a trap for new players, should be banned; considering it's griefing. Also, I think "saving a ton of people's butt" is a hell of a reason too.
    Hejjins
    Hejjins

Post by Hejjins 2011-06-26, 18:09

PetePorty wrote:I would suggest any person that creates a trap for people to die, specially a trap for new players, should be banned; considering it's griefing. Also, I think "saving a ton of people's butt" is a hell of a reason too.

I made a trap intended to kill people on a PvP server; prawblum, porty?
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-06-26, 18:11

Yes, problem. Player versus player; that doesn't mean you should go around making everyone kill themselves. And again, saving new people from being killed is a pretty good reason to place torches.

EDIT: It's 3 am, if you have anything else to say, I'll check it in the morning.

Last edited by PetePorty on 2011-06-26, 18:17; edited 1 time in total
    Hejjins
    Hejjins

Post by Hejjins 2011-06-26, 18:16

PetePorty wrote:Yes, problem. Player versus player; that doesn't mean you should go around making everyone kill themselves. And again, saving new people from being killed is a pretty good reason to place torches.

Grief is grief. PvP is PvP. Lets have punishment fit for a griefer and move on.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-06-26, 18:18

Oh God. Read the second to last statement on the rules. Now read the rules and tell me where it says leaving traps around is allowed. Once you do that, come back. Now, good night.
    menaceofri
    menaceofri

Post by menaceofri 2011-06-26, 19:26

Rules exist as a guide not divine law at pete said, I'd always remind my mods that we arent tyrants, their job is to assist players on the server to get along and help the server run smoothly. Ive stated my opinion of such traps previously so i wont again. the moderator made a decision and like it or not you should respect that. Something so small and bickering about you are pretty much promoting disruption on the server. If arguing with moderators isnt against the rules i'm sure its a pretty bad idea.
    krios101

Post by krios101 2011-06-26, 19:43

I'm gonna say what I have to say and get out of here because this is just getting silly now.

First off on that specific day I was checking the general area around the Orcworm statue for any signs of grief anywhere and I couldn't find anything so I wandered around and found this building that I went into, it was dark so I placed down torches like anyone else would; Long-serving staff member or total newb. I had no way of telling that this was a trap intended for new players and that it was built by Red or that it even was a 16 bit Building so don't go saying it was intentional. I only learned that it was a trap yesterday. I was only merely exploring with no intention to grief or destroy anything.

In my eyes traps for new people are wrong and getting worked up over a few placed down torches which anyone would have done is just stupid. You could have simply taken down the torches very simply it's not like I went and placed bedrock everywhere but you had to go and bring it upon yourself to make a scene out of it and trying to get me banned for something as stupid as 4 torches is just utter BS. Just grow up, come off your high horse and come back to reality.

Albuca
    Albuca
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Albuca 2011-06-26, 20:02

Jarvisd wrote:I don't see any problem with timeers trap. I mean it is off the path in an area no one has done anything with. And wtf you want krios banned? Krios is one of the oldest staff members on here...
    Wierd... you seem to have a problem with mine.
    As does Timmer2. <-Placed locked signs on my griefer traps.
    But hey, I just removed them and carried on.
    Hejjins
    Hejjins

Post by Hejjins 2011-06-26, 20:04

krios101 wrote:I'm gonna say what I have to say and get out of here because this is just getting silly now.

First off on that specific day I was checking the general area around the Orcworm statue for any signs of grief anywhere and I couldn't find anything so I wandered around and found this building that I went into, it was dark so I placed down torches like anyone else would; Long-serving staff member or total newb. I had no way of telling that this was a trap intended for new players and that it was built by Red or that it even was a 16 bit Building so don't go saying it was intentional. I only learned that it was a trap yesterday. I was only merely exploring with no intention to grief or destroy anything.

In my eyes traps for new people are wrong and getting worked up over a few placed down torches which anyone would have done is just stupid. You could have simply taken down the torches very simply it's not like I went and placed bedrock everywhere but you had to go and bring it upon yourself to make a scene out of it and trying to get me banned for something as stupid as 4 torches is just utter BS. Just grow up, come off your high horse and come back to reality.

Except the part that it is MY trap, not reds I am just glad he reported the grief. I could NOT remove them as I am not frequently on server at the moment and the ONLY person with permission to edit my blocks is Onlyme as specified in my absence post. I couldn't remove them or complain about the grief, so red did it for me, now because red posted about it instead of me its been turned into some ordeal, Krios, sorry but you griefed and grief is grief unless you are Orcworm or have permission.
    I don't want you permabanned, trust me on that. I want you to be punished for sure because I don't think its right that a staff gets away with grief because he has played a long time and has a rainbow title, its more of the fact that I think the rules set for everyone should be used by everyone.

Albuca wrote: Wierd... you seem to have a problem with mine.
    As does Timmer2. <-Placed locked signs on my griefer traps.
    But hey, I just removed them and carried on.

I can't rollback or really go in and remove them while I can't reach the server, as I said I wouldn't have had a problem with this if he hadn't left them there.
    krios101

Post by krios101 2011-06-26, 20:12

Oh and hejjins I got a 6 hour temp ban yesterday, happy now?
    Hejjins
    Hejjins

Post by Hejjins 2011-06-26, 20:38

Griefers usually get much more than that so not really, your still being treated special. It is however better than nothing.
    NeoCopyman
    NeoCopyman

Post by NeoCopyman 2011-06-26, 20:44

Best were going to get for a higher up. All I cared about in this was that the person is punished. So ja, I'm out of this.
    -Neo
    krios101

Post by krios101 2011-06-26, 21:02

I define exploration of a dark place by placing torches and that is not a grief I only got temp banned so you little butt hurt kidies would stop moaning and you're only making a scene because a member of staff happened to come across said building and placed down torches because it was dark and some people are too lazy to takedown a few measly torches and hejjins I've been on this server near enough 8 months doing my part for the server and ever compare someone of my caliber to a low life griefer. This has gone on long enough can we got a lock now because this is just getting stupid.
    PINGASFIST
    PINGASFIST
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by PINGASFIST 2011-06-26, 22:50

Actually I'm deleting the post I just spent about 15 minutes writing and getting out while I still can-

There's just too much stupid in this thread to stay any longer
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-06-27, 01:32

As I said; the rules clearly state that a staff member can grief whenever he wants to as long as he has a good reason to. Being able to see is a good reason; saving new players from dying is a good reason too, so Krios did not break the rules. The rules don't say anything about making traps for killing people, so it might be wrong or not; either way, Krios did nothing wrong, and you might have.

(Also, Filly, you should prolly say something about traps in the rules...)
    Krellyn
    Krellyn

Post by Krellyn 2011-06-27, 01:44

PetePorty wrote:As I said; the rules clearly state that a staff member can grief whenever he wants to as long as he has a good reason to. Being able to see is a good reason; saving new players from dying is a good reason too, so Krios did not break the rules. The rules don't say anything about making traps for killing people, so it might be wrong or not; either way, Krios did nothing wrong, and you might have.

(Also, Filly, you should prolly say something about traps in the rules...)

PVP Server. It's been discussed.

Also, Pete, I agree with you, but not in this instance. Obvious traps are obvious. Lighting up a trap isn't a good reason, as it was an obvious trap.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-06-27, 01:45

I'm pretty sure at least two people mentioned you couldn't see the hole in the ground at all. How can it be obviously a trap when you can't see nothing.
    PINGASFIST
    PINGASFIST
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by PINGASFIST 2011-06-27, 01:51

PetePorty wrote:I'm pretty sure at least two people mentioned you couldn't see the hole in the ground at all. How can it be obviously a trap when you can't see nothing.

Not to mention if a trap was that obvious there was no point in it existing in the first place, because an obvious trap won't work on anyone, so there shouldn't have been this much butthurt over it to begin with. Surely lighting it up wouldn't even matter if it was obvious anyway?
    Krellyn
    Krellyn

Post by Krellyn 2011-06-27, 01:58

PINGASFIST wrote:
    PetePorty wrote:I'm pretty sure at least two people mentioned you couldn't see the hole in the ground at all. How can it be obviously a trap when you can't see nothing.

Not to mention if a trap was that obvious there was no point in it existing in the first place, because an obvious trap won't work on anyone, so there shouldn't have been this much butthurt over it to begin with. Surely lighting it up wouldn't even matter if it was obvious anyway?

It says "Diamond Cave" on it. I just blew your argument out of the water.
    PINGASFIST
    PINGASFIST
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by PINGASFIST 2011-06-27, 02:06

LOL

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-14, 14:18