Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+7
Onlyme
Gnomeygnome
Lizardman
Orcworm
Pete
FillerB
E Karney
11 posters

First time surgery

E Karney
    E Karney

First time surgery  Empty First time surgery

Post by E Karney 2011-07-07, 12:16

So early tomorrow morning I'm having surgery on my nose to get some nasal polyps removed and since its my first time having surgery I don't really know what to expect. Just thinking about it is freaking me out a bit.
    FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

First time surgery  Empty Re: First time surgery

Post by FillerB 2011-07-07, 12:29

I had some surgery to my nose done when I was 8-9. Don't recall exactly what is was for (something with excess mucus or something) but I imagine the procedure is the same. You'll get anesthesia, count back from 10, blackout at 8 and wake up with family mourning at your bedside. It's that easy. Going to the dentist is scarier.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-07-07, 12:56

When I got my first surgery I woke up enraged because the doctors tricked me into blowing a balloon to get anesthesia... I jumped out of the bed and took everything off me... It hurt like a bitch. (Shut up, I was 5 >.<)

Anyways, not much to expect... Relax and just go to sleep, it's pretty much the same, except that there will be people watching you sleep, lol. (With a decent surgeon, you should be completely painless after the surgery.)
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-07-07, 12:58

I wonder if there's ever been a case where the patient was able to feel what was happening but was unable to react due to the drugs.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-07-07, 12:59

Actually, there's a movie about that. The name escapes me now as I saw it a long time ago.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-07-07, 12:59

Not since 1300.
    Gnomeygnome
    Gnomeygnome

Post by Gnomeygnome 2011-07-07, 13:03

Shit is painful ~_~, Let's hope the drugs do work. >Very Happy
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-07-07, 13:07

Orcworm wrote:I wonder if there's ever been a case where the patient was able to feel what was happening but was unable to react due to the drugs.

eeeeeeejup.png. It's called Anesthesia awareness. But that is pretty rare/impossible to happen if the medical personnel knows what it's doing.
    Onlyme
    Onlyme

Post by Onlyme 2011-07-07, 13:26

I remember undergoing surgery for my teeth (wisdom teeth removal). They put a needle in me, and no more than three seconds I was out.

Also didn't wake up until HOURS after they were done.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Very Happy
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-07-07, 13:35

I've had surgery four times. Each time it was essentially the same as the others' experiences. My most recent was also wisdom teeth removal. Put an IV in the back of my hand and I counted back. "Ten... Nine... Eight... Sssssssssssnooorrrrre."

The only scary part was waking up, but I blame my father for that. I woke up at home in my Dad's easy chair, feet propped up on the ottoman. My dad was on the couch reading the paper and Mom was off to the right, making some Mac and cheese. (homemade, not that kraft-in-a-box shit). But why was it scary? Well, you know when you first wake up from a deep sleep and are so groggy you're having trouble sorting your dreams from reality? Well, Jurrassic Park was playing on the 80 inch TV screen. I woke up to the T-Rex scooping the lawyer of the toilet and shaking him around. Scary shit when you've still got one foot in Neverland.
    E Karney
    E Karney

Post by E Karney 2011-07-07, 13:38

Thanks for the input guys, I think I can sleep easy now.
    Onlyme
    Onlyme

Post by Onlyme 2011-07-07, 13:48

Rulyon wrote:I've had surgery four times. Each time it was essentially the same as the others' experiences. My most recent was also wisdom teeth removal. Put an IV in the back of my hand and I counted back. "Ten... Nine... Eight... Sssssssssssnooorrrrre."

The only scary part was waking up, but I blame my father for that. I woke up at home in my Dad's easy chair, feet propped up on the ottoman. My dad was on the couch reading the paper and Mom was off to the right, making some Mac and cheese. (homemade, not that kraft-in-a-box shit). But why was it scary? Well, you know when you first wake up from a deep sleep and are so groggy you're having trouble sorting your dreams from reality? Well, Jurrassic Park was playing on the 80 inch TV screen. I woke up to the T-Rex scooping the lawyer of the toilet and shaking him around. Scary shit when you've still got one foot in Neverland.

I lol'd.

Your parents should've known better then to put that movie on. xD
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-07-07, 13:57

Or they put on that movie EXACTLY because they knew it would scare the shit out of him.
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-07-07, 14:15

Well, supposedly I had been talking to them and requested it. But I had no memory of it in that fog. It's like being drunk.
    xbot668

Post by xbot668 2011-07-07, 15:26

Rulyon wrote:I've had surgery four times. Each time it was essentially the same as the others' experiences. My most recent was also wisdom teeth removal. Put an IV in the back of my hand and I counted back. "Ten... Nine... Eight... Sssssssssssnooorrrrre."

Thank you for that relaxing moment of laughter ^_^
    uberblake
    uberblake

Post by uberblake 2011-07-07, 16:12

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=jknYHoRv6E4 [/youtube]

If the [YouTube] doesn't work blame mah stupid iPod...-.-
    Monstaboi
    Monstaboi

Post by Monstaboi 2011-07-07, 20:01

dental surgery (teeth drilling and such/ crowns) are terrible, you don't get the full knock out, its just makes you lightheaded. and they end up giving you around 2-4 shots in your mouth, which in themselves hurt badly, and after your actually done with the numbness part your mouth feels like its made of a lard-jello mixture and as it wears off it hurts like somebody has just about flayed your gums. its TERRIBLE. not to mention the dentist insists on talking to you...
    E Karney
    E Karney

Post by E Karney 2011-07-08, 06:42

Alright so the surgery went fine and all I have now is a semi constant nose bleed that should stop in the next few days. Thanks everyone for your input.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-28, 04:53