Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+6
lolyounoob1
GaMerG77
Jarvisd
freddy705
Monstaboi
Grintendo
10 posters

Server War Hub Arena is now up (still in testing!)

Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Server War Hub Arena is now up (still in testing!) Empty Server War Hub Arena is now up (still in testing!)

Post by Grintendo 2011-07-15, 09:33

You heard right folks, with some extensive work from myself Jar and Zz_For_Dannn we've set up a lovely war hub arena for you.

The warzone is currently named: 'War'

Full description of the plugin here: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-fun-war-v1-6-de-gaulle-preview-2-minecraft-tdm-ctf-935-953.250/

Basic description:

The idea of the game is to capture the enemy flag, which is located in their home castle, and bring it to your home spawn. By doing this, your team will gain a point, and after X (Undecided) amount of points is scored, you win the game.

Another way to win is by your enemy's life pool to run out. Each team has a life pool, and when this life pool hits 0, your teams done.

There is also a monument in the center of map, where if you place your teams wool, you will capture and after X seconds (?) you will gain a health boost.

There is currently 3 teams in this map. Diamond, Gold, and Iron. (Original, i know!)

We're still at early testing phases so i plan to (possibly)...

Create a proper monument
    Use the teams treasury better by giving more items like fences and maybe armor.
    Add a grief-able back entrance to each teams castle (you'll understand how this works when you play)
    Add mines for each teams containing minerals for teams to "upgrade" their armor and supplies
    (Very maybe) add a way to create food while in the arena.
    TNT Traps
    And more...

Please leave suggestions and comments on the arena here Smile

To join the arena either type /Warhub ,/Zone War (fastest) or go down the spawn stairs and find the WarHub yourselves!

EDIT: The use of teleportation of ANY kind while participating in a War is of course explicitly BANNED for the obvious reasons. Play the game properly and don't cheat your way to victory. Smile
    Monstaboi
    Monstaboi

Server War Hub Arena is now up (still in testing!) Empty Re: Server War Hub Arena is now up (still in testing!)

Post by Monstaboi 2011-07-15, 09:50

i've been trying to set mine up, but even after jarvisd and gamemaster making me zonemaker i still cant use war commands. (semi-related?)
    freddy705
    freddy705

Server War Hub Arena is now up (still in testing!) Empty Re: Server War Hub Arena is now up (still in testing!)

Post by freddy705 2011-07-15, 09:52

This looks awsome grintendo!

i might check it out Smile

Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-07-15, 10:14

Monstaboi is an idiot. When I am AFk, I can't help you sorry, and you were Zonemaker.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-07-15, 10:20

Thanks Freddy, it's still early days but spread the word!
    Monstaboi
    Monstaboi

Post by Monstaboi 2011-07-15, 10:23

Jarvisd wrote:Monstaboi is an idiot. When I am AFk, I can't help you sorry, and you were Zonemaker.
    orly? even when i was zonemaker, i used the setzone commands and warzone would give me the error "you cant use zonemaker commands unless your zonemaker", which i was.
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-07-15, 10:24

It's not even open. -_- Bedrock is blocking the entrance.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-07-15, 10:26

Haha, Jar blocked it up, not sure why. I'm off to go sleep have someone open it with WE or something
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-07-15, 10:27

Grintendo wrote:Haha, Jar blocked it up, not sure why. I'm off to go sleep have someone open it with WE or something
    Who the hell is gonna open it?
    MonstaBoi, I had the same problem when Me and Jar were working on it on the old map.
    lolyounoob1
    lolyounoob1

Post by lolyounoob1 2011-07-15, 11:25

GaMerG77 wrote:
    Grintendo wrote:Haha, Jar blocked it up, not sure why. I'm off to go sleep have someone open it with WE or something
    Who the hell is gonna open it?
    MonstaBoi, I had the same problem when Me and Jar were working on it on the old map.

*cough* lolyounoob1, jarvisd, and gamerg77 *cough*
    Baldymoint7
    Baldymoint7

Post by Baldymoint7 2011-07-15, 11:29

Yay its finally back!!! Smile Thanks you Smile If I can be of any assistance when I'm on, I will help you.
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-07-15, 13:34

Played it, was lag-infested, Killed by a sword 5-10 blocks away, arrows not hitting anyone, and it is just PvPing, why was it needed? Just PvP, it's less laggier.

/2cents
    Albuca
    Albuca
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Albuca 2011-07-15, 14:04

/me thinks its fun.
    It is a little laggy when the zone is reset (a few sec), but other then that its not bad.
    I agree with gamer, there is a little lag when pvping, but its not entirley bad.

The zone def. needs some tree's though.

Also, Grint, add this to your OP.

Here are the commands you have access to as a regular player on a War server. Essential commands are in bold.

/warhub
    Teleports you to the warhub, if it exists. The warhub offers portals to reach each warzone on the server.
    /warzones, /zones
    Lists the warzones on the server. Each warzone is an independent TDM arena.
    /warzone <zone-name>, /zone <zone-name>
    Teleports you to the specified warzone's lobby.
    /teams
    Lists the teams in the warzone. Must be standing in zone or in its lobby.
    /leave
    Use to leave a warzone. Teleports you back to the zone lobby. Must be in a team already.
    Use "/war leave" to work around conflict with HeroChat.
    /team <message>
    Team chat.

Grintendo wrote:Create a proper monument Done! =D Its sexy now
    Use the teams treasury better by giving more items like fences and maybe armor. Added some signs to make finding things easier
    Add a grief-able back entrance to each teams castle (you'll understand how this works when you play) Its already griefable to get in...
    Add mines for each teams containing minerals for teams to "upgrade" their armor and supplies
    TNT Traps
    Add Trees Done =D (they were really really needed)
    And more...

I used all my own stooof =]
    (well except 10 double slabs, since I cant make those, and you cant make em' when there is a block above it >.>)

Love,
    me
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-07-15, 20:38

Cheers for the help Alby Smile, i hope you /savezone'd? (I think that's the right command)

Think I'm going to add a under thing in the monument which contains more secret chests with some cool supplies which will be accessed after breaking like 4 or 6 obsidian.

And it's not really easy to grief in atm, since the obsidian walls acts as a grief proof block, so i was going to remove an obsidian area from the back of each teams castle and maybe mark it with another block like slabs or something.
    aapl2
    aapl2

Post by aapl2 2011-07-15, 23:19

Grintendo wrote:

ask orc for a zombie pigmen spawner and build a mob grinder but make players find the lava.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-07-15, 23:36

Could work!
    Albuca
    Albuca
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Albuca 2011-07-16, 03:06

Nope, go through the turrets, then out near the ladders, works great Wink
    Course /savezone'd lol, I even disabled the zone while I was working on it too lol.
    I also added some signs in the basement of the bases so stuff is at least labled.
    But I agree, some mobs in a arena around the monument would be cool!
    FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

Post by FillerB 2011-07-16, 03:16

Made a small addition to the OP because Dan and I found out the teleportation (TP, Compass, /jumpto etc.) while in the War is possible. As this of course gives Donators a MASSIVE advantage (and lets not even go into the possibilities to cheat) while playing we both decided that it is better to just ban it altogether. If you War-boys don't agree with it (which I doubt) than feel free to remove the notice.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-07-16, 03:17

That's an awesome idea, we can add some monster spawners around the monument

Cheers Filler, feel free to edit it how you please if you find it beneficial (all staff) Smile.
    Albuca
    Albuca
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Albuca 2011-07-16, 03:37

(I cant edit your OP)

Also! Make sure to turn off your /mc before entering the zone!
    I've had to make people leave then come back because they were unable to turn it off lol

Filler, Staff _can_ use *some* commands while in the zone. To disable that for yourself, type /zm and itll turn you back into a normal player. Else your defaultly set as a ZoneMaster Wink

But for normal players, commands are disabled. So donators _do_ need to turn off MC lol.

But we should def, make the mob spawners kinda inaccesable to the players so they have to kinda fight to disable them. Under/above ground with some water to move the mobs?

(Also, staff should /ungod LOL)
    FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

Post by FillerB 2011-07-16, 03:41

Ah I see. Disregard my foolishness then.
    Albuca
    Albuca
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Albuca 2011-07-16, 03:43

No worries, I didnt figure it out till I was going through the commands and saw /zomemaster ... I was like, really?
    Go in game, type it... Oh! Crap. Haha.
    But s'all good, (most) staff (well the ones still here) dont abuse our commands.

Tho I am very excited by the wargames ^^
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-07-16, 04:02

We can simply burry them with a few blocks of obsidian around them or a combination of that and becrock to make it even harder to access?
    Albuca
    Albuca
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Albuca 2011-07-16, 04:40

But we need to the mobs to spawn, can they spawn through obsidian?
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-07-16, 04:42

I realize that Razz. Yep i've seen them spawn being encased in stone (custom 1 player map), pretty sure obsidian works too.
    Albuca
    Albuca
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Albuca 2011-07-16, 04:44

LOL my bad.

Well need to test this and see if it works.
    (Orc can we have a mobspawner to play with? Smile)
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-07-16, 04:55

Do you forget that some of us have been gifted with some extras for the creation of the arena, and spawn clean up and more...? Razz
    Albuca
    Albuca
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Albuca 2011-07-16, 05:00

<-- Hasnt
    Would like to be, but hasnt (yet) lol
    I had them for spawn cleanup, but Orc took it away (op) lol.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-07-16, 05:04

Ha, i *could* use with help for the spawn clean up, it's proving to be a freaking huge project...
    Albuca
    Albuca
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Albuca 2011-07-16, 05:06

Im down.
    Its fun to go, dirt shack... Muwahahaha //set 0

Also I found the OMG this is awesome and will so help, page.
    http://orcworm.co.uk/stats/?view=playerList

Shows when the player joined, and when they last were online.
    Jul 7th 2011 is the farthest it goes back tho. (thats when we added it)
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-07-16, 05:09

Oh my word! You don't know how much i wanted a list like this, i had no idea it existed!

I'm literally crying in happiness! Ok not quite, but seriously, THANK YOU Razz
    Albuca
    Albuca
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Albuca 2011-07-16, 05:11

Your welcome lol.

I remembered about it when I was commenting on the Archeron activity check, and was like... maybe the stats plugin does this, because it tells me when I last logged on when I log in... lol

I agree, its wonderbar =D
    (It also tells you a boatload of stuff about players too, blocks placed/picked up, kills, etc)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-29, 20:29