Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+2
GaMerG77
WhiteOwl
6 posters

Terraria Server Problems

WhiteOwl
    WhiteOwl

Terraria Server Problems Empty Terraria Server Problems

Post by WhiteOwl 2011-07-16, 14:32

I've spent a lot of time on this server playing with a lot of great people... but as of recent, it seems people are able to come in and walk all over everyone because they can *hack* (They're not, just some simple-command typing idiots).

To make matters worse I seem to be kicked quite frequently at random intervals. Even if I'm just digging underground, or healing, or falling to my death... or just standing in one lone spot.

And as I speak, there's a moron copying names and spamming the chat (which happens to totally lag me out on my low bandwidth connection :\) and throwing sand everywhere. On top of that he's successfully trolling 3-5 other people who are yelling at everyone else that 'It's not them'. *facepalm*

So! Since... no wait, now he's copying me... good lord....

Some sort of separate white list server? I understand the desire for new blood, but it seems the shit flows with it. Would be nice to have an unhindered experience as this game is still very addicting.

And to note: Jexius is adding a global logon component to the tMod client, so it won't have to be for too long.
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Terraria Server Problems Empty Re: Terraria Server Problems

Post by GaMerG77 2011-07-16, 14:49

Why is there a double post with a period only? Lol? Whats the username of this person who is copying name and spamming?
    WhiteOwl
    WhiteOwl

Post by WhiteOwl 2011-07-16, 14:56

I couldn't get it, kept copying everyone elses. The second post was only connection related, and I couldn't delete the post or think of anything to say xD
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-07-16, 15:19

Deleted second post. Now to your problem...

We obviously need Orc (Or Zu, his terraria expert Razz) to answer, but in general we all know the Terraria software is really unstable and not even decent... At this time, I'm pretty sure there's nothing we can do about this "hacking"...
    Krellyn
    Krellyn

Post by Krellyn 2011-07-16, 15:56

In all honesty, WhiteOwl, there isn't toooo much we can do... The creators of tMod shouldn't have made their client.. Now people are making different standalones of the original program. Hacks are everywhere right now.

The most we can do, which has been done on the new map, is Zone certain areas so those sand and dirt griefers can't do crap.

The new tMod Server version is also very funky.... For one, it doesn't seem to keep logs (unless it is placed in a different folder alltogether). If we can manage to get logs, then all I would need is a name (or anything CLOSE to the name) of the person. Can ban them instantly from there on.
    WhiteOwl
    WhiteOwl

Post by WhiteOwl 2011-07-17, 05:34

Hence the whitelist. For instance, I'm able to change my IP and name whenever I want. And I assure you I don't use the tMod client. But there's no identifiable information beyond the IP and name.

There's nothing to stop me if I did use it, and wanted to come back destroying everything but spawn.

^^ Mind you that's not a threat, but something that many more people than just me are capable of. And they *are* doing it. :P

Only until Jexius implements the global logon scheme, or a seperate w-list server. Which would mean the difference of immediately reconnecting (give or take a few seconds to make a few changes) or signing up to apply (which really isn't that difficult either, and makes the server a smaller target for griefers).

Reason being is that me and a couple other guys spent a good 10 hours building an awesome setup (which I believe to have been safe from greifing given the location, hehe) only to have the world reset because of... well greifing. Then right off the bat *that* got plastered with sand and bombs.

There really is no point to playing if you can't really play the game. And I really could just find a whitelist server, but I like you guys, and I love your MC server. And my opinion really probably doesn't mean that much, as most of you don't know me. xD

And I mean, I can deal with it, but I can't imagine others are that patient - for example a guy spent 3 hours complaining about a house that took 1 hour to build (he could have built a 3x better house, go figure) then went on to scream about the griefing.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-07-17, 06:02

I'll get a whitelist plugin set up, in it's current state Terraria really is a trainwreck, as you saw on the tMod forums I can't even rollback players with name spaces.

(Oh, and I still have that world if you want it ;p)

Let me know any players you want adding.
    WhiteOwl
    WhiteOwl

Post by WhiteOwl 2011-07-17, 06:31

Yeah! I was going to ask about that.

I think the best course of action is to make a whitelist topic and refer people to that in the terraria server list information panel on (Terrarianet.com / terrariaonline-servers.com) as those are the two decent places for people to find it. Plus it'll also shine some light on the MC server too.

As for logging, I think I'll crack a shot at making a .net plugin for tMod since logging is vital to staying updated on server affairs.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-07-17, 06:43

WhiteOwl
    WhiteOwl

Post by WhiteOwl 2011-07-17, 06:53

Thank you so much for that, Orc! Wink
    alexasaro
    alexasaro

Post by alexasaro 2011-08-13, 10:08

Strange, I can't seem to connect. Whats the port? 7777? Maybe its the IP. orcworm.co.uk?
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-08-13, 10:43

terraria.orcworm.co.uk:7777

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-10, 02:31