Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

3 posters

I'm confused

Ziega

I'm confused Empty I'm confused

Post by Ziega 2011-07-29, 06:44

Hi! I was in the middle of buying a plot and was kicked/banned from the server for xray hacking. I am appealing this ban because I wasn't hacking and am confused as to what exactly I did wrong. I run no addons, hacks, cheats or background programs whatsoever while playing minecraft and have tried to be as polite as possible at all times. Anyways, I would really like to not lose all of my work on your server as I enjoy it very much. Thanks

Z
    FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

I'm confused Empty Re: I'm confused

Post by FillerB 2011-07-29, 06:49

Code:
    ziega    orcworm.co.uk    godjmike    [Reason: X Ray Hacking] [Staff: GoDjMike]    2011-07-28 12:38:00       10/10

Mike has 24 hours to show us the goods or you'll be unbanned.
    Ziega

Post by Ziega 2011-07-29, 06:56

Okay, thanks for the update!
    GoDjMike
    GoDjMike

Post by GoDjMike 2011-07-29, 08:42

Alright, you will be glad to hear that you check out, and that this appeal will be accepted, but, just to show that this wasn't a ban that was without thought, I'll share some screen shots and explain my thought process on this whole ordeal.

The first clue I saw that made me suspicious was when I LB'd your chests and found an immense amount of diamonds/diamond picks being taken and or deposited within your chests.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

My first reaction after that was to search for concrete evidence (when on further investigation, was lacking). I only found a couple of good instances of you mining ores that were not visible before I moved onto the next step/thought process.
    Spoiler:

Continuing on, it occurred to me that it would be beneficial to see if you had bought any diamonds at a shop, which would explain all of the ores. But, upon inquiring you about how long you've been on Orcworm, and when you said yes, this was your first time, I looked up your /money, to see that you had 629 gil
    Spoiler:
    . Knowing that the cheapest diamonds were selling at 35 gil a piece, and that Guests start out with 500 gil, that was the last straw for me. Except, about 5 minutes later, I realized that I gave no thought to other ways he could have received those diamonds. Ex. PvP, a friend, buying and re-selling ect. So, that was my mistake. There's my Staff noob mistake for you all Mad

But, more importantly, you're unbanned once I get to it. And, I've learned a very valuable lesson...
    Ziega

Post by Ziega 2011-07-29, 08:46

Forgiven Smile Thanks for the unban and explanation.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 17:35