Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

4 posters

Frameskip?

The_Music_Man
    The_Music_Man

Frameskip? Empty Frameskip?

Post by The_Music_Man 2011-08-25, 23:30

So I've been browsing the TO forums, and a lot of people have mentitoned the use of the use of 'Frameskip' in Mob Farming.
    I have tried to use framseskip, but after me toggling thw option and my game freezing for a second, nothing happens;
    So my question is: What does Frameskip do?
    alexasaro
    alexasaro

Frameskip? Empty Re: Frameskip?

Post by alexasaro 2011-10-15, 01:57

Skips a frame?
    The_Music_Man
    The_Music_Man

Post by The_Music_Man 2011-10-15, 06:47

Nice 3 moneth necro, and no really?
    I want to know how it can be used in farming.
    G
    G

Post by G 2011-10-15, 07:50

Oh, You just turn on frameskip, go near the grass area near the edge of the world, (Closest grass area near sand) then click on a different window out of terraria, you should hear a ton of noises, then see a king slime.

I THINK.
    Quackoqazs
    Quackoqazs

Post by Quackoqazs 2011-10-16, 03:15

G is mostly right. To spawn a King Slime, you go to the end of the world and stay in a grassy area. You use the windows bar at the bottom of your screen to minimize Terraria, and Windows will take control of Terraria. Windows naturally handles programmes with a frame rate higher that Terraria's set frame rate, so in effect, your game goes in fast forward without you seeing it. If you keep the music on, and minimize using the windows bar on the bottom, you can still hear the music, then just mazimize Terraria again once you hear the boss music starting, and you'll have a King Slime on your arse. Best results are if you trap yourself in a little dirt cage, so no pointless enemies hit you while you aren't playing.
    alexasaro
    alexasaro

Post by alexasaro 2011-10-21, 02:04

Quackoqazs wrote:G is mostly right. To spawn a King Slime, you go to the end of the world and stay in a grassy area. You use the windows bar at the bottom of your screen to minimize Terraria, and Windows will take control of Terraria. Windows naturally handles programmes with a frame rate higher that Terraria's set frame rate, so in effect, your game goes in fast forward without you seeing it. If you keep the music on, and minimize using the windows bar on the bottom, you can still hear the music, then just mazimize Terraria again once you hear the boss music starting, and you'll have a King Slime on your arse. Best results are if you trap yourself in a little dirt cage, so no pointless enemies hit you while you aren't playing.
    ...Except for those fucking annoying worms...
    Quackoqazs
    Quackoqazs

Post by Quackoqazs 2011-10-25, 06:48

If you're above the 0 level, Giant Worms shouldn't spawn.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-10, 04:21