Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

4 posters

3D - Background

Invision
    Invision
    Forum Developer
    Forum Developer

3D - Background Empty 3D - Background

Post by Invision 2011-01-27, 01:50

Hey guys, I just got my new computer 2 days ago, which is freaking awesome!

I've installed the whole Adobe CS5 pack, Zbrush 4.0, Autodesk's 3ds Max and more.

So, my brother teached me about the 3ds max, and after 1 day, I was able to this by myself:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Rate it from 1/5 please. Smile
    battlekid
    battlekid

3D - Background Empty Re: 3D - Background

Post by battlekid 2011-01-27, 02:10

Hmmm... Looks like it's time to torrent Autodesk or Maya...

I'm not too sure, but I'll say 7/10 (extra points for first try/time)? I don't have much experience with those bits of software, I'm more of a video taking/editing/effects kind of guy Very Happy.

From a design look, I'd only say 5/10 Sad.

From a pro look, 1/10 Sad.

However, good job for a beginner!
    Rang3ramhard
    Rang3ramhard

Post by Rang3ramhard 2011-01-27, 02:20

I give it a 5/5 it looks good, and because I fail at doing wallpapers.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-01-27, 02:29

You don't get to do pro rating unless you're a pro, thankyouverymuch.

Well, from a peanut gallery artist, I'd say it looks pretty good, the first "N" and the "S" look pretty flat, though, unlike the rest of the letters. The "S" is understandable, it is just in between the person and the light source, (it should still have some , but meh) the "N", although, looks pretty... weird compared to the rest.

I love the grained effect of the fuzzy end-of-shadows, it looks good, and gives a texture to the base of the image.

Sadly, I don't know how to read this big white spot near the bottom of my screen, I mean... is it a second light source? If so, the lights are all fucked up, sorry. >.<

The third "I" looks like it's lighted from above, unlike the rest of the letters.

Soap Opera artist review says you got a 3.7/5

I would've give it a 3.5, but since it look great at first glance, it's that.
    Invision
    Invision
    Forum Developer
    Forum Developer

Post by Invision 2011-01-27, 02:36

PetePorty wrote:You don't get to do pro rating unless you're a pro, thankyouverymuch.

Well, from a peanut gallery artist, I'd say it looks pretty good, the first "N" and the "S" look pretty flat, though, unlike the rest of the letters. The "S" is understandable, it is just in between the person and the light source, (it should still have some , but meh) the "N", although, looks pretty... weird compared to the rest.

I love the grained effect of the fuzzy end-of-shadows, it looks good, and gives a texture to the base of the image.

Sadly, I don't know how to read this big white spot near the bottom of my screen, I mean... is it a second light source? If so, the lights are all fucked up, sorry. >.<

The third "I" looks like it's lighted from above, unlike the rest of the letters.

Soap Opera artist review says you got a 3.7/5

I would've give it a 3.5, but since it look great at first glance, it's that.

I changed the directions of the letters, so I could practice on the shortcut-buttons etc.
    And the grained effect, of the shadow is a realistic shadow, where I never added another effect, just that because of the "black" plane (floor) with high reflection settings, I got those particles showing, and I was too lazy to fix that.

Uhm, while in progress, I putted a Cylinder under the "s" so it would be "realistic" and not like "falling"..
    And the N, is just pointed direct at the camera, which makes it look like 2D. Uhm, the third "i" has the "'" over the "l" falling down from the "l" which is only added to be some more weird instead of normal. Razz
    And last, the omni light is added above the text, behind it. And it's strength is pretty high, so thats why it's white all over the plane (floor). And, with the reflection settings on the plane, it gets even more white.. Sorry, but I was WAY to lazy, and it was WAY to advanced for me to fix. Razz

Well, thanks for the "above" half ratings Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 12:52