Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+6
BackHandReaper
Orcworm
jenius20
paradox74
Yarwood
RFairney
10 posters

Permission to Teleport

RFairney
    RFairney

Permission to Teleport Empty Permission to Teleport

Post by RFairney 2011-11-08, 06:27

How to avoid abuse by donators using TP and TPHERE.

Get rid of them.

TPA and TPAhere ask for confirmation before teleporting. Giving those to donators will avoid them teleporting people who don't want to be teleported, and will avoid anyone teleporting to someone to kill them without warning.

It will also allow people a little bit of privacy, as random donators cannot teleport to people to see what they are doing.
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Permission to Teleport Empty Re: Permission to Teleport

Post by Yarwood 2011-11-08, 06:33

Go find the plugin, see if it's updated to the latest CB build, and that it's compatible with our plugins, then maybe Orc will consider it.
    paradox74
    paradox74

Post by paradox74 2011-11-08, 06:36

This has been brought up before. I'm not entirely sure why it wasn't accepted though. I am behind this all the way.
    jenius20
    jenius20

Post by jenius20 2011-11-08, 06:36

will be annoying for staff if they wanna do some vanish filming
    RFairney
    RFairney

Post by RFairney 2011-11-08, 06:38

This is what a lack of plugin lists do to me! I kinda guessed we'd have Essentials on the server already >.<

dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/essentials/

Oh... And for the "Annoying for mods" type comments. I didn't say take it away from everyone, I said take it from donators.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-11-08, 06:42

RFairney wrote:This is what a lack of plugin lists do to me! I kinda guessed we'd have Essentials on the server already >.<

dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/essentials/

Oh... And for the "Annoying for mods" type comments. I didn't say take it away from everyone, I said take it from donators.

That plugin is a spawn of Satan himself.

Seriously though, there are a lot of plugins out there, but I have yet to find one that just does the simple /tpa and /tpherea that's updated to support 1337.

Regarding plugin lists, I keep things like that private since every 12 year old and his dog seem to want to rip off my server completely, then whine to me for help with x plugin I use because it doesn't work properly.
    BackHandReaper
    BackHandReaper

Post by BackHandReaper 2011-11-08, 18:52

Getting /tpa would make people not want to donate. Half the reason why people donate, in my opinion, is for /tp.
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-11-08, 22:07

BackHandReaper wrote:Getting /tpa would make people not want to donate. Half the reason why people donate, in my opinion, is for /tp.

Why would it?
    RFairney
    RFairney

Post by RFairney 2011-11-09, 06:03

It's exactly the same.
    Current setup - You can teleport to people, or teleport people to you, But the rules require permission.
    tpa Setup - You can teleport to people, or teleport people to you, but the plugin requires permission.

You're suggesting people donate, so they can ignore the rules on donator powers ?

Orcworm, I've used that plugin before and never had any issues with it, You obviously have different experiences, Would you be able to explain what is up with it?

Edited to add:
    Just did a bit of research and found this:
    forums.bukkit.org/threads/tp-mech-teleportsuite-v1-1-2-teleport-requests-and-more-1185.29150/

Looks like it doesn't have issues, and is used quite a few places without issues. permission nodes, commands, and some things essentials is missing even (/tpworld, /tprequests for tracking multiple requests)

Last edited by RFairney on 2011-11-09, 06:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addendum)
    SergentPineapple
    SergentPineapple

Post by SergentPineapple 2011-11-09, 06:59

dude donators also tp person to person not necessarily themselves but then they've got to request to tp to one, request to tphere from another then the others have to type /tp accept and shit or we could stick to them asking, you asking if thats ok then/tp (him) (her)
    DoughnutSpanker
    DoughnutSpanker
    Donator
    Donator

Post by DoughnutSpanker 2011-11-09, 07:02

Look, what is the "problem" with /tp? People ask. If they don't, they get in trouble. Problem solved.
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-11-09, 07:46

People teleport to people randomly without asking, they even teleport to staff.

It'll also prevent /tp kill's etc.
    DoughnutSpanker
    DoughnutSpanker
    Donator
    Donator

Post by DoughnutSpanker 2011-11-09, 07:55

If they tp randomly, punish them. If they tp to staff, kick/tempban them. Preventing TP kills? Just ban them if they do TP kill. This is like putting a speed limiter on a car. It basically is saying, I don't trust you, so I'm making it so you can't do anything bad, just in case. Honestly, I think this would be a hassle.

Why fix what ain't broken?
    Monstaboi
    Monstaboi

Post by Monstaboi 2011-11-09, 09:21

DoughnutSpanker wrote:If they tp randomly, punish them. If they tp to staff, kick/tempban them. Preventing TP kills? Just ban them if they do TP kill. This is like putting a speed limiter on a car. It basically is saying, I don't trust you, so I'm making it so you can't do anything bad, just in case. Honestly, I think this would be a hassle.

sieve
    sieve

Post by sieve 2011-11-09, 09:56

DoughnutSpanker wrote:If they tp randomly, punish them. If they tp to staff, kick/tempban them. Preventing TP kills? Just ban them if they do TP kill. This is like putting a speed limiter on a car. It basically is saying, I don't trust you, so I'm making it so you can't do anything bad, just in case. Honestly, I think this would be a hassle.

It would stop the problem before it starts, plus it would make it so the people who don'y use the forums wouldnt have to
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-11-09, 10:57

RFairney wrote:You obviously have different experiences, Would you be able to explain what is up with it?

The most bloated plugin I have ever laid eyes on, and was the cause of several days of headaches (server crashes) back in Jan - Feb. It's just a mess when there are much better alternatives like CommandBook.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-09, 23:07