Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+2
FillerB
I3acon
6 posters

Ban Appeal

I3acon

Ban Appeal Empty Ban Appeal

Post by I3acon 2011-02-16, 21:57

My username is i3acon. I was banned yesterday and I think it was unfair. I was accused of grieving even though we were making something together, tristanlambert1 and I. Also, I may have spammed TNT, but that was because I was given it and I did not know what to do. This is not very nice and jarvisd, the mod that banned me, gave me no explanation at all! Please reconsider.
    FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

Ban Appeal Empty Re: Ban Appeal

Post by FillerB 2011-02-16, 22:39

Moved the topic, be sure to your next appeal (should it ever come to that) in the subforum called Appeals. It's not that bloody hard.

While I'll wait for Jarvisd to go into detail why he banned you I would like to point some things out.

A) Using TNT, while is doesnt do anything for your rank, is banned as is clearly stated [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and IIRC in the in-game rules command (/rules)

B) By who were you accused? Be a bit more elaborate on this part since its kinda important.

C) How do you not know whether or not you spammed TNT? Anytime, anyone places TNT you get a nice message in your chat. Did this not strike you as odd?

B) By who were you given TNT? While TNT is easily created most, if not all, of our regular players know that TNT is banned and thus don't even bother making it.
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-02-17, 01:46

When someone tells me you are griefing their house and I see you are, I am going to ban you. Plus I saw that you had earlier spammed the chat full of TNT, that alone would be a ban.
    Onlyme
    Onlyme

Post by Onlyme 2011-02-17, 01:56

Jarvis, explosion damage is reset after a few seconds.

If someone griefed a house with TNT, the most it would cause is a bunch of lag. It would all reset right after.

Not saying what you did was wrong, I'm saying that TNT is a bad way to grief a house.
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-02-17, 02:00

No. He was not using TNT to grief. earlier he spammed trying to place, he just broke blocks to grief.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-02-17, 02:02

The fact that he was trying to use the TNT past one placement accidently should be enough IMO.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-02-17, 02:02

I'd rather have all my things raped than have someone causing lag... Also, TNT is banned, says so in every single guide we have here, in the wiki, in the /rules in-game, in the spawn tower... I mean, if you missed all of that, you don't really deserve another chance.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 03:52