Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+3
gamemaster1494
Pete
mtbers
7 posters

Level Craft, possibly reduce grieves and load on admins and orc using bb

mtbers
    mtbers

Level Craft, possibly reduce grieves and load on admins and orc using bb  Empty Level Craft, possibly reduce grieves and load on admins and orc using bb

Post by mtbers 2011-02-17, 12:53

I can assume Orc has come across the plugin called Levelcraft and might have even tried it before.

But Ive played on some servers with level craft and it does prevent grievers as you have to stay and mine and construct building for quite a while before you can touch any of the good blocks. It would prevent new guests, more likely to grieve, from destroying any structures composed of blocks that are of value.

This is just a suggestion and does have flaws such as: grievers could just demolish dirt houses till they level up and begin to demolish cobble houses and so on; additionally, I left that server because the amount of time you had to spend leveling just so you could mine diamonds took way to long.

So im just putting it out there; if you have a good idea of preventing grieves please share.

Its just that if Orc and the other admins didn't have to use big brother and do roll backs all the time they could spend their time doing other more constructive activities.
    Pete
    Pete

Level Craft, possibly reduce grieves and load on admins and orc using bb  Empty Re: Level Craft, possibly reduce grieves and load on admins and orc using bb

Post by Pete 2011-02-17, 13:16

We enjoy banning people, thanks.
    gamemaster1494
    gamemaster1494
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Level Craft, possibly reduce grieves and load on admins and orc using bb  Empty Re: Level Craft, possibly reduce grieves and load on admins and orc using bb

Post by gamemaster1494 2011-02-17, 13:18

That would seem like a major pain. Mountains would become flatlands....... not a good idea... interesting tho. =D like skill levels to digging. =B
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-02-17, 13:21

Loads on admins? You are funny Razz Also I love the idea Surprised but it would increase the WHY CANT I BUILD questions. Lol Admins have to deal with the uneducated guests asking for them not mods Razz
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-02-17, 13:49

Although it's a good idea, I sort of like banning griefers... runs back to SpA where I still have the highest ban record (4 Months after being banned myself).
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-02-18, 02:52

Orcworm wrote:Although it's a good idea, I sort of like banning griefers... runs back to SpA where I still have the highest ban record (4 Months after being banned myself).
    I have the highest kickrate =3 20 funkicks.. Jesus Christ, funny as hell ^^
    JuncoPartner
    JuncoPartner
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by JuncoPartner 2011-02-18, 05:30

heh what's your ban record Orc?
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-02-18, 05:34

504 I think it was, can't check since MCN is down...again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-15, 03:53