Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+5
cowwface
D3RGPS31
Pete
xspider30
EliteNinjaSon
9 posters

is something going wrong with the server?

EliteNinjaSon
    EliteNinjaSon

is something going wrong with the server? Empty is something going wrong with the server?

Post by EliteNinjaSon 2011-03-02, 11:12

I've been trying to get back on for a while, and the server status still says the server is up and running... buuuut it also shows me and my friend still logged onto it , could that be the problem?

We both try to log in ( and it waits ~ 5-8 min) and says "timed out" and such...

any assistance would be much obliged.
    xspider30
    xspider30

is something going wrong with the server? Empty Re: is something going wrong with the server?

Post by xspider30 2011-03-02, 11:16

i got this too. but it doesnt take that long
    EliteNinjaSon
    EliteNinjaSon

is something going wrong with the server? Empty Re: is something going wrong with the server?

Post by EliteNinjaSon 2011-03-02, 11:18

well yeah I probably am exagerating a bit on the time but it's alot longer than most waits for an error.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    ^ still shows me logged in =?
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-03-02, 11:21

That's because it isn't an error; it's a timeout. I'd blame either Orc, Notch or Essentials, TBH.
    D3RGPS31
    D3RGPS31

Post by D3RGPS31 2011-03-02, 11:21

Showing me on-line as well; also getting time out while attempting to login
    cowwface
    cowwface

Post by cowwface 2011-03-02, 11:23

I am having this same problem i go to multiplayer and it just says logging in then it says
    Connection Lost

Timed out

Is this something wrong on my side or is it the server........it doesnt say that im logged in though?
    xspider30
    xspider30

Post by xspider30 2011-03-02, 11:26

ya sometimes i try to relog during lag but it doesn't let me back on and mine status says I'm still online!
    EliteNinjaSon
    EliteNinjaSon

Post by EliteNinjaSon 2011-03-02, 11:26

PetePorty wrote:That's because it isn't an error; it's a timeout. I'd blame either Orc, Notch or Essentials, TBH.
    It's not notch unless something with 1.3 ended up not working out again or something.(plus i can still connect to other servers, I tried)
    It's something weird happening on Orc's end I think, well all I wanted to know right now is that it wasn't just my friend and I =) thanks, hopefully things get resolved quickly.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-03-02, 11:34

PetePorty wrote:Essentials

My plan for tomorrow: Find an alternative plugin >_>.
    xspider30
    xspider30

Post by xspider30 2011-03-02, 11:36

i got on
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-03-02, 11:45

Orcworm wrote:
    PetePorty wrote:Essentials

My plan for tomorrow: Find an alternative plugin >_>.
    What will you use? General? That plugin hasn't been updated in forever. I guess you could use a mixture of plugins.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-03-02, 18:47

There's an unofficial build of General out, supports 1.3, although it works it also fills the console with errors, so that's out.
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-03-02, 22:48

Orcworm wrote:There's an unofficial build of General out, supports 1.3, although it works it also fills the console with errors, so that's out.
    Sk89q came out with his own general commands, it looks like a possible solution.
    herbert_andy
    herbert_andy

Post by herbert_andy 2011-03-03, 04:40

hmm im having all the same issues Sad ill just wait it out
    time to find something to entertain myself with while i wait to be entertained lol
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-03-03, 05:01

patrickfreed wrote:
    Orcworm wrote:There's an unofficial build of General out, supports 1.3, although it works it also fills the console with errors, so that's out.
    Sk89q came out with his own general commands, it looks like a possible solution.

Tried that as well, everything works apart from /setspawn, apparently requires 480+...
    herbert_andy
    herbert_andy

Post by herbert_andy 2011-03-03, 05:26

darn now i get just a bad loggin message
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-03-03, 05:39

If you get Bad Login it means your account, for whatever reason, is still stuck on the server. It should sort its-self out after 5-10 minutes. I usually get it if I crash whilst teleporting or close the MC window rather than disconnecting properly.
    herbert_andy
    herbert_andy

Post by herbert_andy 2011-03-03, 05:41

okay thank you
    hmm i think im going to go grab lunch while i wait
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-03-03, 15:15

It is up now, and as Orcworm said, you don't have to make athread for everytime you can't get on the server, especially when it isn't the servers fault. Learn to google your errors.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-21, 07:54