Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+8
PureCraft
Rulyon
Rendarg
skoglol
darkxephos
Lizardman
Orcworm
Zz_For_Dannnnn
12 posters

Silly billy sat in my /home y whomey... or something...

Zz_For_Dannnnn
    Zz_For_Dannnnn

Silly billy sat in my /home y whomey... or something... Empty Silly billy sat in my /home y whomey... or something...

Post by Zz_For_Dannnnn 2011-03-29, 07:57

So, mining for aapl, tp to my /home to store stuff, go to my trash can (lava pool) which had actually been inaccesspible by falling in or anything the whole time, until today in which i decided to enlarge it because some things missed, knowing my luck, this douchey fellow would decide to pitch a tent in my stgorage room and /home wouldnt he...

If I ever get un promotion, this guy is in for a world of 'warranted' kicks...
    Nah Jk, but seriously, -.- .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not too bothered really, just wanted an explanation as to how he got in? and any punishments..? What a Face

Spoiler:
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Silly billy sat in my /home y whomey... or something... Empty Re: Silly billy sat in my /home y whomey... or something...

Post by Orcworm 2011-03-29, 08:11

I can't see any sign of entry, I might be missing something obvious of course ;p.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Silly billy sat in my /home y whomey... or something... Empty Re: Silly billy sat in my /home y whomey... or something...

Post by Lizardman 2011-03-29, 08:31

Unless it's *gasp* a donator + using compass tp!
    darkxephos
    darkxephos

Location : A secret location off the south side of the Erskine bridge

Post by darkxephos 2011-03-29, 08:39

wel i think i read somewhere that if you spam the left click whilst lagging you can open the doors ... i know this cos i searched something on how to solve my fps lag and stumbled across that so ...
    skoglol
    skoglol

Post by skoglol 2011-03-29, 09:06

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the door locks broken atm?
    Zz_For_Dannnnn
    Zz_For_Dannnnn

Post by Zz_For_Dannnnn 2011-03-29, 09:11

Dark-suree thats where you found it.... ;p
    Skog- Orly? Would orc really use a plugin for securing our stuff that didnt secure our stuff skog..? Well Orc? ;D
    skoglol
    skoglol

Post by skoglol 2011-03-29, 09:19

umm, I know the door locks(only doors) got broken when we got a new bukkit build a couple weeks back. rest of lwc were working, so I see no problem keeping it. you wouldn't wanna have to start locking all your chests all over again, would you?

Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-03-29, 09:20

Ah... that *may* be it.

/hide
    Rendarg
    Rendarg
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Rendarg 2011-03-29, 20:27

that stuff is still broken?? shame on you orc =P
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-03-29, 21:15

I don't see "Orcworm" anywhere on the list of developers for that plugin OR Bukkit.
    Rendarg
    Rendarg
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Rendarg 2011-03-29, 21:34

He is not? Shame on him twice! Razz
    Ok, now no kidding, i think an information like "Oh, btw, all your doors are unlocked and everyone can enter and kill you" shouldn't be hidden somewhere on page 4 of a topic. I just accidentely heard about this some days ago on the sever. I remember a similiar incident some time ago with that nether update. All doors were also unlocked and we had to relock them. Logged on and didnt know anything about this, was killed twice in my home before someone told me what was going on.
    Some warning would be nice, maybe some signs somewhere "this and that not woring properly"
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-03-29, 21:35

Killing in ppls house is allowed *runs*
    FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

Post by FillerB 2011-03-29, 21:43

You would think that the fact that this is a PVP-server would be enough to tip you of Rendarg.
    Rendarg
    Rendarg
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Rendarg 2011-03-29, 22:00

This doesnt change the fact that i would have been armed and and more alerted if i had known the doors dont work back then.
    And maybe you guys dont get the point, but i dont want to argue against pvp. I just have a problem with many people not knowing those doorlocks are broken. I didnt even know for myself just a couple of days ago (and no i dont read every bukkit changelog)
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-03-29, 22:14

Yeah yeah, I get your point. All the locks being reset caused a lot of very annoying problems. Especially with the "if you can get to someone/access a unlocked chest without griefing/teleporting, you can do what you want"-rule.
    Rendarg
    Rendarg
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Rendarg 2011-03-29, 22:31

FillerB wrote:Especially with the "if you can get to someone/access a unlocked chest without griefing/teleporting, you can do what you want"-rule.

Very good point since im just standing right now before an unlocked chest in someones home, which i would have never been able to access since i know it was usually locked (the home). Its a little dilemma im in here^^ the owner didnt lock this chest, so the "he didnt lock it, i can steal it" rule would work, but maybe he just didnt bother to lock it because it already was in a safe place behind 2 or 3 doors which were locked. About a week ago i wouldnt even have been able to stand here without griefing in. The thing is, how far can you stretch rules?
    Ciphon
    Ciphon

Post by Ciphon 2011-03-30, 04:53

rendarg if the chest is unlocked the rules say its yours if you want it, the guy shoulda made it locked even with 3 doors, cause things happen, so i am pretty sure that the stuff in there is up for grabs

Rendarg
    Rendarg
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Rendarg 2011-03-30, 05:13

So its ok to steal from a place where i technically wouldnt even been able to enter? In my opinion this comes very close to abusing a glitch.
    Just wanted to hear your opinion, guys. Wouldnt steal it anyway, especially since its Grintendo, he is the damn cookie monster! Very Happy
    You don't steal stuff from the cookie monster, its just... wrong^^
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-03-30, 05:29

Apparently 1.4 will be released this week - then you can steal everything to your heart's content.

(Yes, I will make a backup beforehand)
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-03-30, 05:32

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    I love to grief Very Happy
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-03-30, 05:36

Oh boy. When's the incredibly useless update (1.4)?
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-03-30, 05:38

This week, no date given
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-03-30, 05:42

I still can't wrap my head around the need for achievements. Pet wolves I can understand, especially as you can sick them on other players/animals, but achievements?

Then again, I detest the idea of achievements anyway as all they do is artificially add replay value to a game so I might be a wee bit biased.
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-03-30, 05:46

achievements are your e-penis... and they keep you playing.
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-03-30, 05:47

MC did fine without them till now.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-03-30, 05:50

Achievements in general are fucking retarded.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-03-30, 06:30

Pet wolves was stupid enough.
    Achievements? Dear god...

Also, inb4 wolves are client-side only and disappear when you log.
    SMP gets the shaft yet again.
    Vespasian
    Vespasian

Post by Vespasian 2011-03-30, 11:02

PureCraft wrote:Killing in ppls house is allowed *runs*

As a strictly hypothetical question, if you can get inside somebody's house without griefing, is it allowed for you to wait there and ambush the person as they return?

Also, achievements are pointless. The only useful thing they ever provided was telling me what games my friends had. (which is not exactly information that is hard to get, as I can always just ask my friends Very Happy)

Zz_For_Dannnnn
    Zz_For_Dannnnn

Post by Zz_For_Dannnnn 2011-03-30, 17:22

Yes i would think that would be allowed, almost everything is allowed, just as long as it doesnt involve greifing. But i made this post because i thought the only possible way to get into my room was to greif, i was never told none of my doors worked -.-

Last edited by Zz_For_Dannnnn on 2011-03-30, 17:24; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Chuck Norris)
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-03-30, 18:40

If you're waiting fir someone inside their home and they enter any mundane means, such as entering a door, it's allowed. However it is risky, as killing them after they /home and appear there is technically considered spawn-camping...a bannable offense. You're safer just not doing it.
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-03-30, 21:47

Lizardman wrote:Pet wolves was stupid enough.
    Achievements? Dear god...

Also, inb4 wolves are client-side only and disappear when you log.
    SMP gets the shaft yet again.

Are you serious? We can't have wolves in SMP ?!

Also, I vote complete map reset for 1.4... Razz
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-03-31, 01:26

Sounds to me like we can have them... they just don't save when you log off.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-03-31, 01:28

A map reset for 1.4 doesn't sound half bad to be honest.
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-03-31, 01:31

O.O You mean... you mean... pure, untouched, virgin soil? Very Happy

Question... if we had a paid zone in the old map... which cost Gil...

Would we be eligible for a free zone of comparable size in the new map? There would of course need to be allowances for time and all that... with the sheer number of zones it would take time to do; but it also wouldn't be too pleasant to have a zone you recently paid for and developed just... vanish... and then you'll left high and dry without any of the Gil you put out for it.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-03-31, 01:37

I say we all get reset to 100g. :3
    Also, the free 50x50 zones for donators becomes carried over to the new map.

I'm in favor for a map reset.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-03-31, 01:37

Yes, zones could be re-allocated, and I could bring across the spawn using WorldEdit. I would probably turn PVP off if I was to move to a new map as well, all it's ever really caused is problems.
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-03-31, 01:39

Ooo la la!

Then it could be toggled ON in the arena, etc. Smile
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-03-31, 01:40

Lol, anyone for a poll?
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-03-31, 01:40

YES
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-03-31, 01:42

Agreed! Cast a poll!
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-03-31, 01:43

No, no, no. PvP off EVERYWHERE but an arena takes out a big part of SURVIVAL Multiplayer. I like the current PvP system, tbh.
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-03-31, 01:43

Do et doc do et!!
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-03-31, 01:44

Also, do make a poll. :3
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-03-31, 01:45

Also, I think a large PvP Arena would be quite a good idea. Full of trees, water pools, lava pools, etc.

Last edited by YarwoodUK on 2011-03-31, 01:46; edited 1 time in total
    Rendarg
    Rendarg
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Rendarg 2011-03-31, 01:46

no, just.. no
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-03-31, 01:51

Back to the original-ish topic... the problem with doors now is NOT that they reset. It's that the lock DOESN'T WORK. If you use /cinfo on a door, it still has registered the /lwc information... they just still open for EVERYONE.
    Rendarg
    Rendarg
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Rendarg 2011-03-31, 02:17

and thats why in my opinion its exploiting a bug, if you enter a otherwise locked home
    Vespasian
    Vespasian

Post by Vespasian 2011-03-31, 05:15

Orcworm wrote:Yes, zones could be re-allocated, and I could bring across the spawn using WorldEdit. I would probably turn PVP off if I was to move to a new map as well, all it's ever really caused is problems.

Half the people I know on the server only play because it allows PVP everywhere.I don't know anyone who likes the instance/arena or CTF PVP stuff, but everyone I know on the server goes PVPing to get items.

Of course its your server to do with what you want, but keep in mind not everyone plays for the same reason. A map reset and removing PVP is likely to remove the main reasons why a great deal of people play in the first place.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 07:31