Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+5
menaceofri
Yarwood
FillerB
Orcworm
TheBikeBoy
9 posters

Lag based problems, not sure what it is...

TheBikeBoy
    TheBikeBoy

Lag based problems, not sure what it is... Empty Lag based problems, not sure what it is...

Post by TheBikeBoy 2011-06-22, 05:56

Not sure exactly where this post belongs but seeing as i have a few things to address i thought i'd stick it in the general section. anyway, here goes:

I've recently had trouble playing on the server due to (and i have no idea about computers) "unknown" problems, i can login but only about 50 x 50 blocks around me generate so i'm left to walk around (lag free) without being able to open doors or chests, that is until i get kicked and a variety of error messages are displayed, basically all saying this:

Spoiler:

Also, i don't really know if it comes under rule breaking but during one of these laggy trance-like minutes about 20mins ago i managed to get outside and caught a glimpse of another player, it appeared like they teleported onto me but i can't confirm and chat was not working, all i could see was a greeny yellow skin but thats about it as i had the view you get when someones onto off you. basically i got kicked again and when i came back i had died (or been killed...) losing diamond tools etc... and i'd like some sort of idea as to who that person was (which i understand may not be possible) in which case i don't mind tracking them down for a cheeky revenge kill.

you may have noticed i have lots of time on my hands for random forum rants due to this annoying problem, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

TheBikeBoy

*Edit* I'm on a mac, and i have no idea if that makes a difference
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Lag based problems, not sure what it is... Empty Re: Lag based problems, not sure what it is...

Post by Orcworm 2011-06-22, 06:09

Rebooted your router?
    TheBikeBoy
    TheBikeBoy

Lag based problems, not sure what it is... Empty Re: Lag based problems, not sure what it is...

Post by TheBikeBoy 2011-06-22, 06:16

no change i'm afraid, it is on and off though, some nights its fine, others it doesn't work at all, sometimes its fine for an hour or so
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-06-22, 06:45

How's the traceroute look?
    TheBikeBoy
    TheBikeBoy

Post by TheBikeBoy 2011-06-22, 08:01

dude, i have no idea what that is Embarassed
    FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

Post by FillerB 2011-06-22, 08:05

start menu -> run...
    cmd
    tracert orcworm.co.uk
    printscreen
    paint
    ctrl+V
    ctrl+S
    upload to generic image-hoster #14
    post image here
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-06-22, 08:07

FillerB wrote:start menu -> run...
    cmd
    tracert orcworm.co.uk
    printscreen
    paint
    ctrl+V
    ctrl+S
    upload to generic image-hoster #14
    post image here

Good luck getting him to even use cmd.

Also, I'm gonna guess the ping is 300+.
    TheBikeBoy
    TheBikeBoy

Post by TheBikeBoy 2011-06-22, 08:14

i feel like some sort of invalid but, yeah thats still no help, "start menu" do mac's even have those??
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-06-22, 08:16

A mac doesn't even have a processor..

Seriously though, I've never touched a disease-ridden Mac before, so I can't help there I'm afraid Razz
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-06-22, 08:18

5 seconds in Google says:
    TRACERT in Mac OS X:
    -Click Finder, Applications, Utilities, Command
    Note: A black window should appear
    - Type "traceroute [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I love people who help us by helping themselves.

Edit: And let's not devolve into Mac-bashing, as deserved as it would be. Those PCs are tailored to a very specific crowd of people. Just because we can't understand what goes on in their fragile little minds doesn't give us the right to make a laughingstock of them.
    TheBikeBoy
    TheBikeBoy

Post by TheBikeBoy 2011-06-22, 08:34

i'd like to think i'm an intelligent person to be honest, and i could go into various details about my good education but i'm just saying i don't know anything about computers. i could bore you for hours about cycling, something i do know a lot about, but i would never describe someone else as having a "fragile little mind".

and for you information 4 seconds on google says "The Start Menu and Start Button are user interface elements used in the later versions of the Microsoft Windows operating systems" so was i right to deduce that this means "its different on a mac"?

but i'm too stupid to understand that and i'm sorry for wasting your time.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-06-22, 08:38

Well this topic went downhill fast.

Yarwood: His ping would probably be better than yours, considering he's in London and I assume he doesn't use dialup like you.
    TheBikeBoy
    TheBikeBoy

Post by TheBikeBoy 2011-06-22, 08:51

thank you orc, i'm just a 17 year old who wants to play a bit of minecraft, and i appreciate any help i can get. If i don't have the ability to sort it out, even with your help, i can live with that, but i don't really need hassle about things which are out of my control.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-06-22, 08:52

But yeah, did you run that traceroute?
    TheBikeBoy
    TheBikeBoy

Post by TheBikeBoy 2011-06-22, 08:59

Spoiler:
    menaceofri
    menaceofri

Post by menaceofri 2011-06-23, 00:56

when you hit connect to server alt tab your game, wait 5 seconds and go back to the minecraft tab, does that help you? thats the only way i can connect to any server. otherwise i get random disconnects and most stuff not loading. the issue has never been solved or identified to my knowledge (may not be the same issue as yours)
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-06-23, 01:16

Breaking news! Mashing A-button + Up will turn every PokeBall into a MasterBall when thrown.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-06-23, 01:20

Y'know, I loved trolling my friends in like 1st grade (when Poke'mon came out) and told em shit like that. Ahhh, the innocent times before the Internet became huge. Dem dark ages. :3
    menaceofri
    menaceofri

Post by menaceofri 2011-06-23, 01:33

lol dont know if you guys are talkign about my post or not, but mine is legit. If i dont alt tab when i connect to a server i get ~30 second chat lag (just when i try to talk) either some of none of the world loads (if it loads i get kicked if i try to edit anything). same thing with teleporting.
    serioussam
    serioussam

Post by serioussam 2011-06-24, 06:02

I am getting alot of lag all of a sudden. mostly around the spawn tower if that helps
    TheBikeBoy
    TheBikeBoy

Post by TheBikeBoy 2011-06-24, 06:05

ok its got so bad that i'm probably going to just stop playing, its too stressful. i got banned for about 10 mins, probably for continuous loging in / disconnecting, but because the chat breaks when i login i have no way of seeing if anyone even notices i'm online
    serioussam
    serioussam

Post by serioussam 2011-06-24, 06:57

The area is not loading at all. If it does(occasionally) i disconnect immeadiately.I will post pictures when i find out how to do so.
    Ciphon
    Ciphon

Post by Ciphon 2011-06-24, 10:17

On my Mac I get the same error every now and then, I just close my minecraft and do something else for a bit and come back on and it works fine. Apperently that's not the same for you.

Try deleting your bin folder, and re-opening mineraft
    Or if you are using a texturepack, stop using it. I'm not entirely sure about this though
    serioussam
    serioussam

Post by serioussam 2011-06-24, 14:51

Ok i have found the source of the problem. A virus was going around screwing up my programs and other files. Ive removed it and now it works fine Very Happy
    Ciphon
    Ciphon

Post by Ciphon 2011-06-24, 16:31

Woo I love viruses!

Know why? Cause macs don't get them!
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-06-25, 00:20

*cough* Mac Defender.

I use Common Sense 2012, it works really well.
    menaceofri
    menaceofri

Post by menaceofri 2011-06-25, 01:32

macs dont get virus' because virus' target computers not childrens toys hoozah.
    sieve
    sieve

Post by sieve 2011-06-25, 10:04

TheBikeBoy wrote:ok its got so bad that i'm probably going to just stop playing, its too stressful. i got banned for about 10 mins, probably for continuous loging in / disconnecting, but because the chat breaks when i login i have no way of seeing if anyone even notices i'm online

protip: if you want people do know you're online, maybe type something in the chat

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 07:04