Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

4 posters

Village of Speex

Spxify

Village of Speex Empty Village of Speex

Post by Spxify 2011-06-24, 06:36

Hello,

I've recently been working on my village/town (with some help of others), it's still under construction and will be getting updated with every idea I get. It's name after the legendary "Speex" (if you really wonder, it's a made up person by me), a little story about the Village of Speex.

Story of Speex wrote:Speex was a young man, searching for the place to live on, mine and start a family. He was very successful, he had found a place near the ocean, the nature and the little islands all around. He started chopping all kinds of trees, he needed a bungalow to live in! He made a little garden and while searching for food he met a lone young woman, who had left her parents after having a lot of trouble with them. They made their own family and in the meanwhile more people were gathering around the house of Speex. They were slowly becoming a village! Eventually even Speex's brother Spxify joined the village. They were slowly running out of chopped wood and gathered coal from open caves, they had to start mining! More and more men and women went to mine, eventually they had gathered loads and loads of coal, iron, diamonds and much more! On their way they have been defeating zombies, skeletons, spiders and creepers! Eventually they went beyond bedrock and went into the as now knows 'nether', where they had to defeat the zombie-pigmen and ghasts! Everyone took a little break, but Speex and Spxify were unstoppable! They went getting buckets of lava as another resource to run their furnaces and what so ever on. While the other miners were sleeping, Speex slipped over the edge and felt into the lava. Spxify saw it all happening, Speex was burned to ash. Spxify knew that his brother wanted him to take over Speex's Village. The miners took all they had gathered back up to the surface, where they made a statue of Speex to honor him. Spxify took over the village as his brother wanted him to. Speex is now in the heaven and the clouds. His friendly ghost is now standing at the help desk to give further information about the village. End of story.

As you might have been thinking while reading the story: "where is all this?". The Village of Speex is still under construction, but already worth renting a plot, before they're all used. The story contains a bit of what still needs to be build etc.

Some pictures might be useful:

"Pictures of Speex's Village":

Plots differ a lot from sizes and shapes, the most common plot at the moment is 10x12. The current plots are rent-able only and a one time payment. The rent for every plot is 50 GIL and the one time payment depends on the size of the plot. Buy able plots will be added soon and will have a 'rent' of 3 GIL weekly to make sure the plots are still used. At the moment chestshops are not allowed, unless a weekly rent of 5 GIL per chestshop is given, the reason for this is because we aren't a huge town yet (this might change later).

Information which might be useful for you:

- The waypoint of the Village of Speex is: NORTH: Log (standard log), EAST: Workbench, SOUTH: Log (standard log) and WEST: Log (standard log).
    - Rules might change a little times from times, a post will be added here if so, make sure you read the changed rules if they do occur.
    - Spot saver.

Rules:

- You may build 12 blocks high.
    - You may build a basement of 8 blocks deep.
    - Private mines aren't allowed, this is due to a project which might gets added later.
    - Do not chop trees in the village.
    - You may chop trees around the village, but always replace two of the same kind.
    - Public farms are for every villager, always replant what you've taken in the same way as it was before/as it is marked.
    - Changing the village lay-out isn't allowed and is seen as griefing and will be reported and you'll get a kick out of the village eventually.
    - Building outside your plot without permission is not allowed.
    - Public mines are for every villager, please do not PvP down in the mines.
    - Griefing from other villagers will be reported and will result in a kick out of the village.
    - You must notice me in any way (post here, sign in my house, /msg or PM me etc.) if you're inactive.
    - Conflicts between villagers must be reported to me (Spxify) and we'll see what we can do about it.
    - Spot saver.

Payments:

Every weekly rent must be paid before/on the next Sunday, if you somehow fail to do this you'll be given three days to contact me (preferably a PM on forums). If you fail contacting me, I'll place a chestshop on your plot with a price of 50 GIL + 25 GIL (as a fine). You can pay a max. rent of a month before, I write it all down, so don't worry. Every one time payment needs to be done before you'll be given access to the zone.

Buy able plots will have a rent of 3 GIL weekly to make sure you are still active, it is not possible to pay this other then the week we're in (means: you can't pay like a month before).
    ------

You can always request to build like a balcony outside your plot without a extra payment, just request it. You can also request to make your basement deeper or your building higher, this might result into a extra payment.

Current villagers:

- D4rkExit
    - JPS
    - asacavanagh
    - CanHasNoSoul
    - Sanwi
    - Patapug

We have a teleporter at the orcworm statue, when facing his face, it's at the left side. Feel free to request a tp to the village when I'm online. Deals such as: can I get a 5 GIL lower rent, or: can it lower with 10 GIL, etc. aren't possible. I'll continue working on the city and I'll soon add my 50x50 zone also (atm it's 100x100). Donations such as GIL Donations, logs, wool, glowstone etc. are always welcome, even the slightest bit will eventually help.

As a little sneak peak on the new project going on:
    "Sneak peak":

I hope you like the village/town and to make sure, yes, it's zoned. Suggestions are welcome!

Sorry for the grey, boring post, I'll make it nicer later,

-Spxify.
    Spxify

Village of Speex Empty Re: Village of Speex

Post by Spxify 2011-06-25, 07:36

*UPDATE*

The cloud plots are from now on available on request, they're made out of wool and are randomly shaped. I can adjust the shape to what kind of shape you like (no sexual, racism, insultive shapes etc.), also the number of wool-blocks can be chosen by you and will make the price lower/higher.

You can't have a basement on the clouds at the moment, I might make it 3D later, which will allow a small basement. A max. height of 16 blocks is allowed on the clouds.

P.S: I know it was a double post, it's just to 'refresh' the topic a bit.
    asacavanagh
    asacavanagh

Post by asacavanagh 2011-07-03, 00:05

-removes post-
    Spxify

Post by Spxify 2011-07-03, 00:43

The town has been sold to Kalantigos, he's now the new owner. If you have paid for a rent longer then you've been in the town now, you'll get the rest as a refund back. The zone will be removed as soon as I know where I want my new zones.

Thanks, contact me in-game for refund.
    kalantigos

Post by kalantigos 2011-07-03, 00:51

Thankyou to spxify for selling me this wonderful town!

I would also like you To Remove! The zoning!
    -thanks kalantigos
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-07-03, 02:41

Orc would have to remove the zone itself. I suggest you post the coordinates so he can find it.
    Spxify

Post by Spxify 2011-07-03, 03:02

I still need to contact him. Like I said Kalantigos, I'll do it soon (//tonight).
    kalantigos

Post by kalantigos 2011-07-03, 05:13

When is tonight its already 7:20 at night! Surprised
    and the co ordiantes for speex are
    x: -1711
    y: 70.62
    z: -129.88
    Spxify

Post by Spxify 2011-07-03, 07:21

Told Orcworm 'bout it.