Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+5
serioussam
Miner12345
Kn16h7
patrickfreed
DoughnutSpanker
9 posters

Laputa - The City Of The Sky - New Ownership!

Poll

Which material should I use for the Villas?

[ 3 ]
    Laputa - The City Of The Sky - New Ownership! Bar_left19%Laputa - The City Of The Sky - New Ownership! Bar_right [19%] 
    [ 10 ]
    Laputa - The City Of The Sky - New Ownership! Bar_left63%Laputa - The City Of The Sky - New Ownership! Bar_right [63%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Laputa - The City Of The Sky - New Ownership! Bar_left18%Laputa - The City Of The Sky - New Ownership! Bar_right [18%] 

Total Votes: 16
    DoughnutSpanker
    DoughnutSpanker
    Donator
    Donator

Laputa - The City Of The Sky - New Ownership! Empty Laputa - The City Of The Sky - New Ownership!

Post by DoughnutSpanker 2011-06-27, 12:27

Laputa is Under New Management!

Hello! My name is DoughnutSpanker and I recently was given the great opportunity to take over control of Laputa. The kind and generous Kn16h7 gave me the position of Mayor of Laputa. The builders of the great city were Kn16h7, Jhubbz_, SlaveOfRH, and thatguheye. Now, you may be wondering whats going to happen. Well I'll tell you.

What's going to happen to the city?

Basically I plan to improve the old layout. The City will have multiple floors, with varied plot/house sizes and a marketplace.

What will each of the floors have?

There will be three main floors, each with their own marketplace. The order from most expensive to least is:

The Villas of Laputa

The Villas of Laputa will be the most expensive homes. They will be on the highest level of the city (Sky-view) and the largest and most expensive shops (to buy, not necessarily inventory price) will be. There will be a park, City hall, a bulletin board, and more! (Suggestions Welcome)

Baggot Lane

Baggot Lane will be a cheaper area, but still has great potential. Baggot Lane will be more cramped and will be located on the Second Floor. It will have fewer shops than the Villas, but they will be cheaper and smaller. There will be a meeting hall, a bulletin board, and more! (Suggestions Welcome)

Skid Row

Skid Row will be the cheapest and smallest houses. Houses will be sold for very cheap. Skid Row is on the third level of the city, with the only light being from torches. There will be few small shops for Skid Row, and there will be a bulletin board. (Suggestions welcome)

What will happen to the current houses of Laputa?

Current citizens of Laputa are asked to have all their stuff removed within 48 hours of this post. If you fail to do so, your house may/will be torn down. I will be sending PM's to the owners before I actually tear their house down, as they may be inactive on the forums and will not see this post. All current citizens will have a free complimentary house on Baggot Lane.

How is this all going to happen?

I will be the main working force behind this rennovation. You can help by donating materials, your gil (Very Happy), or by helping physically with construction. Most donations will be rewarded. You could get a shop, or even up to a Villa. If you wish to help with construction, please ask me.

Current Helpers:
    Walla56
    Jhubbz_
    KN16H7

Donators:
    Ciphon - Logs
    Jhubbz_ - Stone, Torches, & effort
    monpasdg - Logs & effort
    KN16H7 - Diamonds, Iron, Dirt, Cobblestone, & effort

Current Needed Supplies:
    Tools
    Grass Blocks/Bonemeal
    Torches
    Cobble (lolyes)
    Gil
    Brown Wool (and lots of it!)

Here is a screenshot of my Prototype of a house in the Villas. Which material should I use?
    Vote in the poll above.

Spoiler:

Thanks, and see you in the skies!

Doughnut

Last edited by DoughnutSpanker on 2011-09-12, 01:49; edited 12 times in total
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Laputa - The City Of The Sky - New Ownership! Empty Re: Laputa - The City Of The Sky - New Ownership!

Post by patrickfreed 2011-06-27, 15:40

Me wants some screenies
    DoughnutSpanker
    DoughnutSpanker
    Donator
    Donator

Laputa - The City Of The Sky - New Ownership! Empty Re: Laputa - The City Of The Sky - New Ownership!

Post by DoughnutSpanker 2011-06-27, 15:48

Its not done yet. I'm still destroying the old city structures. Then after the 48 hrs are up I'm going to start demolishing houses.

@Kn16h7 = There's some locked doors and chests from the city hall there... And I might have accidentally destroyed your waypoint under the City hall Sad
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-06-27, 18:49

PM'd you the pass to those chest. if you plan to tear down the build ill get on later too do it.

i like your plans so far btw, cant wait to see what you do with mah city =3
    Miner12345

Post by Miner12345 2011-06-27, 18:51

Want a tp in my spawn store?
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-06-27, 18:52

well, actually, i was gonna offer him mine Razz
    Miner12345

Post by Miner12345 2011-06-27, 18:58

xD
    serioussam
    serioussam

Post by serioussam 2011-06-27, 23:08

Hey, jhubbz sold me a plot in that awesome town which used to belong to crusher. She then said that the building would be demolished. Could you tell me if it is still there?
    monpasdg
    monpasdg

Post by monpasdg 2011-06-28, 00:28

Kn16h7 wrote:
    i like your plans so far btw, cant wait to see what you do with mah city =3

Wait sec... If he deconstructs the whole city and rebuilds it... Does it make it yours? ^_^
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-06-28, 01:43

its still technically the same city, with the same founders. he even said him self that its based on the same development plan, this is more or less what i planned to do, just with changes here and there that improve it. of course he gets credit for the rebuilding, and the remodeling, as well as the improvements to the design. but i WAS the one with the idea and original design that started it all. and thats all that matters to me as long as it looks good and works out in the end.
    Thatguheye
    Thatguheye

Post by Thatguheye 2011-06-28, 02:27

I'm actually looking forward to seeing what you are doing with the city, and i can say that i would gladly help. If you haven't demolished my house yet, and i don't mind at all if you have, then i'd just like to take some stuff from the building itself. Sorry for the inactivity as well, i've been on vacation for a week and i'm currently heading home. I haven't gotten to read much further because i am on my mobile device and it's just an annoyance to scroll through all of it on this. I look forward to working on this and i thank you for the opportunity. Smile
    DoughnutSpanker
    DoughnutSpanker
    Donator
    Donator

Post by DoughnutSpanker 2011-06-28, 06:15

SeriousSam, I'm sorry, but Hubbz and I destroyed the house yesterday. She thought that she was the one who owned the house and said we could destroy it. I can give you a free plot in the new city if you would like it.

Thatguheye, your home is still intact. Feel free to go get your items. Very Happy
    monpasdg
    monpasdg

Post by monpasdg 2011-06-28, 06:19

DoughnutSpanker wrote:SeriousSam, I'm sorry, but Hubbz and I destroyed the house yesterday. She thought that she was the one who owned the house and said we could destroy it. I can give you a free plot in the new city if you would like it.

Thatguheye, your home is still intact. Feel free to go get your items. Very Happy

I sure hope you didn't mislead me into destroying someone's house. :-P I actually have not idea what was taken out.

Deconstruction made simple: I go to wall; I get to bizness
    DoughnutSpanker
    DoughnutSpanker
    Donator
    Donator

Post by DoughnutSpanker 2011-06-28, 06:21

monpasdg wrote:I sure hope you didn't mislead me into destroying someone's house. :-P I actually have not idea what was taken out.

Deconstruction made simple: I go to wall; I get to bizness

I didn't. The owner (or she thought she was) helped me destroy it before you even started helping me.
    Ciphon
    Ciphon

Post by Ciphon 2011-06-28, 07:55

i dont want a plot or anything, but id be happy to donate you some wood, just talk to me next time we're in game
    DoughnutSpanker
    DoughnutSpanker
    Donator
    Donator

Post by DoughnutSpanker 2011-06-30, 01:41

Ciphon wrote:i dont want a plot or anything, but id be happy to donate you some wood, just talk to me next time we're in game

Thanks for the donation!
    monpasdg
    monpasdg

Post by monpasdg 2011-06-30, 01:48

I have two double chests of wood for ya commin hopefully tonight. If you want birchwood, I could start planting that.

I would need some birch saplings though if anyone has any.
    DoughnutSpanker
    DoughnutSpanker
    Donator
    Donator

Post by DoughnutSpanker 2011-06-30, 02:54

monpasdg wrote:I have two double chests of wood for ya commin hopefully tonight. If you want birchwood, I could start planting that.

Thanks guys! I actually have my own tree farm as well, so we will have no shortage of trees. I should start smelting logs into charcoal, as we do need torches to light up the place and keep snow off. >_>
    monpasdg
    monpasdg

Post by monpasdg 2011-06-30, 03:24

DoughnutSpanker wrote:
    monpasdg wrote:I have two double chests of wood for ya commin hopefully tonight. If you want birchwood, I could start planting that.

Thanks guys! I actually have my own tree farm as well, so we will have no shortage of trees. I should start smelting logs into charcoal, as we do need torches to light up the place and keep snow off. >_>

I'll holdon to the trees then. I dumped a bunch of trees into charcoal last night to smelt my 6 chests of cobble down.
    DoughnutSpanker
    DoughnutSpanker
    Donator
    Donator

Post by DoughnutSpanker 2011-07-10, 07:58

Thanks everybody for the donations! Construction is moving along nicely. The second floor has been completed, and the third floor will be started soon.

To ThatGuheye, Your items are still there, and I would like to remove your house as soon as possible. So if you have the time, please go get the things you want.:3
    UrMomsMoat
    UrMomsMoat

Post by UrMomsMoat 2011-07-10, 08:47

La Puta In spanish Means "The Bitch".
    was this a Bitch to build?

Other than that, I like it Very Happy
    DoughnutSpanker
    DoughnutSpanker
    Donator
    Donator

Post by DoughnutSpanker 2011-07-10, 08:48

UrMomsMoat wrote:La Puta, In spanish Means "The Bitch".

It actually means a lot of things.

But yes, without Magic Carpet, it was.

FYI: You should read Gulliver's Travels. You'd get it more.
    UrMomsMoat
    UrMomsMoat

Post by UrMomsMoat 2011-07-10, 08:49

DoughnutSpanker wrote:
    UrMomsMoat wrote:La Puta, In spanish Means "The Bitch".

It actually means a lot of things.

But yes, without Magic Carpet, it was.

FYI: You should read Gulliver's Travels. You'd get it more.
    Will do!
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-07-10, 08:56

DoughnutSpanker wrote:

Current Helpers:
    monpasdg
    Walla56
    Jhubbz_

ima helper! D=

Donators:
    Ciphon - Logs
    Jhubbz_ - Stone, Torches, & effort
    monpasdg - Logs & effort
    KN16H7 - Diamonds, Dirt, Cobblestone, & effort

Dont forget the iron! =D

Current Needed Supplies:
    Tools
    Grass Blocks/Bonemeal
    Torches
    Cobble (lolyes)
    Gil
    Brown Wool (and lots of it!)

I just got rights to give you access the farm so dont worry about a few of those things (Details in PM)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-12, 08:42