Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

3 posters

World edit + abandoned tree house removal

NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

World edit + abandoned tree house removal Empty World edit + abandoned tree house removal

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-08-02, 09:04

I found a suitable location for my pixel art picture.
    But there is an appearently abandoned, barely built treehouse nearby.
    Location of the treehouse:

x: -3009
    y: 102
    z: 1213

Appearently made by Wcal... No ban history but last login was 15187 days ago (propably not correct).

I would like to remove this treehouse and need approval.
    Furthermore, i would really appreciate administrative help in world editing a hole in the ground almost entirely down to bedrock, since my pixelart is going to be larger than it would fit on the surface.
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

World edit + abandoned tree house removal Empty Re: World edit + abandoned tree house removal

Post by Rulyon 2011-08-02, 16:37

What dimensions X&Z do you need the area to be?
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

World edit + abandoned tree house removal Empty Re: World edit + abandoned tree house removal

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-08-03, 03:46

Rulyon wrote:What dimensions X&Z do you need the area to be?

Well since im putting the pixelart upright, the art itself would be 112 blocks wide and just 2 blocks long.

Bult need quite an area to be duck downso i can work properly

maybe 120 blocks wide and like 20 blocks long or so
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-08-04, 04:33

So... uhm... any conclusions on my case? I would REALLY like to get started!
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-08-04, 09:13

I'm on my iphone right now, Nero to answer. I'll set the area up for you when I get home from dinner.
    Edit: Nero, are these coordinates anywhere near something of your own already?
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-08-05, 05:38

Rulyon wrote:I'm on my iphone right now, Nero to answer. I'll set the area up for you when I get home from dinner.
    Edit: Nero, are these coordinates anywhere near something of your own already?

Indeed they are.
    I would like to crater the area from the tree house 'till near Acheron, just not too close.
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-08-05, 07:57

When can you log in, Nero? I've checked the area, there doesn't APPEAR to be any builds, subsurface or below ground, that would be disrupted in the WE. However, the resulting scar will be pretty ugly until it's naturalized, so I want to be sure I have what you expect before I commit to it and leave, thus clearing my clipboard of any //undo commands.
    uberblake
    uberblake

Post by uberblake 2011-08-05, 08:03

Rulyon wrote:When can you log in, Nero? I've checked the area, there doesn't APPEAR to be any builds, subsurface or below ground, that would be disrupted in the WE. However, the resulting scar will be pretty ugly until it's naturalized, so I want to be sure I have what you expect before I commit to it and leave, thus clearing my clipboard of any //undo commands.

What about /regen? or whatever it is...
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-08-05, 08:52

//regen command uses the map's seed to regenerate the terrain.

HOWEVER

There have been numerous updates since the map was first generated. the //regen command would have different results now than before.

As an example to yourself, start a new map now with a seed. Remember this seed. Then when 1.8 comes out, start a new map with the same seed. You'll have a different result this way, too.
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-08-08, 08:35

Im back from my vacation.
    Im still gathering materials for the pixelart, but you know me and my prettifying policy.
    I would not possibly accept an unnaturalized crater near Acheron.
    Ill spend the first time just making it look sort of natural and even things out a bit, maybe even fencing up the hole

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-10, 07:54