Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+8
Rulyon
GaMerG77
Grintendo
Albuca
Zz_For_Dannnnn
strpr0wng
kalantigos
Ikri
12 posters

Abuse of Power by Staff Member Dan

Ikri
    Ikri

Abuse of Power by Staff Member Dan Empty Abuse of Power by Staff Member Dan

Post by Ikri 2011-08-04, 22:35

Hi there! Smile

I'm posting here today because I feel I was unfairly temporarily banned by Staff member Dan Zzzz. I know there is no need to appeal, however the fact that I was temp banned in the first place, I feel, is kind of silly. I'm reporting the rule-breaking and abuse of power of Staff member Dan Zzzz.

A few days ago, HoneyBubble_ or his alt, Kalantigos, I can't remember which at the time, invited me to his home which he shares with Dan_Zzzz. We traded and he showed me around - quite the impressive home, I did enjoy the tour quite a bit. Dan wasn't there at the time and I didn't realize Kal shared the place.

It looked like some was still under construction and there were many chests of materials, all unlocked, including a chest labeled "Junk Nobody Wants" in bright pink. I have yet to meet a situation where "Junk Nobody Wants" means the items are wanted. Generally this means anyone who wishes to reuse the "Junk" may do so.

The tiff Dan is throwing is over 9 slime balls I removed from the Junk chest. From my understanding of the rules, as a guest invited to the home, using no cheats, compasses or griefing to enter, that there would be no issue with taking items from the "Junk Nobody Wants" chest.

When I logged in today, Honey told me Dan wanted me to return the slime balls. This kind of confused me because, well, they were in the junk chest. Initially I was entirely okay with the idea of returning the slime balls upon request - again, I had broken no rules by taking them - however when Dan teleported to me, he killed me on the spot (I do believe this is against the rules). He was immediately very aggressive and threatened me (like killing me and taking my stuff wasn't bad enough).

This didn't really make me feel warm and fuzzy to do him a favor and give him slime balls as requested. I collected myself at spawn and asked Dan to teleport to me or to him so he could return my items. He refused to do this and told me once I returned the slimeballs, he'd return the items he stole when he killed me.

He had placed items in a chest labeled for give-away, for donation, for whatever others want to do with, then decided he wanted them back. Had he been approachable and not aggressive I would have returned the slime balls immediately - no fuss.

I don't believe I have broken any rules. I've read them thoroughly and the only ones regarding this situation are the following found here:

N) Theft from an unsecured chest IS NOT considered griefing
    O) Theft from a LWC glitched chest IS considered griefing, to check this type in /Cinfo and if the tag states “that air is not registered” or “that air is registered” its is LWC glitched and theft is not allowed)
    P) Theft from a chest without first checking its LWC status is considered griefing (see section 2, part 1, rule N)
    I asked Dan 4 separate times which rule I broke, to which he either did not acknowledge or told me, "Don't try to be so clever, Ikri." It took him a long time to finally come up with a rule he thought I broke so I'm assuming he's not familiar with the rules. I have logs of the entire conversation and I'd be happy to post them if requested. Smile

I mentioned this to Dan and he said I had not broken those rules, and directed me to rule 5)a). I looked over the Sections and Parts of the Rules I linked above and informed Dan neither Sections nor Parts go to numeral 5. He became upset once again and told me I had broken this rule:
    5. Use of Commands, Runes, Redstone and Items
    - Use of any method whatsoever to gain access to otherwise inaccessible areas (ie Locked houses) is not allowed.

This is what is baffling to me. I was a welcomed guest - Honeybubble_/kalantigos and I have known each other for a long time. He used to play regularly on a server I've administrated on for the last year and we've always had a friendly relationship. I'm not some random person looking for free stuff - I'm very generous and helpful (heck, Freddy705 and I are in the process of making a town with free plots), and I feel I've been violated by Dan. I feel he has abused his status as Staff on this server by slapping me with a 12 hour temporary ban for personal reasons rather than breaking any rules.

Thank you for your time.

EDIT: I've logged on just now, less than an hour later, to find out he has unbanned me, 11 hours early. Seems like he's afraid of a post just like this, pointing out his abuse and losing his authority.

Last edited by Ikri on 2011-08-04, 22:56; edited 1 time in total
    kalantigos

Abuse of Power by Staff Member Dan Empty Re: Abuse of Power by Staff Member Dan

Post by kalantigos 2011-08-04, 22:48

but i welcomed you only into my room, not dans and i did NOT welcome you into his storage
    area, so i therefore have to defend dan
    for it is my opinion based on the fact which i have seen
    strpr0wng

Post by strpr0wng 2011-08-04, 22:55

I think you took more than just slime balls...

https://servimg.com/view/16169762/89
    Ikri
    Ikri

Post by Ikri 2011-08-04, 22:57

strpr0wng wrote:I think you took more than just slime balls...

https://servimg.com/view/16169762/89
    He said all he wanted were the slime balls, to which the note "The tiff Dan is having is over 9 slime balls" rather than the other "Junk." Razz

And that isn't the point - the point is, the slime balls were clearly marked free, and no rules were broken by taking them.
    kalantigos

Post by kalantigos 2011-08-04, 22:59

i speak for dan when i say,the sign above the chest, well
    ITS A JOKE not literally speaking
    if it was free he would have just dropped em or GAVE them away
    obvious when you think about it.
    Zz_For_Dannnnn
    Zz_For_Dannnnn

Post by Zz_For_Dannnnn 2011-08-04, 23:00

I dont care about the items my friend, I am a staff member and it is my job to enforce the rules of this server, that is what I shall do.

If you have taken items which are not yours, when you were not given permission to do so, in a house that is inaccessible, you have broken the rules.
    Ikri
    Ikri

Post by Ikri 2011-08-04, 23:02

Zz_For_Dannnnn wrote:I dont care about the items my friend, I am a staff member and it is my job to enforce the rules of this server, that is what I shall do.

If you have taken items which are not yours, when you were not given permission to do so, in a house that is inaccessible, you have broken the rules.
    What rule did I break? It took you 10 minutes to give me a straight answer as to what rule I broke, and that rule doesn't apply to this situation.

I wouldn't have been able to access anything had I not been invited.

I'd prefer to speak with another staff member, as I've stated several times already in game, because I feel you are being unfair by breaking rules and abusing your authority.
    Zz_For_Dannnnn
    Zz_For_Dannnnn

Post by Zz_For_Dannnnn 2011-08-04, 23:05

You were invited to a trade, it so happened to be in my home, that does not give you the right ta take things from that home.
    kalantigos

Post by kalantigos 2011-08-04, 23:07

Ikri wrote:
    Zz_For_Dannnnn wrote:I dont care about the items my friend, I am a staff member and it is my job to enforce the rules of this server, that is what I shall do.

What rule did I break? It took you 10 minutes to give me a straight answer as to what rule I broke, and that rule doesn't apply to this situation.

I wouldn't have been able to access anything had I not been invited.

I'd prefer to speak with another staff member, as I've stated several times already in game, because I feel you are being unfair by breaking rules and abusing your authority.
    go to orcworm strpr0wning is coming to speak to you.
    he is staff to
    Ikri
    Ikri

Post by Ikri 2011-08-04, 23:11

Coming. Smile
    Albuca
    Albuca
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Albuca 2011-08-04, 23:12

Zz_For_Dannnnn wrote:You were invited to a trade, it so happened to be in my home, that does not give you the right ta take things from that home.

This.
    I have in fact been in Dan's house before, and I know for a fact that you cannot get into his house without griefing.
    Granted you were teleported into there, but that still dosnt make up for the fact that you were somewhere you normally cannot be.
    The "Random Shit no one Wants" is like my "Shit I'm too lazy to sort" chest.
    We both want it, but not in large quantities, or we just cant be fucked to sort it.
    kalantigos

Post by kalantigos 2011-08-04, 23:13

Albuca wrote:
    Zz_For_Dannnnn wrote:You were invited to a trade, it so happened to be in my home, that does not give you the right ta take things from that home.

This.
    I have in fact been in Dan's house before, and I know for a fact that you cannot get into his house without griefing.
    Granted you were teleported into there, but that still dosnt make up for the fact that you were somewhere you normally cannot be.
    The "Random Shit no one Wants" is like my "Shit I'm too lazy to sort" chest.
    We both want it, but not in large quantities, or we just cant be fucked to sort it.
    OMG GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE Razz
    Albuca
    Albuca
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Albuca 2011-08-04, 23:14

Also,

The Rules wrote:5. Use of Commands, Runes, Redstone and Items
    - Use of any method whatsoever to gain access to otherwise inaccessible areas (ie Locked houses) is not allowed.

Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-08-04, 23:15

Well this is a delicate matter... I've read most of this thread and i think i get the idea. As far as i know this certain situation isn't stated in the rules in black and white. Probably because it's such a rare occasion. But, there is rules which could be used in this case for both parties. I think a new rule (Yes/No) for this situation needs to be made, and that rule should apply for this incident aswell.
    Ikri
    Ikri

Post by Ikri 2011-08-04, 23:19

Yes, I've read that, Albuca, thank you. Smile

Unfortunately that rule is a bit ambiguous in that even a guest - someone you teleported and invited to explore your home (including the storage room) - could be breaking that rule at any time you decide it's been broken, even days later.

It would be nice to have matters like this more clear, Grin. It's a misunderstanding gone wildly out of hand. Like I said, I was entirely willing to return the slime balls, knowing I was entirely within my rights to keep them. I'd like fair treatment from admins as I treat them - not victimized like this.
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-08-04, 23:30

Ikri wrote:
    When I logged in today, Honey told me Dan wanted me to return the slime balls. This kind of confused me because, well, they were in the junk chest. Initially I was entirely okay with the idea of returning the slime balls upon request - again, I had broken no rules by taking them - however when Dan teleported to me, he killed me on the spot (I do believe this is against the rules). He was immediately very aggressive and threatened me (like killing me and taking my stuff wasn't bad enough).

This didn't really make me feel warm and fuzzy to do him a favor and give him slime balls as requested. I collected myself at spawn and asked Dan to teleport to me or to him so he could return my items. He refused to do this and told me once I returned the slimeballs, he'd return the items he stole when he killed me.

Is a staff member fetching the logs? :p
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-08-04, 23:41

GaMerG77 wrote:
    Ikri wrote:

Is a staff member fetching the logs? :p

I was in the process of zeroing in on this as well. I can't access the logs (I'm a complete and utter NEWB at that), but I too feel this accusation should be investigated. The other actions taken by Dan were acceptable and correct... but a TP Kill is NOT.
    Zz_For_Dannnnn
    Zz_For_Dannnnn

Post by Zz_For_Dannnnn 2011-08-05, 00:34

TP kill? Shocked I did no such thing, I did kill Ikri, but after coming back to my home through one of my pw's, looking around, checking the chest, seeing Ikri stood there after having seen she had stolen from me via rulebreaking and killing her to get the items back, even if it were not for the items, it's perfectly legal to kill someone.
    freddy705
    freddy705

Post by freddy705 2011-08-05, 02:56

Zz_For_Dannnnn wrote:TP kill? Shocked I did no such thing, I did kill Ikri, but after coming back to my home through one of my pw's, looking around, checking the chest, seeing Ikri stood there after having seen she had stolen from me via rulebreaking and killing her to get the items back, even if it were not for the items, it's perfectly legal to kill someone.

After i have read this iam really dissapointed..

Part 1: Regarding killing

A) From here on in, it is now a violation to /tp , /Bring /put and either attack or kill anyone.
    B) It is hereby illegal to teleport to player near someone for the purpose of killing them
    C) It is illegal to teleport to someone or bring someone to you and attack them regardless if it is just for damage and not kill
    D) Compass jumping is regarded as teleporting and is in violation of the TP killing rule
    E) /thru is considered teleporting and is in violation of the TP killing rule
    F) /jumpto is considered teleporting and is in violation of the TP killing rule
    G) It is a violation to teleport to a person’s co-ordinates and kill them
    H) A PW is classed as teleporting and is in violation of the TP killing rule
    I) /home is acceptable given that it is actually your home.

Also it can be a missunderstanding at both parts? everything is possible

Zz_For_Dannnnn
    Zz_For_Dannnnn

Post by Zz_For_Dannnnn 2011-08-05, 03:08

freddy705 wrote:
    Zz_For_Dannnnn wrote:TP kill? Shocked I did no such thing, I did kill Ikri, but after coming back to my home through one of my pw's, looking around, checking the chest, seeing Ikri stood there after having seen she had stolen from me via rulebreaking and killing her to get the items back, even if it were not for the items, it's perfectly legal to kill someone.

After i have read this iam really dissapointed..

Part 1: Regarding killing

A) From here on in, it is now a violation to /tp , /Bring /put and either attack or kill anyone.
    B) It is hereby illegal to teleport to player near someone for the purpose of killing them
    C) It is illegal to teleport to someone or bring someone to you and attack them regardless if it is just for damage and not kill
    D) Compass jumping is regarded as teleporting and is in violation of the TP killing rule
    E) /thru is considered teleporting and is in violation of the TP killing rule
    F) /jumpto is considered teleporting and is in violation of the TP killing rule
    G) It is a violation to teleport to a person’s co-ordinates and kill them
    H) A PW is classed as teleporting and is in violation of the TP killing rule
    I) /home is acceptable given that it is actually your home.

Also it can be a missunderstanding at both parts? everything is possible

He/she was in my house.
    epvprul3s
    epvprul3s

Post by epvprul3s 2011-08-05, 04:13

Well I guess you can see the time between the teleport and the kill in the logs.

But I go back to
    "N) Theft from an unsecured chest IS NOT considered griefing"

I think as long as there isn't stated "except in inaccessible areas" the rule should be active and stealing from unlocked chests should be allowed. Also the area was accessible since the teleport of Dan made it accessible for Ikri.
    Ikri
    Ikri

Post by Ikri 2011-08-05, 04:30

I was in the house (also blongs to Honey) because Honnybubble_ teleported me there. I agreed to a teleport not thinking I'd get killed when I arrived.
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-08-05, 05:08

Regards the "I took stuff from a junk chest" :

No, you shouldn't have taken the items.

Regards the "TP Kill" :

If there's somebody in your house, I don't care how you got there, killing them is allowed.

And guys, stop posting in complaints topics unless you're staff, directly involved, have evidence or have been asked to.

/topic
    Ikri
    Ikri

Post by Ikri 2011-08-05, 05:10

So inviting people to your house, then having your roommate kill them and steal their items, is okay? Hmm... doesn't really appear this has been thought through. Razz

Dan blatantly abused his power in an attempt to scare me into returning items that he no longer owned by teleporting me, killing me then temp. banning me when I requested to speak with another staff member, knowing I had not broken any rules and his attacks and actions were unfair.

Both times I've been to that house, Honey specifically requested I come - I never once asked.

Also, all of the non-staff posts have been contributing and welcomed replies - I really don't mind them posting here if it's relevant or if they have questions.

Last edited by Ikri on 2011-08-05, 05:19; edited 1 time in total
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-08-05, 05:14

Ikri wrote:So inviting people to your house, then having your roommate kill them and steal their items, is okay? Hmm...

Also, all of the non-staff posts have been contributing and welcomed replies - I really don't mind them posting here if it's relevant or if they have questions.

I'm sure Zz_For_Dannnn wasn't aware that you were in the house for the trade at the moment (he can clear that up), nevertheless, it did look pretty dodgy with you standing next to a chest that you had just taken items from and an easy mistake to make.

Also, I do. It clutters up the complaints that us members of staff have to read.
    Ikri
    Ikri

Post by Ikri 2011-08-05, 05:32

Well, I bet it looked suspicious. Razz

Honey asked me when I logged on if I had taken Dan's stuff. I told him I knew no Dan and haven't taken any items that I had no business in taking. I had thought of the free chest but didn't think it relevant, as it was, well, free.

Honey wanted to clarify, so he had teleported me there the second time, yesterday, to the house to jog my memory. I saw the free chest and confirmed I did take the slime balls Dan wanted (yet put in the free chest, which sounds like odd behavior to me, if you really do want an item). I've taken a screenshot of the sign above the chest, "Junk Nobody Wants" and I can post that here if requested.

It was then that Dan teleported to me and killed me, entirely unprevoked. He had no context of what was going on, that Honey had invited me there. I don't know if he killed me just to scare me, or to scare me and get the slime balls back. I do expect my items back since Dan broke the TP-kill rule. I am, however, wondering if Dan even knows what he picked up from what I dropped. Razz

@Dan: It was not my intention to unnerve you with being in the house you and Honey share, and for that I apologize - however, I was welcomed there and you did me wrong. As per Yarwood's statement of the misunderstanding, I expect that you'll repair the damage you've done by returning my items and whatever coin you gained by my death, and also apologizing for your actions.
    Albuca
    Albuca
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Albuca 2011-08-05, 06:41

Regarding the chest, even if its a "junk no one wants" it _is_ inside a locked house and not out in the open.
    It could very well be a communal chest that both Dan and Honey share, and place crap they dont want/use/need atm.

Still does not give you the right to take anything.

I mean, someone got teleported into my house, even with permission, I def. wouldnt have been happy if they started stealing. And as Dan had no idea you were teleported in, and you were in _his_ and Honey's house, not yours, I believe it was within reason for him to kill you, PW or not.

I have a PW to my chest room, which is in my house, and if you were in it when I got there, it would be a ligedimant kill because I sure as heck didnt let you in.

Just my 2 cents

Ps. This has been BLOWEN out of proportion.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-08-05, 06:45

Albuca wrote:

*sigh* Every thread in this section is always blown out of proportion.
    Albuca
    Albuca
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Albuca 2011-08-05, 06:47

Orcworm wrote:
    Albuca wrote:

*sigh* Every thread in this section is always blown out of proportion.

But they do keep me entertained during coffee breaks at work ^^
    Ikri
    Ikri

Post by Ikri 2011-08-05, 07:07

Admin abuse absolutely should be blown right out of the water. He needs to be penalized for stealing, tp-killing me and unfairly banning me for personal reasons.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-08-05, 07:28

You had no right being in the house other than to trade with the other guy in there, and for that reason you should not have 'stolen' anything from inside the house - just out of good nature if nothing else.

If the cops had a search warrant to come into your home I don't think they'd pocket your phone or your wallet for their own self gain while they were at it.

Taking the situation into consideration I really don't see a problem with a tempban of only 12h.
    Albuca
    Albuca
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Albuca 2011-08-05, 09:23

Here is the log, with the death notice in there too.
    All unimportant bits, dealing with other players have been removed.
    Most of the chat log has been ommited as well, because I'm too lazy to piece it all together.
    -A
    Ps. My comments and important times are bolded

Thu Aug 04 12:30:05 CEST 2011 INFO [bLog] : HoneyBubble_: /msg ikri NOW if i am right you took some stuff from dans chest Surprised
    Thu Aug 04 12:30:32 CEST 2011 INFO [bLog] : HoneyBubble_: /msg ikri but dan just wants ONE of the things you took
    Thu Aug 04 12:30:42 CEST 2011 INFO [bLog] : HoneyBubble_: /msg ikri the slimeballs
    Thu Aug 04 12:30:46 CEST 2011 INFO [bLog] : Ikri: /msg honey err? well I don't know dan, and I haven't taken anyone's stuff.
    Thu Aug 04 12:30:58 CEST 2011 INFO [bLog] : HoneyBubble_: /msg ikri can i tp you? the evidance is here
    Thu Aug 04 12:31:06 CEST 2011 INFO [bLog] : HoneyBubble_: /msg ikri dan is zz_for_dannnnn
    Thu Aug 04 12:31:09 CEST 2011 INFO [bLog] : HoneyBubble_: /msg ikri the staff member
    Thu Aug 04 12:31:38 CEST 2011 INFO [bLog] : Ikri: /msg honey you can tp me but I don't know him
    Thu Aug 04 12:31:47 CEST 2011 INFO [bLog] : HoneyBubble_: /tp ikri honey

Thu Aug 04 12:37:25 CEST 2011 INFO [bLog] : Zz_For_Dannnnn: /home
    Thu Aug 04 12:37:30 CEST 2011 INFO [bLog] : Zz_For_Dannnnn: /pw goto is He went to HIS PW, where Ikri just so happened to be

Thu Aug 04 12:37:44 CEST 2011 INFO [bLog] : HoneyBubble_: /msg zz_for and the door was supposed to be locked anyways
    [08/04/2011 12:38:01 CEST] Zz_For_Dannnnn maimed Ikri wielding diamond sword
    Thu Aug 04 12:40:26 CEST 2011 INFO [bLog] : HoneyBubble_: /msg zz_for im sorry you are so worked up hunn.
    Thu Aug 04 12:40:44 CEST 2011 INFO [bLog] : HoneyBubble_: /msg zz_for I will Never tp anyone in here ever again
    Thu Aug 04 20:46:07 CEST 2011 INFO [bLog] : HoneyBubble_: and i don't normally swear but ikri.. IS seriously. a shithead Oh, and look, people dont like what you did.

Thu Aug 04 12:47:00 CEST 2011 INFO [bLog] : Zz_For_Dannnnn: /tp ikri See look, he tp'd to you AFTER killing you at his house. Thats not abuse to me.
    Thu Aug 04 12:47:57 CEST 2011 INFO [bLog] : HoneyBubble_: /msg zz_for WOOO go dan <3 THE BEST STAFF justice is sweet! Razz
    Thu Aug 04 12:50:45 CEST 2011 INFO [bLog] : Zz_For_Dannnnn: /tempban Ikri 12 Hours
    Thu Aug 04 12:50:57 CEST 2011 INFO [bLog] : HoneyBubble_: /msg zz_for <3 You Dan

Oh, and these lines made me laugh
    Thu Aug 04 14:18:25 CEST 2011 INFO [bLog] : HoneyBubble_: look on thread
    Thu Aug 04 14:18:30 CEST 2011 INFO [bLog] : HoneyBubble_: forums. complaints
    Thu Aug 04 14:18:34 CEST 2011 INFO [bLog] : HoneyBubble_: albuca derped ikri
    freddy705
    freddy705

Post by freddy705 2011-08-05, 13:08

Thu Aug 04 20:46:07 CEST 2011 INFO [bLog] : HoneyBubble_: and i don't normally swear but ikri.. IS seriously. a shithead Oh, and look, people dont like what you did.

That its not true at all, i think thats the dumbest thing i have ever heared my whole life.

Well fine with me, thats whats you think, and just to mention, she will stop playing at orcworms, because of this and various other things, i rechived a message from her here at the forum, and iam strongly considering the same..

seriously, calling someone a shithead for this small event? with missunderstandings?
    strpr0wng

Post by strpr0wng 2011-08-05, 13:22

its the internet, get used to it =L
    freddy705
    freddy705

Post by freddy705 2011-08-05, 13:28

strpr0wng wrote:its the internet, get used to it =L

the internet dosent have anything do to with people that cant learn to behave them selves..

sadly enough to many of them, and very much Cold blood out there..

(with cold blood i mean people that just play and are not interested in welcome or help newcommers, no offence ofc)
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-08-05, 20:02

Well i still like you Ikri!
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-08-05, 20:20

I remember when I was TP Kill'd by Honey a couple of days ago..Razz

And what do you mean Freddy, that Ikri raged? Just because of this?
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-08-05, 20:57

I think this topic is solved. And for further warning, my signature is in effect as of yesterday.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-17, 17:11