Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

4 posters

A Nearly Impossible Rollback

uberblake
    uberblake

A Nearly Impossible Rollback Empty A Nearly Impossible Rollback

Post by uberblake 2011-09-02, 11:44

Earlier today, I had caught some griefers that decided to destroy my statue. They were a 2 part group and were banned immediately. The rollback was a little tricky though. The first person, Freedust7, originally destroyed the wool. Then his friend, mangoberriz, placed a random color of the wool that Freedust7 destroyed and then destroyed it. In some other cases mangoberriz destroyed the wool, and Freedust7 would recreate it. Normally, one would roll back mangoberriz and be done with it, but for some reason that didn't work. Eventually gamem just replaced the blocks, because whenever he'd roll something back it would be replaced by another thing.

Soon later, after being banned, mangoberriz somehow joined the game. After the statue was just perfect, he came on and grieffed it again. Mangoberriz claimed that his name was spelled wrong in the ban, and wanted to come back and grief again.

I have a suggestion. Check the logs for anything else that these griefers did, that was actually productive. If they didn't do anything that didn't involve destroying/placing mass amounts of wool/jackolanterns/glowstone (materials used to build the statue), then rollback everything that both mangoberriz and freedust7 did.

If you would like screenies...here they are:
    looking at a hole in the statue and the top of a wool tower that they created:
    looking at a couple blocks they destroyed:
    looking through a hole they created into the wool tower, and another hole:
    The secondary grief. This was not as massive as the first, but still is noteworthy. In the chat you can see him saying that he wanted to grief:

These are NOT all the grief they performed, most of it was rolled back. If you can, somehow roll all this back. There should be no logs in the statue, and the griefers are the only logs that should be there (except for gamem's help). I would request to global ban these guys, because they went on the server just to grief, massively.

Forgot the coords D:
    They are: -522,87,280
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

A Nearly Impossible Rollback Empty Re: A Nearly Impossible Rollback

Post by Orcworm 2011-09-02, 12:41

Gamemaster has an unpleasant history of not being able to spell properly... then leaving the mis-spelt name banned without telling me... >_>
    Rardical
    Rardical
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Rardical 2011-09-02, 13:26

Spoiler:

Hope these help.
    sieve
    sieve

Post by sieve 2011-09-02, 14:37