Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+9
Giygas
Rulyon
Monstaboi
skoglol
Jarvisd
sieve
gamemaster1494
mattyeatsmatts
Yarwood
13 posters

POLL. Rollback to March 7th

Poll

Rollback to March 7th?

[ 6 ]
    POLL. Rollback to March 7th Bar_left17%POLL. Rollback to March 7th Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 22 ]
    POLL. Rollback to March 7th Bar_left61%POLL. Rollback to March 7th Bar_right [61%] 
    [ 8 ]
    POLL. Rollback to March 7th Bar_left22%POLL. Rollback to March 7th Bar_right [22%] 

Total Votes: 36
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

POLL. Rollback to March 7th Empty POLL. Rollback to March 7th

Post by Yarwood 2011-03-09, 12:41

On the 8th March (Yesterday) we had an issue where there was either a mass grief/hack, or the environment seems to have messed up considerably.

We believe this to be the cause of most griefs reported today, such as;

xspider30
    MonstaBoi
    aapl2
    GamerG77
    cowwface
    The_Lizardman
    And probably many more that we haven't discovered yet

As you may or may not know, we can not do a usual rollback, and so we have to manually give you the items to repair the damage.

Reverting to a backup on March 7th will go to a stage before the grief/issue, however you'll lose any progress since then.

This could also restore money that people may have been missing money (I'm not sure, wait for Orcworm to verify)
    mattyeatsmatts
    mattyeatsmatts

POLL. Rollback to March 7th Empty Re: POLL. Rollback to March 7th

Post by mattyeatsmatts 2011-03-09, 12:43

Mine was also affected but I think that was Pure's fault

EDIT: I would love a World Reset Smile
    gamemaster1494
    gamemaster1494
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by gamemaster1494 2011-03-09, 12:44

It seems that many of the griefs were mainly fixed. I would appresiate that you would NOT roll it back, due to me working on a major water ride.... It would be a major loss to me if i had to redo all of it i worked on.
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-03-09, 12:50

You are the only one then mattyeatsmatts Razz
    sieve
    sieve

Post by sieve 2011-03-09, 12:52

gamemaster1494 wrote:It seems that many of the griefs were mainly fixed. I would appresiate that you would NOT roll it back, due to me working on a major water ride.... It would be a major loss to me if i had to redo all of it i worked on.

This is true, I made a giant SieveAndSand out of blocks and a world reset would be muy malo. BTW I'm happy to help anyone who got griefed if they need blocks/ manpower
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-03-09, 12:55

No.. We are not talking about the work that is usely fixed. We are talking about griefs that have no logs but missing blocks.
    skoglol
    skoglol

Post by skoglol 2011-03-09, 12:55

I'm a bit unsure, we have been doing a lot of work on a castle during the last days. That involves shuffling around 20 full chests, and mining 20 stacks of obsidian. Funny enough, we started this work last night, and it would all fall within this rollback. I am not sure if I would be able to start this all over again.

I do see the point of it though, since this is obviously a lot of work for admins. At what time was the last server backup taken?

The griefs are definitely not an environment messup, as they have been happening one after another as we were logged on. Our mining complex were griefed somewhere in the space between 11pm 8. march, and 2am 9. march. As far as I can tell, other griefs started happening earlier than that.

Last edited by skoglol on 2011-03-09, 13:10; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : constantly changing your sentences while you're writing sucks! :))
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-03-09, 13:04

I personally don't mind helping to give blocks back to patch up the damage.. Providing people are patient and reasonable..

Skoglol the times are quite helpful, thanks Smile
    That just leads me more towards believing that it was a hacked client then, as the lava in my house (in the spawn-city, aka protected) seemed to destroy a few blocks next to it.

As far as I know..
    The last backup we have before the grief is: "2011-Mar-08 00:00:10" GMT / GMT+1 time I believe (Needs to be confirmed by Orc)
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-03-09, 13:14

Well this is why we have world edit. To fix damage Neutral Other than that why would we need world edit as 'anti grief' (-Peterporty) tool. I think it is easy to fix.
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-03-09, 13:19

Jarvisd wrote:Well this is why we have world edit. To fix damage Neutral Other than that why would we need world edit as 'anti grief' (-Peterporty) tool. I think it is easy to fix.

Also, gamem has reed growing from the ceiling.. Check it out!! Very Happy
    gamemaster1494
    gamemaster1494
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by gamemaster1494 2011-03-09, 13:24

sieve wrote:
    gamemaster1494 wrote:It seems that many of the griefs were mainly fixed. I would appresiate that you would NOT roll it back, due to me working on a major water ride.... It would be a major loss to me if i had to redo all of it i worked on.

This is true, I made a giant SieveAndSand out of blocks and a world reset would be muy malo. BTW I'm happy to help anyone who got griefed if they need blocks/ manpower

I believe it would be "muy mal" mal doesn't change to malo or mala.... =B
    gamemaster1494
    gamemaster1494
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by gamemaster1494 2011-03-09, 13:25

YarwoodUK wrote:
    Jarvisd wrote:Well this is why we have world edit. To fix damage Neutral Other than that why would we need world edit as 'anti grief' (-Peterporty) tool. I think it is easy to fix.

Also, gamem has reed growing from the ceiling.. Check it out!! Very Happy

Should i post these pics? =D

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-03-09, 13:25

Malo is the adjective form, El es malo- He is evil etc. Like you have buen . It goes to bueno and buena
    Monstaboi
    Monstaboi

Post by Monstaboi 2011-03-09, 14:08

No, ive been working my ass of on my new shop with the bulk of the work between those 2 times. Idk if i could do it all again
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-03-09, 15:45

Well clearly something weird happened. I doubt one person could do this without some sort of super inventory hack and speed hack. Jesus I haveseen every spot of the map have this happen to it. Reading the logs, Environment was banned by krios and kicked, Orc needs to ask him why he did this. Also if krios rolled back all of enviroments edits, this would explain random damage, anything lava touched or fire, gets rolledback, I have seen this if the lava touched a chest it will be rolledback to no chest. Ie, all lava placed then removed from a griefer will be deleted. This is the only logical reason random holes pop up and makes sense to me. Enviroment: Lava Flowed. Rollback boom all blocks effected gone.

I demand a cookie if this is true!
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-03-09, 16:32

I was unable to log on today...makes me apprehensive to see what's waiting for me in the morning.
    skoglol
    skoglol

Post by skoglol 2011-03-09, 16:38

Jarvisd wrote:Well clearly something weird happened. I doubt one person could do this without some sort of super inventory hack and speed hack. Jesus I haveseen every spot of the map have this happen to it. Reading the logs, Environment was banned by krios and kicked, Orc needs to ask him why he did this. Also if krios rolled back all of enviroments edits, this would explain random damage, anything lava touched or fire, gets rolledback, I have seen this if the lava touched a chest it will be rolledback to no chest. Ie, all lava placed then removed from a griefer will be deleted. This is the only logical reason random holes pop up and makes sense to me. Enviroment: Lava Flowed. Rollback boom all blocks effected gone.

I demand a cookie if this is true!

I believe Orc (or whoever played Orcworm) banned someone called Environment earlier today, so this theory could very well fit. Would explain why every hole I have seen yet has had lava in it (and why the affected areas also had affected obsidian), as well as the lava stream in Kumatora removing random pieces of glass. If this is fact, I bet that guy knows about it and is laughing his ass off by now Laughing
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-03-09, 16:54

Well this happened before, we try to ban Environment when really he dosn't exist. I searched the logs and no where did anyone come on with that name. Very Happy
    skoglol
    skoglol

Post by skoglol 2011-03-09, 17:35

Oh dear, this is so funny and so sad at the same time Laughing

So, does this mean a world rollback is necessary, or is there some fancy command to fix it?
    Giygas
    Giygas

Post by Giygas 2011-03-09, 18:37

For me a rollback is just fine. My Village took alot of damage, especially Nero's house wich was surrounded by lava, now the lava is out of control and alot of holes are now in the obsidian walls.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-03-09, 18:46

Environment is literally the environment, I was banning for the sake of it.
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-03-09, 20:21

So my theory about the hacked client renaming to Environment to bypass the logs wouldn't work? Sad

As for village Giygas, I'll help you clear it up via //drain and super-pickaxe if Orc is alright with that

EDIT: It's pretty uninanimous that nobody want's a rollback, so I guess us mods will be working overtime! Razz
    Giygas
    Giygas

Post by Giygas 2011-03-09, 20:56

YarwoodUK wrote:As for village Giygas, I'll help you clear it up via //drain and super-pickaxe if Orc is alright with that

Uh sounds like even more destruction. No with that. If there wont be a rollback it would be appriciated to jsut give us some Glass, Stone Slabs, Obsidian blocks. Maybe some more stuff but cant tell right now.
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-03-09, 21:41

I would also recommend against the revert. It would seem to me more work sous lost in the revert than the mass griefing. I think the best route would be to reimburse and assist in rebuilding efforts for those who were grieved.

I'll contribute some labor and resources to the process. Give me a job and I'll attend to it with what resources I have available if you like. I have no immediate use for them other than to sit in my shop awaiting purchase and if they can be used to help someone else on the server I'd be happy to provide them.
    Giygas
    Giygas

Post by Giygas 2011-03-09, 23:02

Well then give my Brother some Obsidian Razz
    My Bro is NeroTheDarklord
    Rendarg
    Rendarg
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Rendarg 2011-03-09, 23:36

If those guys really need it, then i got no problem with a rollback to 7th march
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-03-10, 00:02

Giygas wrote:Well then give my Brother some Obsidian Razz
    My Bro is NeroTheDarklord

Any repairs from my inventory will be done BY ME at the owner's direction. That way I can more accurately keep track of the inventory as it dwindles.
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-03-10, 02:53

Giygas wrote:
    YarwoodUK wrote:As for village Giygas, I'll help you clear it up via //drain and super-pickaxe if Orc is alright with that

Uh sounds like even more destruction. No with that. If there wont be a rollback it would be appriciated to jsut give us some Glass, Stone Slabs, Obsidian blocks. Maybe some more stuff but cant tell right now.

//drain - Gets rid of lava/water in a set radius
    Super Pickaxe - One click destroy blocks - such as the obsidian that's out of place
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-03-10, 04:49

Resources is not a problem with we and /give. It is mainly showing orclarge 'griefs' and have him //set them etc,
    Xltimus
    Xltimus

Post by Xltimus 2011-03-10, 08:29

I would rather not have a rollback considering we can repair the damages relatively (I hope) quickly, and those who have made progress can still work where they left off.
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-03-10, 08:30

Yea, most of the damage seems to have been fixed now, pretty unanimous that people didn't want a rollback anyway
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-03-10, 09:48

Who cares?
    gamemaster1494
    gamemaster1494
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by gamemaster1494 2011-03-10, 10:06

GaMerG77 wrote:

Who cares?

Oh fawk you gamerg77. I hope everyone likes my boat ride when its all finished! I may have to shorten it and then expand it after a while. taking a lot longer than i thought. lag doesn't help either.
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-03-10, 12:19

gamemaster1494 wrote:
    GaMerG77 wrote:

Who cares?

Oh fawk you gamerg77. I hope everyone likes my boat ride when its all finished! I may have to shorten it and then expand it after a while. taking a lot longer than i thought. lag doesn't help either.

You hate me? I love you

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 13:32