Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+9
Krellyn
Orcworm
Lizardman
Ciphon
skoglol
PureCraft
FillerB
Vespasian
oysterbarron
13 posters

Plugin To disable PVP?

oysterbarron

Plugin To disable PVP? Empty Plugin To disable PVP?

Post by oysterbarron 2011-04-08, 18:27

This is the one thing that annoys me and contributed to my rage in getting banned. I realize that alot of people enjoy PvP but would it be possible to have some sort of system in place where you can turn it off. Or have a certain region within the game where it is not possible? just like what the spawn is like! So the easygoing minecraft builders can just get on with what the want to do instead of worrying about getting killed while they are above ground.
    Vespasian
    Vespasian

Plugin To disable PVP? Empty Re: Plugin To disable PVP?

Post by Vespasian 2011-04-08, 18:37

Yeah, and next we'll get a plugin to let everyone spawn infinite items and fly around, so its just like a creative server. Oh wait.
    FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

Post by FillerB 2011-04-08, 18:38

No.

What part of PvP-enabled server is so hard to understand? The only safe place is, and will forever be if I have any say in the matter, New Orcshire.
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-04-08, 18:46

Its a fucking PVP Server!
    Stop bitching about people killing you and grow up already!
    oysterbarron

Post by oysterbarron 2011-04-08, 19:34

you guys seriously over react to a simple suggestion! and your telling me to grow up!

Think of the upsides of you doing something like this people wont go off on a griefing rage because someone killed them! hence making your job a bit easier in the long run!
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-04-08, 19:40

WE get this same suggestion every other week and always it is either "some sort of system" or "use a plugin that". If you want us to take your suggestion serious then at least put some effort in it.
    oysterbarron

Post by oysterbarron 2011-04-08, 20:12

Ah sorry didnt realize it was suggested so often just thought it would be a good idea. Maybe the fact that it is suggested every week might be a sign that it should be seriously considered! Well when i say plugin, thinking about it you allready must have some form of protection mod enabled for the spawn point, So what im asking is maybe if you could extend that say to the south zone of the map to enable a safe haven for players just to freebuild. Obvioulsly players who enjoy the PVP aspect of the server will still be able to PVP in the north, west, or east zones. Players if they leave the safe zone would still be vunerable to attack.

Now comes the fun Part of this idea! this may require a plugin?

Players within the safe haven will not be a 100% safe If one of them griefs someone else's build within the area or in other zones a contract will be taken out and there immunity lifted and a lovely GIL reward will be placed on ther head, the reward will be open to any player to take on and you can choose to go and hunt this person down or simply carry on with your build, Hence still keeping the PVP aspect of the server intact.

You could in therory incorporte this system across the server but i shall keep it simple to one zone as an example.

For those of you who have played Rift it would be kind of like a rift event where players from the server have to unite for a common cause! to seal the rift (GRIEFER) so to speak!
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-04-08, 20:28

Three things immediately spring to mind:

1. Griefers are already banned on sight.
    2. What is keeping people from placing a bounty on someones head for whatever reason now?
    3. How would we indicate when a player enters a safe zone? (mod+ don't give me that entering/leaving-zone-message crap. That stuff just sucks balls and is lost in the chat)
    skoglol
    skoglol

Post by skoglol 2011-04-08, 20:32

This thread is amusing Laughing If you dont want pvp, go to spawn. Or log off.
    oysterbarron

Post by oysterbarron 2011-04-08, 20:48

FillerB wrote:Three things immediately spring to mind:

1. Griefers are already banned on sight. : I realize this Consistant or really bad griefers would be banned! I have been looking at the topics posted in the ban appeal section and some of the bans have been for the removal of 2 blocks or the placement of a single block within someones house, Now i personally think this is a bit harsh for such a minor offence that didnt cause that much damage to property!

2. What is keeping people from placing a bounty on someones head for whatever reason now? The bounty could only be placed by Mods once the rollback of the grief has been done.

3. How would we indicate when a player enters a safe zone? (mod+ don't give me that entering/leaving-zone-message crap. That stuff just sucks balls and is lost in the chat) : well im not a 100% sure on modding but with the flymod when you activate it a message appears to the right of the minecraft version saying flymode on im thinking this may be able to be incorporated in some way instead to come up saying safe zone when within a safe zone and nothing when not in a safe zone.

FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-04-08, 20:56

1. Grief is grief no matter how minor. Appeals for minor grief are usually granted and the player given a second chance.
    2. Why would the mods need to do this?
    3. That's a client hack. Something like that isn't AFAIK possible using a server-side mod.
    4. Could you not perchance mark your reactions in red so it would be easier to read?
    oysterbarron

Post by oysterbarron 2011-04-08, 21:31

FillerB wrote:1. Grief is grief no matter how minor. Appeals for minor grief are usually granted and the player given a second chance : this suggestion would get rid of you having to enforce bans for a first infringment and also having a ban appeal to deal with on the forums for a first time offence (after player who griefed gets killed could lock him within a prison for a certain ammount of time with signs explaing that griefs wont be tolerated in future and will result in ban!)

2. Why would the mods need to do this? Because mods are the responsible ones and have the dealings with giving out bans in the first place so it would be like a slightly new system for first time offenders

3. That's a client hack. Something like that isn't AFAIK possible using a server-side mod. I have seen many mods possible with minecraft some of witch you would have never thought possible im sure there is an alternative suggestion

4. Could you not perchance mark your reactions in red so it would be easier to read? sorry dont know how will bold do

Ciphon
    Ciphon

Post by Ciphon 2011-04-08, 23:57

Umm it's called zoning, once you get a zone by orcworm (for a lot of Gil) you can set it to no-Pvp within your zone... Except I dont think orcworm is doing zones right now
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-04-09, 00:12

You also must donate. Only donators may have zones in this map. :3
    oysterbarron

Post by oysterbarron 2011-04-09, 01:15

Ahh right that sounds good well hopefully if my ban appeal is succesful then i will quite happily donate in exchange for that! plus the ability to ride players sounds awesome, I see it on the yogcast and was laughing!

I was trying to build a fountain close to the exit of the spawn had my bucket of water ready! got as far as placing 4 blocks and got killed!
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-04-09, 01:23

Demon_Cat wrote:Umm it's called zoning, once you get a zone by orcworm (for a lot of Gil) you can set it to no-Pvp within your zone... Except I dont think orcworm is doing zones right now

If you mark an area for me I'll set your zone up.

And oyster, tried to login recently?
    oysterbarron

Post by oysterbarron 2011-04-09, 01:42

No havent tried been waiting to see if my appeal went through! Il give it a go!

EDIT: just tried failed to connect but i was getting that sometimes before i was banned will try later! i will have to borrow a friends paypal when i get paid then il make a donation really want that zoned land, is the size negotiable? depending on how close to the spawn it is?
    Krellyn
    Krellyn

Post by Krellyn 2011-04-09, 02:38

Deal with it.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-04-09, 03:02

Yes, the zone size is negotiable.
    sieve
    sieve

Post by sieve 2011-04-09, 06:30

oysterbarron wrote:you guys seriously over react to a simple suggestion! and your telling me to grow up!

Think of the upsides of you doing something like this people wont go off on a griefing rage because someone killed them! hence making your job a bit easier in the long run!

you're
    Baldymoint7
    Baldymoint7

Post by Baldymoint7 2011-04-09, 06:35

Better grammer makes more nice responses from people and deal with PvP its called SURVIVAL thats the only game mode out atm DEAL!!
    oysterbarron

Post by oysterbarron 2011-04-09, 14:13

sieve wrote:
    oysterbarron wrote:you guys seriously over react to a simple suggestion! and your telling me to grow up!

you're

sorry son i am fresh out of medals for stating the obvious!
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-04-10, 00:37

oysterbarron wrote:
    sieve wrote:

you're

sorry son i am fresh out of medals for stating the obvious!

Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-04-10, 01:49

Please ignore half the donators here, they're a bunch of idiots. Also ignore the admins, they're a bunch of idiots. Please don't forget to ignore mods, they're a bunch of idiots. Actually, the only people who behave are guests, but everyone ignores those anyways.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 22:22