Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+13
Monstaboi
MiniLink
Imir31d
Grintendo
Orcworm
aapl2
PureCraft
Ciphon
4o66
Kn16h7
Yarwood
Lizardman
NeroTheDarklord
17 posters

Custom drops and additional modifications regarding the nether mobs

NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Custom drops and additional modifications regarding the nether mobs Empty Custom drops and additional modifications regarding the nether mobs

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-04-27, 07:31

First something important:
    Ghasts do spawn now, but they make no sound or expression when shooting fireballs.
    Fire balls are invisible and still break blocks. I recomment prop damage to be disabled for fireballs or make ghasts not attack at all, or even remove them again if none of this is doable.

Now to the costum drops:
    Id say zombie pigmen sould drop gold tools in a rare case and have their cooked pork droprate reduced, since they are rotten zombies and most of them should not be edible at all.

Also, if ghasts will stay on the server, they should drop something rare and valueable, since they tend to fly above unreachable ground or lava. Id say lets have them drop fire blocks in a medium rare case, so we can craft chainmails again.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Custom drops and additional modifications regarding the nether mobs Empty Re: Custom drops and additional modifications regarding the nether mobs

Post by Lizardman 2011-04-27, 08:05

I support this.

Custom drops in the real world should be disabled or changed from Nether items as well since the Nether is accessable.
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Custom drops and additional modifications regarding the nether mobs Empty Re: Custom drops and additional modifications regarding the nether mobs

Post by Yarwood 2011-04-27, 08:10

I agree with everything said apart from the last part.. I smell donator abuse Razz

Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-04-27, 08:19

What, my idea? I thought it would be better to only get Nether items from the Nether.
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-04-27, 08:25

Lizardman wrote:What, my idea? I thought it would be better to only get Nether items from the Nether.
    i think he was talking about the OP and how donators would abuse /mc to get chainmail very easy...
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-04-27, 08:27

Ah. I see.

Thing is: Chainmail is pretty useless; it just looks badass. :3
    4o66
    4o66
    RP Moderator
    RP Moderator

Post by 4o66 2011-04-27, 08:44

I hadn't even thought of /mc'ing to get a ghast. Awesomez
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-04-27, 09:03

I still think ghasts should drop something rare and maybe valueable... but at a very low droprate... might i even go that risky and say... diamonds?
    I mean actualy why not? Diamonds are currently overpriced anyway and if ghats had a LOW chance of dropping a single diamond, maybe the prices would become more reasonable and people would feel more comfortable with starting to wear diamond armor again
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-04-27, 09:08

We need a feature to disable /mc in the nether!
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-04-27, 09:23

Why? Ghast fireballs = ololol FUCK YOU since fireballs are so fast and /mc is sloooooowwww.
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-04-27, 09:54

I haven't been in the new nether yet, but it was REALLY easy to kill ghasts with a sword and /mc in the last one we had :p
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-04-27, 10:06

Their fireballs are hella fast plus invisible. It'll be quite a task to kill one, even with /mc.
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-04-27, 10:38

if its so hard to kill one, it be a great idea to make them drop something uber-rare, every once in a while. i like the chainmail idea, it will make having chainmail mean something, aside from it looking cool.

NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-04-27, 13:44

not only is chainmail looking cool but it can absorb the most damage of all armors, even though it only has the durability of leather.

Here are some ideas for the overworld mobs:

Skeletons: very rarely drops bows. It must be rare because you basicaly only need one for all eternity and if you get too many of them, its annoying.

Zombies: randomly drops leather armor pieces, wood tools or stone tools by a medium-to-low chance. Zombies are considered fallen survivors so it would make sense that they carry stuff around.

Spiders: rarely drop apples, cookies or both... im not too sure about that but i think apples and cookies should be accessable somehow... the idea is that,since spiders commonly feast on humans, they store up what humans carried with them in their belly. So thats why they drop apples or cookies.

Creepers: very rarely drops sponges. The creeper is just all over weird. I mean its a green ugly penis on four feet with no legs that sneaks up on you to explode. So why not just say its body contains sponges? These things are quite very useful when constructing near water, underwater or underground and you dont want water to mess up your work.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-04-27, 13:52

NeroTheDarklord wrote:Creepers: very rarely drops sponges. The creeper is just all over weird. I mean its a green ugly penis on four feet with no legs that sneaks up on you to explode. So why not just say its body contains sponges? These things are quite very useful when constructing near water, underwater or underground and you dont want water to mess up your work.

NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-04-27, 23:29

lol liz that was an ego booster

Post by Guest 2011-04-27, 23:40

I loved the old custom drops. Just go out with a sword nd kill a mob, a fountain of rare itmes spews for the body, that was awesome.
    Ciphon
    Ciphon

Post by Ciphon 2011-04-27, 23:59

I vote no to cookie and sponge drops, these items are rare and meant to be so
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-04-28, 00:00

where can you get sponge anyways?
    aapl2
    aapl2

Post by aapl2 2011-04-28, 00:04

I don't think you can get sponges
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-04-28, 00:08

You cannot. It's also totally useless.

Troll mob + troll item = lulz.
    Ciphon
    Ciphon

Post by Ciphon 2011-04-28, 00:19

Cookies you can get but are extremely rare I want to keep it that way
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-04-28, 00:21

cookies aren't that hard to get.
    xxx
    xxx
    wheat coco bean wheat
    You find coco bean in every dungeon.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-04-28, 00:35

I meant sponges. Cookies are also useless though.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-04-28, 01:45

I'm thinking it would be good to get some of the more obscure blocks like sponge out there though, with Worldguard I think they actually soak water like they should, so it's a shame that they're not obtainable.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-04-28, 01:53

Test server time? :3
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-04-28, 02:34

I know you guys like making suggestions for new mod drops ext and it could be very possible that your ideas are better, but still changing items to make them easily accessible/rarer screws up the economy and people can end up loosing a lota Gil and become hella' pissed off...
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-04-28, 02:47

Economies fluctuate just like they do in the real world. :3
    Imir31d
    Imir31d
    RP Moderator
    RP Moderator

Post by Imir31d 2011-04-28, 03:07

mc/ing was the first thing i thought hwen i heard rare ghast drops Razz
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-04-28, 03:55

Well people get annoyed when they invest in something and then the item turns out to be worth zilch, but i guess having access to rare normally unattainable items is cool... But ruining like the price of accessible items like diamond would be annoying...
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-04-28, 04:30

>Implying I planned to make mobs drop diamonds.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-04-28, 04:34

As if the value of diamonds isn't degraded enough. :3
    MiniLink
    MiniLink

Post by MiniLink 2011-04-28, 05:23

Orcworm wrote:>Implying I planned to make mobs drop diamonds.

i hope you never will do this xD the we found so much Diamounds but this will kill the diamond price extreme
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-04-28, 05:50

The only time diamonds should be a mob drop is when theres simply no more in the map...

it would be a last resort to keep from a map reset.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-04-28, 06:44

Not even then.

Should just go thru the list of banned peeps and have a field day rolling em back. Very Happy
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-04-28, 07:04

I wasn't implying that, just using diamonds as an example of an obtainable item that could loose value. Also diamond blocks were dropped in the old map...
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-04-28, 09:30

Grintendo wrote:

I wasn't implying that, just using diamonds as an example of an obtainable item that could loose value. Also diamond blocks were dropped in the old map...

Lol, they were on a 1% drop rate from one mob, the RNG screwed me once again.
    Monstaboi
    Monstaboi

Post by Monstaboi 2011-04-28, 10:27

If i may make some mob drop suggestions:
    Skeletons:
    7-10% bow
    Zombie:
    7-10% leather armor piece/ stone tool
    5% mossy cobblestone (although worthless)
    Creeper:
    7-15% egg/cake
    5-7% sponge
    Spider:
    10-15% mushroom (?) (could also apply to zombies?)
    7-10% pumpkin/ jack-o-lantern
    Wolf:(might not be good to encourage killing these)
    10-20% leather (they kill cows? Idk)
    Chicken:
    5-10% egg
    7-15% seeds
    Cow: (cow glitch could be a problem)
    10-20% wheat
    1-5% milk bucket (?)
    Pig:
    10-25% mushroom
    Zombie pigman:
    7-25% gold tool
    5% feather
    Ghast:
    .01% diamond (?)
    1-3% gold bar/ore
    5-10% iron bar/ore
    30% one of each nether block
    Ciphon
    Ciphon

Post by Ciphon 2011-04-28, 14:31

Lol wolfs kill sheep not cows, and wolfs already drop golden apples, I think that's good enough, and the cow glitch is no more as well
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-04-28, 18:06

I don't see the point of making easily obtainable items more obtainable, least make the drops previously unobtainable items like sponge?
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-04-28, 18:20

Last I used a sponge, It actually played keep away with water.
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-04-28, 23:10

Heres another idea... talking about unobtainable items... Notch added a new block tot the game: Spider Webs!
    Why dont we have spiders drop these?

Also, i had the idea to make windowns with portal blocks. I wonder if you can place portal blocks if they were dropped.
    Ciphon
    Ciphon

Post by Ciphon 2011-04-29, 00:17

Portal blocks? As far as I know of those can't be broken once placed, so they're as dangerous as bedrock
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-04-29, 01:32

They get destroyed if you place another one next to it, IIRC.
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-04-29, 01:42

I think they break when anything is placed immediately next to them... or maybe its when something next to them breaks... i cant remember .-. all i know is their not hard to get rid of.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-04-29, 01:47

Spider webs!?
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-04-29, 01:53

YEAH! they slow you down a shit load and if u fall in them from high heights you'll slowly sink to the ground and the second u touch down you DIE! =D their awesome!
    paradox74
    paradox74

Post by paradox74 2011-04-29, 02:41

Monstaboi wrote:If i may make some mob drop suggestions:
    Zombie:
    7-10% leather armor piece/ stone tool
    5% mossy cobblestone (although worthless)
    Spider:
    10-15% mushroom (?) (could also apply to zombies?)
    7-10% pumpkin/ jack-o-lantern
    Pig:
    10-25% mushroom

I agree with every thing but these. Thanks to the growbie plugin it is immensely easy to get lots of mushrooms, pumpkins, and mossy cobblestone. So I think maybe getting saddles at a 1% from spiders. Seeing as when you use them you don't get them back.
    One quick question.... Can spider jockys be programmed to drop something special? If so that should be special.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-04-29, 03:05

Spi jockey is considered two different mobs. :3

Also, @Grintendo:

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Web
    paradox74
    paradox74

Post by paradox74 2011-04-29, 03:24

Darn because I would have no problem saying that they should drop diamonds 10% of the time just because I have only ever seen 2 in SMP and SSP. Oh well Sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-15, 14:14